• Published 31st Mar 2014
  • 847 Views, 7 Comments

A World of My Own Creation - Dawn-Designs-Art



Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich have outdone themselves, this is the greatest party ever, and this night is perfect! But sometimes, life is not as it seems...

  • ...
0
 7
 847

The Only Lonely Chapter

The town of Ponyville was a very interesting place to live. Being at the edge of the Everfree Forest meant that you were occasionally going to get dangerous creatures coming into town that other towns wouldn’t get, like the cockatrice incident 14 years ago, or when that cragadile had decided to live in the river that ran through town, or that other time only 2 years ago when the three timberwolf pups had wandered into town looking to cause mischief. We’d had to lure them back into the forest with sticky honey cakes and bouncy balls, and even then they came back, until their mummy called then home, probably for their dinner.

But another reason that Ponyville was an interesting place to live was that six of Equestria’s greatest heroes lived there. These six ponies were living embodiments of the Elements of Harmony who banished the spirit of Nightmare Moon from Princess Luna, who turned Discord back to stone after he’d broken free, who aided in saving the Crystal Empire from King Sombra, who reformed Discord and made him our friend, and who saved Equestria from the evil spikey vine plants of doom, which were caused by Discord way way way before we reformed him. These six mares, who had done so much in only 10 short years were Princess Twilight Sparkle, who bore the Element of Magic, Fluttershy, who bore the Element of Kindness, Applejack, who bore the Element of Honesty, Rarity, who bore the Element of Generosity, Rainbow Dash, who bore the Element of Loyalty, and myself, Pinkie Pie, who bore the Element of Laughter, which suited me so well.

I now stood in the centre of town overseeing the preparations for what was probably the biggest party the town had ever seen. Beside me stood Cheese Sandwich, who had arrived yesterday after his Cheesy Sense had given him an ultra-rare Double Doozey, but then, this was going to be an ultra-special party. Not only was it the anniversary of the founding of Ponyville, the national holiday for Princess Luna’s birthday AND the Apple family’s latest reunion, but it was also a farewell party for Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Twilight.

Rainbow Dash was finally a Wonderbolt and would be leaving tomorrow afternoon to join them, Rarity was opening a store in Manehattan and would be staying there for at least a few months to make sure it ran smoothly, and Twilight was going on a diplomatic mission to Saddle Arabia and to the Griffon and Zebra lands to strengthen the bonds between our countries, and who knew how long that could take? Especially if she was to find a library in her travels. It was sad that they had to leave, but I’d still have Applejack and Fluttershy to hang out with, plus all my other friends in Ponyville, and there were a lot more of those than there had been 12 years ago.

“So do you think that will be enough balloons?” I asked Cheese.

He tipped up his hard hat and looked at me with a smile, “I’d say so. You finished all the cakes?”

“You betcha, the 3 farewell cakes, the town anniversary cake, the Apple family’s reunion cake and Luna’s birthday cake,” I replied with a grin. “I’m so glad Luna chose Ponyville for the site of her birthday party.”

“Yeah, I never thought I’d help to plan a party for one of the princesses! With all these parties in one, it’s gonna be the party of the century! Wait, no, party of the millennium!” Cheese Sandwich grinned from ear to ear. He looked so happy, I couldn’t help but sweep him up into a hug.

“Of course it is!” I agreed with an equally massive grin. “Now let’s go do a final check and make sure everything’s perfect for tonight!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun was slowly sinking below the horizon and the party was just starting. Everypony in town was there, and a lot of ponies from out of town too. The Apples had just arrived after having just finished their day of family celebrations at Sweet Apple Acres. I was glad that they’d all agreed to come. The fillies and colts were lining up for the epic rollercoaster that Cheese had set up, while the elderly crowd were settling down in Rocking Chair Corner to chat and enjoy the music, which for the first hour would be provided by Octavia and her band, after which Vinyl Scratch would be taking over.

The party was absolutely perfect, there was something for everypony to do, young or old. Dancing, party games, food, music, presents, cake, punch, hippo rides, a rollercoaster, Ferris wheel and a pool. Even Trixie had turned up to put on a big fireworks show, this party had it all and more! But best of all, at Midnight, when all the ponies would be getting tired and ready to go home to bed, instead of leaving, everypony would head out to the big fields next to town where there were heaps of sleeping bags, pillows and blankets. Tonight, everypony would sleep under the stars together and watch the meteor shower which was going to start at midnight. I grinned and shook with excitement, it was going to be the biggest slumber party ever!

“Wow Pinkie Pie, you and Cheese have really outdone yourselves!” exclaimed Rainbow Dash. “It’s even better than the birthday party you guys threw me a few years back.”

“Yeah, I’m so glad he came back to Ponyville, I couldn’t have done all this by myself.” I paused for a moment, sighing. “I wish you and Twilight and Rarity didn’t have to go, I’m really gonna miss you guys but I know this is what you’ve wanted forever so I’m really really happy for you.”

Rainbow swept me up into a hug. “Thanks Pinkie. I’ll really miss you two, but I’ll send you tickets to see me and the Wonderbolts whenever you want, and I’ll come see you and the others whenever I can, and I know Rarity will see you whenever she can too. Twi said she’d be gone a month, 2 at most, so she’ll be back before you know it.”

I grinned and wrapped my hooves around my friend. “Yeah, I know. I’ll send you all care packages!” I was already planning what I’d send them all in my head.

Suddenly, black clouds swirled into being and lightning streaked across the sky, signalling the arrival of the birthday girl, Princess Luna. Despite having spent 10 years learning modern customs and stuff, the theatrical black clouds and lightning was one thing she refused to give up. Dash and I trotted quickly to where Luna’s carriage landed, a crowd of ponies already there to greet Equestria’s princess of the night.

Luna leapt down from the carriage and smiled at the surrounding ponies. “Greetings Ponyvillians! I am honoured that you would all come to help celebrate my birthday, as well as the other celebrations which are taking place this evening.” Luna used a slightly less loud version of the Royal Canterlot Voice to address the crowd so that they could all hear her. The crowd cheered and stomped their hooves, shouting happy birthday to the dark alicorn before wandering off to enjoy the festivities.

Spotting me, Luna trotted over, smiling widely. “Greetings Pinkie Pie.”

“Hiya Princess Luna! I’m glad you could make it,” I said, hugging her.

The princess was surprised at first, but then chuckled and returned the hug, having grown used to my antics over the years. “Well, it surely wouldn’t do for me to miss my own birthday party, or the chance to celebrate the founding of this fine town, or to congratulate Rarity on her new store and wish Twilight Sparkle luck on her trip.” Luna glanced across at Rainbow Dash and smiled at her. “Hello Rainbow Dash, congratulations on making it into the Wonderbolts, I am certain that you will one of the best.”

“I’m already one of the best, Princess Luna, but thanks, and happy birthday! Just how old are you anyway?” Rainbow asked with a grin.

“A lady never reveals her age, but, I am over 1000 years old.” With that, she trotted off to join the festivities.

Rainbow Dash smirked. “Okay Pinks, I’m gonna go enjoy the party, see ya later!” Dash took flight and flew towards the party games.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the next few hours I wandered around the party, joining in with all kinds of games and activities and making sure everything went smoothly. I ate dinner with my friends and Cheese Sandwich as we watched Trixie’s show. She’d gotten a lot better with her fireworks, and had also made her magic act a lot better. I couldn’t figure out how she managed to saw that pony in half and put them back together again. This was her fifth visit to Ponyville since the Alicorn Amulet incident, and had become pretty good friends with Twilight.

After the show, I stood with Cheese in the crowd that stood watching Luna open her birthday presents. Then, Rainbow, Twilight and Rarity all opened their going away presents. After the opening of the presents was the cutting of the cakes. There were some short speeches made, then Mayor Mare cut the cake for Ponyville’s founding, Granny Smith cut the cake for the Apple Families reunion, Princess Luna cut her birthday cake and Rarity, Dash and Twi cut their farewell cakes.

The party continued until midnight, when the now tired ponies headed to the big field, grapping blankets, pillows and sleeping bags before finding a nice place to lay back and watch the meteor shower. The young fillies and colts and the elderly ponies were soon drifting off to sleep, while the rest sat or lay back as the meteors started to fall. Twilight had brought a few telescopes for ponies to look through. I watched my friends as they sat together. Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Applebloom and Princess Luna were sitting with them, and Luna was pointing out particularly bright meteors. Luna seemed to be very fond of the three fillies.

I was about to walk over to join them when Cheese Sandwich trotted up to me, smiling, but also looking a little nervous. “Hey Pinkie Pie, mind if I, umm, spend the night with you?”

I smiled, sat down and nodded. “Of course you can Cheese, I’d love to spend tonight with you.” He smiled from ear to ear and sat next to me on the blanked I’d spread out on the ground. Together we watched the meteors, laying back, our heads on pillows, and then once the meteor shower had ended we pointed out different constellations to each other.

Soon most of the other ponies were asleep, and Luna sat in a trance-like state as she joined the ponies sleeping in the field in their dreams. She had told me once that her dream-walking skill worked much better when the sleeping ponies were close to her. Feeling sleepy, I curled up with Cheese under another blanket to sleep. Then, just before I drifted off completely, I heard Cheese whisper “goodnight Pinkie Pie,” and then I felt him softly kiss my forehead as he held me closer. Then I was asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It felt like I woke again almost immediately. At first I thought that I was still in the field with Cheese, but I couldn’t feel him next to me, also, I was now covered by a thin coarse sheet, not the thick soft blanket I’d fallen asleep under, and the pillow my head lay on was a lot harder, and I also heard a soft sobbing sound next to me. My body also felt really weird, and there was something weird in my nose which was making me breath.

Slowly, I opened my eyes, the light hurting them as if I hadn’t opened them for ages. The ceiling above me was stark white, and slowly looked around. I was in a hospital room, but not like the ones in Ponyville’s hospital. Why was I here, had I gotten hurt? Then I realised that I could no longer see my muzzle at the bottom of my vision, just a weird little lump between my eyes. Instead of panicking, I pondered what could have happened, had a meteor hit my face in my sleep and the doctors hadn’t been able to save my muzzle? Had it simply jumped off my face and ran away? Was my face now a permanent Nightmare Night costume?

