• Published 1st Apr 2014
  • 2,059 Views, 92 Comments

A Destructive Sacrifice - Dirty Bit



Two foreign entities reveal both themselves and a catastrophe that may affect all of Equestria, if not the world...

  • ...
3
 92
 2,059

Capitulo Dos

Capitulo Dos
A Hollow Greeting

Celestia and Luna continued to gawk at the mysterious sight that was exclusive only to them, leaving their many subjects bewildered beyond belief. Meanwhile, the conscious figure continued catching his breath as he looked back at the two princesses, only for his open eye to narrow.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Are you gonna help us or watch us die?" He snapped, despite his current condition. Both sisters were surprised at the sudden shift of behavior, but Celestia decided to handle the situation the best way possible. With a deep breath, she turned to the frightened ponies of Canterlot.

"My little ponies. While this sudden happening may appear ominous, even to my sister and myself, we now see that what we're dealing with can be handled with ease. There is no further need to panic." Celestia said regally, successfully lessening the anxiety shown by her subjects. Luna eyed the mysterious creature carefully, trying to figure out why it remained tangible only to Celestia and herself.

"Don't worry. We'll help you." Luna whispered as her horn began to glow. The battered creature and its unconscious companion were then wrapped in a magical aura and slowly lifted into the air. His irritation was replaced with surprise as he looked down.

"What the hell?" He uttered as the two were carried into the air. Meanwhile, the panicked civilians were staring at the aura surrounding the supposedly invisible mass, intricate shapes and all. Luna feared that if they were to walk away with their impromptu guests, they would rouse further suspicion. Closing her eyes, she charged her magic and caused the two creatures to wink out of existence.

"Fear not, dear subjects. My sister and I shall look into this sudden matter accordingly. In the meantime, please know that you are all out of harm's way now." Luna chimed with a forehoof laid on her chestplate. The many civilians, though still shaken about what had transpired, slowly eased up before going back to their usual tasks, albeit slightly tense; the guards resumed their own duties with more alertness. Celestia and Luna, feeling that they have accomplished their goal in subjugating their new guests and calming the ponies involved with their arrival, decidedly returned to the castle by themselves.

"Which room did you send them to?" Celestia whispered without looking at Luna.

"It was heat of the moment, but I've relocated them to my room. I would have chose the infirmary, but we couldn't afford a secondary shock from inside the walls." Luna whispered back with a calm, but fixed expression.

"Yours was possibly the most wise decision. We shall extract information from them in secret before deciding on treating their injuries." Celestia replied as the two reached the castle's gates and navigated through the castle upon entry. They were approached by a group of confused ponies that they recognized as those that were promised a hearing from the princesses.

"Excuse us, your highnesses." One of them, a construction pony spoke up with a curt bow "We heard about what was going on in the city. Is alright if you told us what happened?" Normally, Celestia and Luna would expect more irate remarks aimed towards them upon cancellation of their scheduled hearings, but they counted their blessings that the group in front of them appeared more patient about their decision.

"An unknown disturbance has plagued our city, and my sister and I seek to get to the bottom of it." Celestia responded evenly "For those of you that still seek a hearing, please know that your respective requests will not go unheard." A hoof on her side made Celestia look over to Luna, who flashed a knowing and confident smile. She would have returned said smile, had it not been for what she was planning. Surpressing a sigh of defeat, she looked back at the group.

"To not only assuage our current situation, but to make up for this interruption, the hearing shall go along as scheduled with myself hearing out all of you whilst my sister shall gain a headstart in our personal investigation." Luna gave a small nod to the gathered subjects, who voiced their approval of Celestia's presented compromise.

"I owe you one, sister." Luna mouthed, to which Celestia merely snuck a small firm glance that read 'You sure do' before guiding the subjects back to the throne room.

Luna was then alone in her path towards her bedroom, where she had hoped the blood of her new guests hadn't stained her carpet too much. She had shuddered upon recalling her first encounter with them, despite it being recent. Upon reaching the door to her chambers, Luna hesitated, thinking about how to best approach her new guests before taking a deep breath and slowly opening the door with her magic.

