• Published 1st Apr 2014
  • 4,027 Views, 78 Comments

Forbidden Honesty - Music4ever



When a perfect day turns into a disaster only love will be able to defeat it or will it...

  • ...
14
 78
 4,027

Up high, Down low, Now go

Love is the flower you've got to let grow~John Lennon

The mysterious pony circled Applejack, examining her, looking for everything…… anything. Although Applejack said she was alright with cooperating with the mysterious pony, her common sense was telling her to back out of this, as it was going to be a BIG mistake to make. But then, the pain in her heart reminded her why she was doing it, and it had to be done.

"This little way I have of taking off the pain is extreme and only I can do it."

"B-but I thought.."

"I will help you take the pain away, and the side effect are painful. It's going to hurt."the
voice warned her.

"Do it already."

"I like your attitude little pony, and that's the reason I came to you, because you don't deserve to be held back just because your heart decided to screw up."

"You're right, I don't deserve to be held back just because my heart wants something I don't need." said Applejack with hatred in her eyes.

"He doesn't care about you." said the voice with anger.

"He doesn't care about me." repeated Applejack with the same emotion.

"He means nothing to you."

"He means nothing to me!!!" screamed Applejack.

"He doesn't love you." taunted the voice, this time with sadness.

Just like before, Applejack repeated the same thing. "He doesn't love me." this time, right after Applejack spoke up, her eyes changed color, as they no longer were they green, but they were now yellow and her coat turned greyish with orange.

As the transformation happened, Applejack fell to the floor with an expression of pain and hurt on her face and then she started screaming in agony.
"AAAHHHHHHHH, AAAAAHHHHHH!" a few tears fell down her face. Her head was pounding and her chest felt as if it was ripping itself apart. Slowly, all the memories of Spike and her together passed by her mind, making the feeling in her chest worse."AAAHHHHHHHHHH." Once the pain was over, she stayed on the floor, emotionally drained.

The figure helped Applejack stand before talking again."Now go along darling, they must be looking for you."

Applejack turned around and followed the path, her image becoming little and little until she was out of sight.

The figure glowed, and in its place stood Chrysalis with an evil smirk."Well….. that was easier than expected. One down…… one to go."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applejack opened the door to Zecora's house and walked to her room. When she got there, she immediately saw Spike sleeping on his side of the bed and instead of sleeping in the bed, she took a seat on the floor. Eventually, sleep came to her and she fell into a dreamless sleep.
She woke up early just like she always did, and she stretched a little bit before heading into the kitchen and making herself some breakfast.

"*Yawn* hey there sis." Applebloom's voice came out sleep,y yet she still sounded as happy as ever.

"Hey there Applebloom, got some nice sleep last night?"

"Yeah, I'm really glad you came back!" replied Applebloom as she sat down at the table.

"Made something special for ya."

"What is it?!" asked the little filly with excitement in her eyes.

Applejack placed a plate that had some chocolate chip cookies in it. As quickly as Applebloom saw them she grabbed two cookies and stuffed them in her mouth.
"Mmmm, sis you're a great cooker!" complemented Applebloom with her mouth full.

"What this, oh little sis, this is nothing. Just wait till you taste one of my cakes."suggested Applejack.

"Good morning girls, mmm…... what’s that delicious smell?" asked Twilight.

Applebloom chewed on her cookies before talking."Applejack baked a few cookies, want some?"

"Thanks." Twilight took a seat by her side and took some cookies from the plate and placed some on her own.

As Twilight ate in silence, she noticed that Applejack didn't join them for breakfast. For her, that was really strange, as Applejack wasn't the kind of pony that skipped any meal. Twilight got up from the table and searched for Applejack, and after looking everywhere, she found her outside sleeping in front of the house.

"Applejack, Applejack wake up." whispered Twilight while tapped her hoof at her shoulder.

"Huh, what *yawn* happened" muttered Applejack as she rubbed her eyes.

"I came to find you since you didn't join us for breakfast."

"I...I was sleepy, that's all." explained Applejack.

"And you.....decided to sleep outside."

Applejack eyes moved from one place to another before speaking."I needed some air."

"Applejack, are you lying?"asked Twilight.

"I never thought that somepony like you would say such a thing about me." said Applejack as she went inside the house.

"Applejack, wait I didn't, *sigh* what's going on with her." Twilight took a look at her surroundings. The forest seemed......darker, and maybe it was her mind just playing tricks on her. After all, she had other important things to worry about, and she had to make them see that they were meant to be together, which was easier said than done.

Zecora's hut

Spike had just finished eating breakfast when Applejack came into the kitchen."Hey there AJ!"

"Hi." mumbled Applejack before leaving the kitchen.

"Wait AJ…….. can we talk?"

"Sorry….. I'm busy."answered Applejack with a flat tone as she walked to her bedroom.

"*Sigh* That went...well."

"Hey Spike, there's something I've been wanting to talk about since you came back."said Twilight.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Did you find the book?"

"Yeah, well Applejack did."

"And...are you sure you want to do it."

Spike knew that he was the only dragon around, meaning he needed to find his special somepony."Yes."

"We need to hurry, we only have four days left before, before Chrysalis takes over all Equestria."

"Alright then, what's the plan."


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's s-so cold."stuttered Fluttershy as she tried to get some heat by covering herself with her wings.

"I k-know….. it's really cold, but you have to keep going."begged Rainbow to her friend.

"I feel so tired and very sleepy."

Rainbow Dash panicked."No! Fluttershy listen to me, you have to keep pushing forward or neither of us will get out of here."

"I'm trying….. I really am!"screamed Fluttershy with tears in her eyes.

"Pinkie, stay with Fluttershy, keep her warm."

"Eye eye captain." responded Pinkie pie.

All of them were so worried about Fluttershy's condition that neither of them noticed when a shadow walked in.

"About time I found you, this place is so big." complained the mysterious voice.

Fluttershy stopped trembling and took a step forward, with happiness on her eyes and a big smile she looked at the shadow."Discord!" Fluttershy tried walking to him but was soon stopped by Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash stood in front of Fluttershy stopping her from advancing."Fluttershy wait! This could be a trick."

"What do you mean?!" asked Fluttershy.

"He could be working for her." whispered Rainbow.

"I would never do such a thing!" said Discord as he appeared beside Rainbow.

Fluttershy took a good look at Discord, he had the same mischievous smile, same expression and most of all his attitude.There was no doubt that Discord was still her friend. As the smile adorned her face she flew towards Discord and gave him a tight hug.

"Oh Discord, I missed you so much!"

"Same here, my dear." Discord also took a look at her and noticed that she was trembling. An expression of concern crossed his features."My love, you're freezing." in a snap, Fluttershy was on the floor sitting with Discord cuddling closer to her."Better?"

Fluttershy gave him a loving look before responding. "Much, thanks."

"No problem."

All this time, Rainbow and Pinkie had their mouths hanging open with an expression of awe in their faces. What had happened to Discord? Why was he acting so.....sappy.

"Awwww, I wish I had a camera." pouted Pinkie.

Rainbow gave her friend a weird look. "Why would you want to have a picture of.....THAT?!"

Pinkie grabbed her friend and pushed her to a corner with great force.

"Ow, that hurt." complained Rainbow.

"Sorry, it's just that well, look at them……... what do you see?"

Rainbow gave a look at the draconequus and her friend, they seemed so happy and calmed with each other."They are happy?"

"And..."

"Safe?"

"No you dummy, they're in love." said Pinkie her voice getting quieter at the last part.

"But-"

"Yeah, yeah, he's chaos, and she's kindness, but you know what they say, opposites attract."

"Well I'd love to stay here, but unfortunately I must go." Discord gave Fluttershy a hug and he whispered something into her ear that made her blush.

"Goodbye Discord."

"Don't worry, I'll get you out of here, my angel."

Fluttershy's blush deepened at his words."Thank you." and with that Discord was gone.
Rainbow dash appeared on Fluttershy's side, snapping her from her daze.

"Alright missy, explain to me why Discord acted so sappy to you?”

"We are friends, Rainbow, and he didn't act sappy."

"Then why did he call you "my love", because I don't think that's what friends do."

"Come on Fluttershy you can trust us." said Pinkie.

"Fine, yes, we are more than friends."

"Awwww……. Fluttershy found her special somepony."

Rainbow shook her head. "Seriously Pinkie, do you even know what you are saying? It's Discord for Pete's sake!"

"But he's been so kind with me and caring, happy, and oh so romantic."said Fluttershy with a loving look in her eyes.

"I don't care if he stops making chaos, I'll never accept him as a friend." boomed Rainbow.

"At least give him a chance, for me………………... please."

"Fine, but if he hurts you even one time, he's dead."

"Thanks Rainbow…….. this means so much to me!" said Fluttershy as she gave her a hug.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Spike can I talk to you for a moment, in private." said Twilight in a very worried tone.

"Um, sure?"
The dragon followed Twilight to a room and just when he came through the door, she locked it shut.

"Alright, tell me what happened?" demanded Twilight.

Spike froze, what was she talking about. "What do you mean?"

"Spike, don't play dumb with me. Applejack has avoided you all day long, did you do something?"

"Oh, yeah, that."said Spike.

"Sooo."

"I don't know really. All I know is that Applejack doesn't want to talk to me."

"Something else?"

"I, no never mind"

"Spike you have to tell me everything so I can help Applejack. I don't care if it sounds crazy, but you care about her a lot, don't try to deny it!!!"

She's right…. I do care for Applejack, a lot even, and it hurts me that she doesn't want to talk to me or even be around me. I hope I didn't hurt her feeling. "When she's around me she..."

"What is it?"

"Well it's, her eyes change color."

Twilight blinked a few seconds, trying to process what Spike just said. Was it even possible for a pony to change her eye color?
"What color is it?"

"Um, it's yellow."

"Alright, I'll see what I can do." She needed to talk to her that's for sure.