“Pinkamena…” I heard the familiar voice that had been quietly sobbing say. Glancing to my right, I saw familiar grey hair.

“Maud?” Oh wow, it sounded like I hadn’t spoken in years, but then, maybe that’s just how muzzle-less ponies sounded.

The sobbing stopped, a shocked silence. Slowly, Maud raised her head, only, she didn’t look much like my sister, sure the hair and eyes were the same, as was her fashion sense, judging by her dress, but she looked more like a really really thin gorilla. “Pinkie?” Her eyes were bloodshot from sobbing as she stared at me for a full minute as I wondered what exactly had happened to turn my older sister into this, when suddenly she pulled me up into a tight hug, which caused a couple sensors to be pulled off my body and my finger… Wait, I had fingers?

The heart monitor beside my bed flat lined, causing nurses and a doctor to rush into my room. They then stood, shocked to see me awake. They were the same creatures that Maud now was, and one looked a lot like Nurse Redheart. Maud was crying again, only tears of happiness this time. The medical staff quickly recovered and started checking me to make sure I was okay, then after half an hour they deemed me healthy and told Maud that I would be able to leave in the next couple of days.

After they left, I looked at Maud. “What happened?”

“You don’t remember?” When I shook my head, she sighed. “Nearly five years ago, just before your 10th birthday, there was a car crash… I wasn’t there, I was at a school camp. You… You were the only one who survived… Mother, Father, Marble and Limestone… Well… Their dead… You’ve been in a coma ever since…” I could see she was holding back tears so I hugged her comfortingly.

So… My WHOLE life as a pony, had been a coma induced dream? But… How could I have lived 24 years in a dream when I was really only, what, 13, 14 years old? And how did I not remember my life before? What exactly was I? Maud looked like the creature Twilight had drawn after coming back through the mirror, so was I in that alternate universe full of… What had she called them? Hoomuns? Had I really always been a hoomun?

Maud interrupted my train of thought, “I now live with Auntie Keystone, and you’ll live with us too, and we’ll enrol you at Canterlot High with me. School starts in a month, but I’ll be there with you.” She was smiling now, she seemed to show about twice as much emotion as her pony version. Wait… Canterlot High? That’s where Twilight went! So I was definitely in the hoomun world! Maud continued to talked to me, catching me up on everything that had happened since the crash.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three days later I left the hospital, Maud and Auntie Keystone by my sides. The doctor had said that I should continue to rest, but I felt full of energy, and Auntie wanted to take me shopping for clothes, since I was now wearing some of Maud’s clothes and they were two sizes too big. I had the bipedal walking thing mastered, and I was quickly learning everything I needed to know about this world.

So after the shopping trip, I had 3 pairs of shoes, 2 pairs of pyjamas, 8 new outfits, swimmers, some jewellery, a handbag, a phone, a laptop, cool headphones, school books, stationary and soft toy alligator that looked just like Gummy. Now we were getting in the elevator of Auntie Keystone’s apartment building to go up to her apartment. Just before the elevator doors closed, a hand waved through them, causing the doors to open again.

A boy who looked to be my age jumped in, he wore big glasses and a yellow shirt, and his mane, wait, no, his hair, was brown and poofy, styled a lot like Cheese Sandwiches had been. He looked at me and smiled a small smile, but quickly looked away, obviously shy. Could he be this worlds Cheese Sandwich? It already had a Maud, Auntie Keystone and Nurse Readheart, maybe everypony she knew had a pony version!

The lift reached their floor and they got off. Hmm, it seemed the boy was our neighbour. Auntie Keystone’s apartment was nice, 3 small bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a nice balcony and a big kitchen-lounge-dining area. My room was rather bare, just a bed with plain bedding, a bookshelf and a wardrobe. I smiled, I would make this room colourful and full of life, like me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Four weeks passed and today I was going to the Freshman Fair so I could meet my fellow students and join clubs and stuff. I had perfected my handwriting, learned everything I could about this world, and I had made friends with Cheese Sandwich. At first he was shy like Fluttershy, but slowly he was becoming more like the Cheese I had known, and possibly loved, I didn’t really know. Sadly, he was going to a different school, but we would still hang out after school and on weekends.

Now I stood before Canterlot High. I was alone because Maud was working at the local rock museum. She wanted to follow in our parents hoof... wait, no, footsteps, and become a geologist. Following the trickle of student going into the fair, I wandered around, carefully considering every stall, wondering what club or sport to choose. After half an hour, I was no closer to making up my mind when I saw someone who looked familiar.

Her hair was long and a deep, rich purple, and she wore a purple skirt and boots with a white top. There was no mistaking the 3 diamonds on her skirt, this was Rarity. Looking closer into the crowd, I spotted Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy walking together, oh, and there was Applejack! I grinned, feeling elated. I had really missed my friends, and now here they were! Maybe my life here could be just as good as it was in Equestria after all!

The End

Author's Note:

Just an idea that came to me a couple days ago. The continuation of this is the events of the Equestria Girls comic.