There, she witnessed the two of them next to her crescent moon-themed bed, slumped together in a sloppy sitting position. The blonde creature was still unconscious, but Luna had gotten a better look at their facial features and deduced that they were a female. Meanwhile, the blue-haired creature was seen with a baleful glare in his open eye.

"The hell was that about? Where are we now?" He growled in a mixture of irritation and pain. Luna paused, not amused by the sudden shift in behavior, but chose to continue for the sake of enlightening the mysterious creature before her.

"You're in my room, in mine and my sister's castle." She responded professionally before she laid a calculating eye on the battered guest "Forgive me for questioning you in your current condition, but who or what are you?" The creature briefly sneered before scoffing to himself.

"Grimmjow. Grimmjow Jeagerjacques." He replied with blatant annoyance in his voice "So, you brought us here. Now what?" Luna looked over at the unconscious creature.

"But wait." She pointed a hoof "Who is the one next to you. Surely, they must be important as well." Grimmjow looked over at the prone form next to him.

"She's the reason I came to this place, wherever this is." He sniffed before he tried moving his body, grunting as he did so. Luna instantly tensed herself.

"Wait! You mustn't move with so many injuries!" Luna called out, to which Grimmjow growled.

"Stop whining! I'm just testing my mobility is all. I'll live." He said as he slowly stood up on his two legs, revealing his many wounds and more of his tattered garb.

Upon further analysis of Grimmjow's form, Luna was quick to assume that he might just be what her friend Twilight Sparkle refers to as a human, according to her research and notes. She began to wonder if he came from the crystal mirror that was kept in the Crystal Empire. The princess of the night watched Grimmjow rest his digited claws in the pockets of his lower clothes. She was hesitant in her mental claims when she got a better look at the gaping hole seen on his stomach, suppressing a wince at the sight of it.

"So you can stand." Luna pointed out "But you and your friend down there-"

"We're not friends." Grimmjow snapped in interruption, leering at Luna, who met his gaze before clearing her throat.

"You and the unnamed female below you need proper medical attention. I don't know what we can do for two humans, but we-"

"Now you're just pissing me off." Grimmjow bared his teeth in agitation "It's one thing to think the two of us are friends, but we're certainly not fucking humans." Luna cocked her head to the side in confusion.

"Then what, pray tell, are you supposed to be? You certainly resemble them in structure." Grimmjow brought his head up, looking down at Luna as he brought out one of his arms from his pockets to point a thumb at his chest.

"I'm a hollow; an arrancar. I'm leagues above some stupid human!" Luna, feeling that there was much left to be answered, decided to prod further.

"So you're both hollows. Is there a reason why you appear invisible to ponies other than myself and my sister?" Luna inquired. She snuck a glance at the unconscious female next to Grimmjow and wondered if it was even wise to continue with her line of questioning.

"We're technically spirits, so obviously those ponies out there didn't notice us coming into this world. It's not exactly rocket science." Grimmjow answered rudely. Luna narrowed her eyes at the blue-haired arrancar.

"That just leaves one more important question: Why did you come into this world specifically?" Luna asked with curiosity thick in her tone. Grimmjow met the princess' glare before looking away with gritted teeth.

"So our wounds didn't give it away, huh?" Luna paused before Grimmjow's question began to sink in. There was only one reason that two foreign beings would pop into their world unannounced in such a state of injury:

They were being followed, and their pursuers will undoubtedly find them in Equestria in due time.

To be continued...

Author's Note:

As you can tell from this update, I plan on taking a page from Tatsurou's book and making each installment compact, but with enough tasteful contents for my viewers. I hope you all don't mind, since I've got so much to do as it is. :twilightblush:

I simultaneously hope you all will enjoy this story and that I would make it to your liking. I owe you all for already meeting my mark of +75 upvotes on this story.

Enjoy the chapter. Peace :twilightsmile: