• Published 31st Mar 2014
  • 660 Views, 9 Comments

Manehattan Rose - MLPxMaestro



Three years after a major magic leak causes a hole between demensions, the curiosity of ponies began taking form, as they then begin to coincide with our civilization and cultures before long.

  • ...
2
 9
 660

Chapter Seven- Seasons Greetings

Manehattan Rose:

Chapter 7- Seasons Greetings:

Christmas eve had arrived within the world, and Hearth’s Warming Eve for the ponies, as they knew it. Roseluck’s flower shop had been closed up for weeks now due to winter rolling in, as it seemed like me and her meeting for the first time had went by in the blink of an eye. We met during summer, and now it had reached the holidays so fast it seemed! Rose and me had been best friends ever since we met that day early one morning, and I’ve never had a friend quite like her, nor as sweet and kind as she was.

We spent Halloween together, going to a party that happened at someone’s house just outside of town, quite a posh neighborhood too where it was. Next, during Thanksgiving, Rose didn’t want to eat the turkey that day, and simply dug into the macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, and green beans that day when we both decided we would have it at my apartment. Her sisters were there, and they kept bothering her about me and other things. Lily and Daisy were really something I tell you, they were funny, while still knowing when to keep their jokes and teasing down to a suitable level when needed. Overall, Rose should have been thankful, for one that she was alive to begin with, never take life for granted…ever. At least she was thankful for having such cool and caring sisters, which all three of them together would call themselves the Flower Ponies when together like that.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - * * * - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


It was now Christmas Eve, and you would think all the way up here it would have been a good amount of snow. Well fortunately, we got slammed…sort of anyways. Unfortunately it did snow that night, when Roseluck was still over at my apartment. Her sisters still teased her about hanging out with me, and all of that jazz, like most sisters would do to the one who got more attention than they did.

So it now takes place at my apartment, up on the highest floor, despite my slight fear of heights. The snow was starting to come down even harder now, and only one thing had managed to ruin my day just then…the heat had quit working in my place. So now I had to use my little oscillating heater within the living room to heat it up now, as I sat there on the couch covered up in my blanket from the bed. Roseluck obviously was perfectly fine, as her fur could keep her warm flawlessly.

“This sucks…I want to just get warmed up in my bed now,” I said to her, as we kept watching TV together on the couch.

“Sorry to hear that, but to me I don’t feel a thing right now,” she replied with a smile.

“Because you have the magic of fur on your side that’s why,” I added. I still looked like a fat mummy with that huge bed cover wrapped around me, and I absolutely hated the cold. I am a warm weathered person, and that normal to me was between eighty and eighty-five degrees. I sometimes wondered what this current weather would be like in her world just then? Would it be more forgiving, or would it be even colder than this? I figured it would have had to be more forgiving, since I mean it was the magical land of Equestria for peeks sake. Come to think of it, they’re all ponies, so I suppose they just make it look so easy despite their tolerance to cold. Most of the time normally, you would see a scarf around their necks, but that was pretty much it.

After another few hours, it was getting late, as I noticed the clock had nearly reached midnight that night. I went on letting Roseluck know she was free to leave whenever, which she enjoyed hearing me say that, since she liked having me as her only human friend. I assumed she had left my apartment by now, since I told her she could leave whenever, which I though would have happened at least by the time I got out of the shower…that was not the case. I dried everything, and myself off after putting on a pair of boxers to sleep in, and a thin white sleep shirt. I made my way into the bedroom then stopping myself in my tracks.

I noticed Rose was lying down in my bed, her back facing towards me. A board creaked under my feet, making one of her ears twitch attentively on her ear in actually quite a cute fashion. She then raised her head up and looked back at me with a smile.

“Can I stay here for the night Matthew?”

“No Rose, you need to go home,” I replied.

“Besides, it’s not like you’re going to freeze to death out there when you make your way back,” I added once more.

“I know, but it’s just far away for me,” she pouted.

“It’s only like a mile away, how hard is that?”

“Oh it’s challenging let me tell you!”

“Rose…” I trailed off, not wanting to hurt her feelings of telling her she needed to go back home. So I figured maybe it wouldn’t hurt to have her sleep over for just this one night.

“Okay fine…you can spend the night here,” I exhaled.

“Oh thank you so much, I knew you’d let me! I promise I’ll be good,” She smiled once more with a squee expression on her face.

That smile she did almost never failed to me, as I found it irresistible except on only two or three other accounts. No doubt pony smiles seemed to reign supreme when it comes to putting a smile on someone else’s face, and making their day just a little better, even when things are looking to be in a pickle at times.

I got myself into my bed; I brought the thick bed cover over me. Rose decided to then commence snuggling up to me from behind, as she brought a foreleg over my body, partially wrapping herself around me. I heard her giggle a little bit, as I felt the fur from her face tickle my shoulder a bit, nuzzling up against it. Her mane brushing up against my bare skin made me just want to turn around and give her nothing but hugs all day if I could.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - * * * - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


I figured I would bring her over to me closer, as I let one half of her body lay up against mine, bringing around one of my arms to bring her in close to my torso. Rose’s hoof lying over the top of my chest made it feel awkward, but she wasn’t wrong minded like that, and neither was I.

“Um…Matthew?”

“Yeah, what is it?”

“If this is making you feel weird, I perfectly understand. Because I might feel the same way as you do,” said Roseluck.

I then looked over to her, my eyes now fixed with hers perfectly. Those delicate gorgeous green eyes that I could find calmness and peace within.

“Well I certainly know that you are a bright mare Rose, and actually to be honest, I do feel kind of awkward at the moment. However, it actually feels kind of nice, since you have a soft and innocent nature to begin with,” I replied.

“Thank goodness I wasn’t the only one feeling that way,” she answered back to me, giggling a bit. She then got a bit closer to the side of my face, and leaned over a pinch to place a light kiss on my cheek.

“You’re an awesome friend, and I appreciate you standing up for me and stuff,” Rose added.

I ended up freezing from the feeling of actually getting kissed by a pony? Not in an immature or uncouth way, but just out of being sweet natured from her. Roseluck seemed to just have love and appreciation radiate out from her. She looked back at me blinking once and smiled a bit, assuming I didn’t feel normal at all when that happened.

“I’m sorry Matthew…but you’re just a sweet guy and stuff. You are honestly one of the best friends I’ve ever had, and probably the best human friend I’ll ever have,” said Rose, as she then laid her head down across my chest looking up at me from the side of her face.

“Y-yeah…I didn’t honestly think that would ever happen from you,” I replied, still not bothering to look over at her.

“It’s okay, I know what you mean. Getting kissed by a pony, even as simple or petty as that was is certainly no everyday thing I’d say is it?”

“It isn’t…except the ones out there who are in those human and pony relationships I’ve seen around here every now and then,” I said.

“Right…I can’t see myself with a human to be honest. Though the thought about something like that has crossed my mind many times however?”

When I heard her say that, I hoped that what I thought when we first met, and how she acted in and around me wasn’t true after all. One thing I knew about human and pony relationships, was that for one, it was impossible to start a family of their own if they…you know. Because since they were two separate species, the reproductive compatibilities would not coincided with one another, thus they could have no children together. Having intercourse with a pony would make someone known as a pansexual, or having a sexual attraction to ponies. I never had that desire, and never shall; yet I never seemed to muster the courage to tell Roseluck.

Question was about her I had, was that did she have any kind of attraction to humans at all? Or was it just out of simply being good friends? I absolutely loved having a pony as my best friend; it was just about the best thing that could ever happen to a guy like me.

“Matthew?”

“Yeah?” I look back over.

“Um…can I ask you something?” Roseluck asked me, sounding quieter than before.

“U-uh yeah sure,” I replied sounding straightforward to her. But really my mind was now curious as to what she could possibly be asking me at such a late hour now?

“Well uh…how would you…like to visit Equestria? I mean I’ve been living in your world for a long time now, and I was going to see how neat it would be for you to live in my world for a while why not?

My eyes then shot wide open to her, not believing what I was hearing? Despite many human attempts to go into Equestria, Princess Celestia wouldn’t allow a huge number of human inhabitants into their world. Across the entire land of Equestria, the princess would conduct an annual assimilation to those who wished to stay in Equestria for good. Meaning this, it meant that the humans who had lived in the world for a period of over a year exactly, they would have the chance to whether or not go back to their world, or undergo a dramatic transformation into the form of a pony.

The decision or choice was a lot tougher than most portrayed it out to be for humans. Most humans figured being a pony would be the coolest thing to ever live as. For starters, if they chose to be a pony, they would have to learn whatever attributes and additions to being a pony would be…right from scratch. Trying to fly and use magic would be the hardest things you could do, and the simplest would be learning to walk on all fours, though it was still not easy for humans walking on two legs their entire lives.

“Um, hello?” Roseluck waved her hoof that lay across my chest, in front of my face.

“Oh- er…yes?” I snapped back into reality after thinking about such an interesting and inconceivable moment it would be to actually become an actual living pony.

“Sooo what do you think of that idea? Pretty neat don’t you think? I think so, because then I can know what it would be like to-…never mind,” Roseluck smiled awkwardly, as she then looked off and away from me.

As the night continued onward, the clock had finally reached a minute passed midnight, and Roseluck was just barely awake before I was about to fall asleep myself.

“Merry Christmas Rose,” I trailed off with softness in my voice, and my eyes feeling very heavy and content.

“Same to you too,” she softly nuzzled the side of her face across my chest with her eye still closed. The side of her face tickled me a little bit once again before I eventually fell asleep mere minutes later cuddled up to her.