• Published 1st Apr 2014
  • 2,057 Views, 92 Comments

A Destructive Sacrifice - Dirty Bit



Two foreign entities reveal both themselves and a catastrophe that may affect all of Equestria, if not the world...

  • ...
3
 92
 2,057

Capitulo Tres

Capitulo Tres
A Ruler's Plight

Luna often entertained the thought that there was life beyond Equestria, or perhaps their own world entirely. There were parts that were yet to be discovered due northeast of the world, simply deemed as 'The Unknown'. But seeing a pair of injured creatures enter her and her sister's world requiring assistance from a powerful threat was too much to take in. Moreso, now she began to wonder if this Grimmjow character and his unconsious associate could even be trusted. With that, she narrowed her eyes at the battered arrancar.

"Grimmjow, was it? I expect a full summation of your plight before my sister and I would act properly in lending your aid." She stated firmly, to which Grimmow merely scoffed at Luna's demand.

"Who the hell died and made you queen?" He shot back. Luna merely smiled coyly.

"To be fair, my sister and I are princesses, not queens. Furthermore, were you not the one who came to us in the first place?" She jibed. In hindsight, Luna could have acted more mature, but she felt it best to lighten the notably heavy mood if it meant she could focus properly. Grimmjow, for his part, growled as his body trembled in rage.

"Don't you fucking start..." He would make his rage all the more clear, but relented when he remembered that Luna raised a good point, much to his chagrin. Grimmjow sneered at the princess of the night "Long story short, we bailed from our world and somehow ended up in yours by accident. I honestly never thought this world would exist, but a part of me thinks those bastards will find us eventually." Luna perked up

"Wait, by accident, you say? How could the two of you ending up in Equestria be nothing short of chance?" Luna asked incredulously.

"Hell if I know!" Grimmjow snapped "We're here now, and that's all there is to it!"

"Fair enough..." Luna muttered "So, simply put, you wish to keep a low profile here in our world? I won't deny this entire situation came out of left field, but we'll do what we can. However, there are three factors left in all this."

"And they are?" Grimmjow crossed his arms, ignoring his injured form.

"First of all, you must remember that my sister and I are princesses, bound to our respective duties towards both our subjects and our lands. Secondly, there's still the matter of the injuries the both of you sustained and if our medicinal methods would even have any positive effect on you." Grimmjow briefly inspected himself before glancing neutrally at Luna.

"Yeah? And what about the third?" Luna's gaze became more serious after Grimmjow's question.

"What should be most considered at present is if either of you - prone forms or not - can be trusted..." She stated warily.

Silence and tension loomed in the air as both Luna and Grimmjow stared each other down. The latter bared his teeth after he felt too much time was wasted.

"Normally, I wouldn't give a rat's ass about whether or not any of you trust me, but as it stands, my hands are tied. I never really anticipated landing in a world of freaking horses-"

"Ponies." Luna corrected firmly.

"Whatever!!" Grimmjow snarled "The point is, we got nowhere else to go, especially at this point..." The arrancar gritted his teeth as he stood his ground 'And I sure as hell am not gonna crawl back to those assholes for help...'

"Regardless of your brief explanation, it doesn't nothing to assuage your position and whether or not my sister and I should trust you!" Luna shot back with a glare. They stared each other down before a female murmur was heard. Perking up, Luna and Grimmjow looked down to see the other arrancar stirring from unconsciousness.

With a tired moan, she opened to reveal her aqua eyes as her blurred vision gradually faded, adjusting to her new surroundings. Currently in her sight was a blue pony in onyx regalia that stood in front of her, inside a rather ornate room. Despite the baffling appearance, the arrancar was in too much pain to display it properly.

"Where...am I?" She uttered groggily. Every part of her body ached, most notably her head. The arrancar was unable to gently rest one of her hands on her temple to at least attempt to ease the pain she was feeling.

"Ah, you're awake." Luna stated, satisfied that she had someone else to talk to besides Grimmjow. She carefully approached the wounded arrancar and looked down at her with a calculating, albeit concerned glance "How you and Grimmjow are capable of sustaining such damage and surviving is a commendable feat in itself." The arrancar widened her eyes.

"Gri-...Grimmjow?" She whispered as she attempted to look around. To her right, she found the arrancar in question standing beside her and looking down at her with an indifferent glance, though she noticed the damage he had sustained as well "But how? I don't understand..." Grimmjow's expression did not change.

"Don't overthink it. You're safe now, and that should be enough for you." While the phrase would sound warm coming from anyone, Grimmjow's words were laced with the same cold tone she was familiar with back when the both of them were espadas. Despite this, the wounded female focused her attention back on the pony in front of her.

"I don't know who you are, but you have my sincerest gratitude for taking us in." She grunted as a sharp pain briefly coursed through her body "We just need some time to convalesce before we'll be on our way."

"As much as I would desire to treat you both, I'm not certain it would be an easy feat, not only due to your respective natures as anomalies to our world, but because your associate is not helping your case as trusthworthy creatures." Luna explained firmly. Grimmjow barely restrained an irritated growl.

"Screw you!" He snarled "I already told you my hands are tied! If I weren't in so much pain, I'd kick the crap out of you right now!" Luna glowered at the rude hollow and almost felt obligated to put him in his place.

"Please, wait..." Luna looked back down at the female arrancar "I ask as ruler of Hueco Mundo to please excuse any and all ramblings of Grimmjow. His is but a fierce and arrogant nature."

"I don't recall letting you speak for me, bitch!" Grimmjow said, his temper rising.

"I see." Luna said, oddly at ease upon the wounded female's words "You say that you are the ruler of the world that you two hail from? Pray tell, from one ruler to another, what is your name? I am Princess Luna of the night." The arrancar closed her eyes.

"I am Tia Harribel. And let it be said that I would be grateful if you would tolerate our presence further. I can tell you in confidence that you can trust us to be on our best behavior." She managed to say professionally, despite her prone form. Luna herself was impressed at this.

"Well-said. Although, we cannot risk sending you two to the royal infirmary, on account of you both being invisible to other ponies." Luna informed with a curt bow.

"I see...Perhaps you could help us, then?" Harribel asked, to which Luna donned a warm smile.

"Though this day has taken such a drastic turn upon your arrival, I see of no other reason to help someone in need." Luna said as her horn began to glow, catching the eyes of Harribel and Grimmjow.

To be continued...

Author's Note:

It really is refreshing to post shorter chapters at times, even if my mind's been here or there a majority of the time. War Criminals is hell to update for some reason :fluttershyouch:

That, and I need to remember to finish up Los Lobos since there's not much chapters left of that either.

Anyways, enjoy the chapter. Peace! :twilightsmile: