• Published 31st Mar 2014
  • 658 Views, 9 Comments

Manehattan Rose - MLPxMaestro



Three years after a major magic leak causes a hole between demensions, the curiosity of ponies began taking form, as they then begin to coincide with our civilization and cultures before long.

  • ...
2
 9
 658

Chapter One- Punnett Squares

Manehattan Rose:

Chapter 1- Punnett Squares:


A few years had passed since that incomprehensible day in history had taken place. My world, along with the world of ponies, known as Equestria, had managed to collide by some freak accident that had occurred within the space-time continuum. Immense amounts of magic leaked coming from their world, linking with the unknown, and insubstantial portals leading to other worlds. They had managed to seal up most of the portals…except one. The portal that seemed to catch their interest was an awfully strange one indeed.

It contained odd yet curious beings known as humans, and Princess Celestia and her sister, Princess Luna, were greatly intrigued by this knew discovery. Some citizens all over Equestria it seemed had flocked over to the location to see the monumental and unintentional discovery nonetheless. She then decided to carry out a little test for her children of the land, metaphorically speaking. So soon after, some ponies then journeyed into this unknown world, honestly scared at first to be entering into such a strange new world.

However, this turned out to be not as frightening to the ponies as it seemed to their surprise. Eventually, both worlds after a long while even managed to get along incredibly well together, and soon after, even cultures began colliding as well. Our workplaces, religion, science, medicine, everything seemed to be greatly increased and changed in a very positive note, thanks to the minds of these incredible pastel colored equines. The only difference they had from us human beings was having a pony body.

Other than that, they were just like us intellectually, religiously, and within other fields as well.

After this occurred for a while however, Princess Celestia even decided that she would meet the leader of our country…the president in other words. After having a private conference and discussion with each other, they both decided that from then on out, they would share knowledge and resources between the two of their races. Technology was then shared between them, and the portal between their worlds could eventually be officially open, and kept open by the help of a Draconequus known as Discord. However he was told by Princess Celestia, along with the other princesses, that he could not enter the new world under any circumstances whatsoever.

So ever since then, earth had been in harmony with the adorable ponies, and their world. Their expertise in many things natural and organic helped immensely as well. The only things they still did not particularly care to use still were airplanes, helicopters, and firearms. They still preferred to keep to their old ways in successful air technology. Oh but they still rode within airplanes and so forth, but you would never catch a pony trying to learn flying an aircraft of some kind. They just didn’t seem to care since they had Pegasus power to help them out with that stuff.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - * * * - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Two days ago, and ever since then, I had taken care of my apartment paperwork, along with having to move in my furniture and everything else, I was completely bushed for the rest of that night. I had managed to fall asleep onto the couch a little after midnight, with some of my boxes still unloaded after moving into the massive apartment complex that seemed to tower over one of the main streets of the vast city now known as Manehattan, which used to be Manhattan years before, as the Equestrian term just seemed to stick for many inhabitants. I had managed to transfer to another school within the city from where I originally attended, and had found out about a little over a third of the college’s students were pony. Even to more of my surprise, I had also discovered that a firm number of the college’s professors were ponies as well.

A well-known one, Professor Neigh, was an outstanding science teacher I had heard, though I still did not know what I wanted to do with my future just yet. One thing I did know I needed to do was to get a job, and a good one that could last me. It didn’t matter what job I just needed a job. Though due to Equestrian currency coming into play for certain things, I knew that keeping an apartment would be a lot cheaper now. Their were even banks now that could convert bits into cash, or cash into bit currency.

One bit was about one and a half cents roughly to ponies. Bits mostly went towards payments on buildings, since it was pieces of pure gold to human, as to us it was much easier to use than paying cash or check for keeping up apartment payments like me. It was more precious to humans, and was treasured among us. Cash was now mainly meant for daily or more common expenses, such as gas and groceries.