"Applebloom, do you know were AJ is?"

"She's in our room." replied Applebloom.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

Twilight opened the door and found her friend sleeping on the floor beside a bed, from the looks of it she was having a nightmare."Applejack."

Applejack groaned. "What do ya want."

Twilight was taken back by Applejack's tone. "Meet me outside, we need to talk."
Twilight trotted outside and waited for Applejack to come outside. With all the crazy acting, that only meant two things, she was hiding something or forced to do something she doesn't want to. Time was running out, and if things keep getting out of hoof, then we might never defeat Chrysalis and before we know it, Equestria will be taken over by the changelings.

Twilight was so distracted and worried by her thoughts that she barely notice she had backed up all the way to a tree.

"Twilight, y'all alright?" asked Applejack with a teasing tone that made Twilight worried.
"Um, no, everything is perfectly fine." said Twilight giving her a nervous smile.

"Come on Twilight, I know a liar when I see it, and you are lying." stated Applejack as she lean on a tree beside her friend.

Twilight had to think of an excuse, and fast."You're right, I'm lying."Twilight paused, choosing her word carefully. "After all, everything is not fine, Chrysalis is back and she got really powerful, plus, they are looking for us!"yelled Twilight.

Applejack raised her eyebrow. "Is that all."

Twilight looked at Applejack with shock, as this wasn't the Applejack she knew. She would always care about every pony, listen to their problems, and give them advice."You're not the Applejack I know."

"I'm the same mare from everyday."

"Then why are you avoiding Spike?"

"That right there ain't none of your business."

"He's been sad all day because you're ignoring him."

"Don't you dare talk about him." snarled Applejack her eyes flashing yellow for a second.

"Why?"

"Because I said so."

"But I thought you cared about him, and you two are great friends. It seems as if you shared a bond that-"

"Not anymore." said Applejack before she walked towards the forest.

As Twilight processed what she just said, there was one thought that wouldn't leave her mind…….What are we going to do now?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had no control over my body, all I could do was watch as I said those words to Twilight. This wasn't me, I wanted to apologize, but no matter how hard I tried, my body didn't want to cooperate. I felt so tired from trying to gain control of my body, and for once it listen to me and took a seat by my bed, well actually Spike's and mine. I slowly relaxed my muscles and cleared by mind as I closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes again but this time I wasn't sleeping on the floor I was chained up on a cave or was it a cell…... it's hard to tell in the dark. Oh Celestia, my body hurts a lot, what happened?

"Did you get a good rest." boomed a voice from the darkness.

That voice it's so......familiar. "Why am I here, where is everypony else."

The voice chuckled. "If I remember well you said that you didn't need them and that you could handle this situation on your own."

"I would never say something like that to my friends, specially to.....him."

"But you did, and you hurt them all, especially Spike." the voice paused."Actually, you said that you wished you had never met him, and that you felt sorry for the mare that was going to be stuck with him."

"No, no, no that ain't true, I wouldn't dare hurt him, not him." her eyes started to water and her emotions seemed like an endless maze that went on forever.

"You left him so heartbroken, so sad that when I captured all of your friends, he was the only one who didn't fight back."

"Why can't I remember any of this!" asked Applejack.

"Let's just say I helped you heal sooner."

Those words, the transformation, pain, Spike, hurt, love. Everything came back and this time, the pain was there and much stronger. She was the only one responsible in this mess, her friends were trapped, and she was going to find them at any cost. "WHERE ARE THEY, WHAT DID YOU DO TO THEM!!" roared Applejack, her eyes flashing red.

"Don't worry……... you'll know, very soon."

"For the love of.....GIVE ME A STRAIGHT ANSWER, NOW!!"

"Alright, what do you want to know."

"Let's start by showing me your face." said Applejack with disgust.

The figure slowly walked towards Applejack and once it was in front of her, it removed the cloak."I take it we haven't formally met, I'm Chrysalis, Queen of the changelings." Chrysalis spoked with pride as she observed her prisoner.

"When I get my hooves on you-"

"But you won't, hope I didn't squash your dreams." Chrysalis took a few steps forward. "On the bright side, you have your old memory back."

"Where's my family?"

"Locked up, just like everypony else." responded Chrysalis bored.

"No, but if you try anything they will be."chuckled Chrysalis.

"What do you mean by old memory?"

"Remember when Spike saved your life from drowning?"

"Yes."

"Those memories are back."

"Why can't I remember anything after you healed me?"

"You will in about an hour, I'm glad I'm not you right now. Well…... times up!" Chrysalis opened the door and gave Applejack a last look before heading outside."I forgot to tell you, your mate will be coming in a while."and then she shut the door.

A sob escaped her mouth, then tears flooded her vision, and her chest reminded her of her lost love.
This wasn't a horrible nightmare that I could wake up from. I hurt all of my friends and did a stupid mistake. I can't take it anymore, not without Spike. How are we going to safe Ponyville now?
This is all my fault.

Author's Note:

Surprised? Well, don't because this is not wait for the next chapter...