For bills on buildings or car payments, bits were used since humans considered them much more precious than cash. Though it was almost just as easy to earn bits, as it was for cash now in society, as the same went for ponies. They could still earn their wages just as easy and understandable as we humans did, and that’s simply was made life awesome now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - * * * - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Into the early hours just before eight o’ clock now, it was my time to shine. The college’s doors greeted me before I entered into this new and fresh academic world. I decided to make a good first impression on the school and dress nicely for a change. I wore a nice pair of blue jeans, with black work shoes that appeared as nice casual ones, a plum colored dress shirt, and a navy, almost black looking blazer. I felt freshened up with the feel of my new hair gel I had lightly applied to my hair as I combed it all back, still letting some light signs of fringe hang down over my forehead on the sides and front.

“Okay, room one-seventeen,” I thought to myself before taking in a breath thereafter, as I then opened the door revealing students already at their desks within the classroom. It was luckily not as big as I predicted it out to be.

It was my first class, a biology class, and the teacher appeared from the looks of it upon the blackboard, to have just begun a lesson regarding genetics and the punett squares I so fondly ‘enjoyed’. The teacher was a unicorn to my surprise, a stallion by the name of Dr. Maverick.

“Ah, you must be the new one I presume, yes?” he asked of me, as he approached me.

“Yes sir,” I replied.

“Wonderful!”

He then turned facing the entire class, gesturing a hoof over to me standing closely to the doorway.

“Ladies and gentleman, fillies and gentlecolts, we have a new student in our midst as you can see,” he said. “He made great scores on all his entry exams, perhaps some of you might learn from his examples…that’s your queue my boy,” He added, as I then took a couple of steps forward to the class feeling pretty nervous just then.

“Example this!” a wad of paper then came out of nowhere and tapped me on my head.

“Enough of that! Some of you are an embarrassment to the learning process!” Dr. Blackhoof then looked up towards me standing next to him.

“Well son go ahead, you may sit wherever you’d like.” He then gestured out to the classroom, as he made his way back beside the blackboard and waited patiently on me to find a seat before he resumed on his lesson.

“Psst, over here!” a voice was heard towards the back of the room, with the sight of what appeared to be a cream colored hoof waving in the air over at me.

“Uh…okay, yeah thanks,” I spoke up a bit.

I made it to an empty desk next to an earth pony with a rose as her cutie mark as I took my seat next to her desk. Her coat was a cream color, with a velvety red mane, and a light red streak running on one side of her mane, with another single one running along the middle of her tail. Her large light green eyes seemed to coincide perfectly with her color and her smile to say the least.

“I’m Roseluck, nice to meet you!” she said with full on positivity in her face as she smiled.

“Matthew…is what my name is, sorry,” I replied in a slightly shaky tone. I had not met many ponies, even since those three years had passed for what seemed to me like yesterday.

“It’s fine, no worries,” she giggled a bit.

The teacher carried on, and lectured the class to death with his boring, but yet amazing lessons and skills he applied to the populous within the classroom. I found the punnett square thing out of all the rest of the stuff to be the most boring thing he lectured on. When I decided to look over at Roseluck however, she seemed quite intrigued by his teachings.

“Do you have any idea what he’s talking about up there?” I whispered to her.

“Hm? Oh yes actually, because I run my own little flower shop just a few blocks away from here,” she whispers back to me.

This sparked my curiosity, as I knew I needed to get a job as quickly as I could. With her saying she ran the flower shop, it implied to me as if she was the manager, which meant I could earn bits in a much easier fashion than working for a human manager. This had to be my chance to then ask if she needed any workers for her little floral place.

“Wait, you’re saying you are the manager?”

“Yep.”

“Hmm…do you need any workers by chance? I really need a job to keep up with expenses. You see, I just moved here and I-” I was then interrupted by her suddenly having to shush me in a light manner, as she seemed focused on her studies at the moment while scribbling down notes.

“How about we talk about this stuff over lunch in the cafeteria okay?” she insisted, knowing lunchtime would be a hundred times easier than a quiet classroom enduring lectures and taking notes.

“Uh yeah, sounds good…my bad,” I whispered back, only to be shushed once again.

“Shh.”

“Sorry…”