• ...
3
 17
 1,464

When Wolves Goes Hunting

As the motorized chariot escaped Avalon, the lavender mare looked out and watched the clouds, wondering what her twin cousin was up to. The orange pegasus had headphones on and was listening to the songs that was coming from her music player. The grey earth filly began to polish her glasses, knowing how dirty they were.

“Can you remind me why we’re going the military base?” the lavender unicorn asked. She thought that those fillies could play around there without regard for their safety.

“Scootaloo got homework to do there,” the lavender stallion replied, “she has all the time she needs because it’s the weekend.”

“What did you say?” she asked as her heart dropped. The unicorn began to fear the worst that can happen. What if Scootaloo gets hurt? Such questions began to torment her mind until an old, but familiar pick-up truck got next to the chariot.

“Mornin, sugarcube,” the driver yelled out, it was Applejack herself, “why are you feelin down?”

“Scootaloo got homework to do at the military base,” the lavender mare answered, “I’m starting to get worried about what it is.”

“That’s alright,” said the farm mare, “I’m pretty sure that she’ll listen.”

The two vehicles suddenly stopped in front of the garage, and then two NLR soldiers checked them out. They began to realize that one of them belonged to the lavender stallion while the other was just here to deliver the food.

“Let them in!” One of the soldiers ordered. The garage door began to open a little, allowing room for the vehicles to get inside. They drove into the garage, and their drivers saw four mobile suits in line on the wall. The lavender mare began to tremble, knowing that she had bad feelings about it. Suddenly, the azure pegasus appeared right next to the lavender stallion.

“Haven’t seen you in a while Star Blade,” the pegasus greeted, “how’s the first days as a father?”

“It was very pleasant,” the unicorn replied, “are you ready for today’s training?”

The pegasus turned to the two fillies and taunted them into getting out of the chariot. Scootaloo took her headphones off and opened the back door. As she gets out, the orange filly witnessed a familiar captain of the royal guard speaking with a colt, who is about three years older than her and had very spiky blue mane and tail, a weaken white coat, green eyes and is a unicorn. Silver Spoon got out and caught up to her.

“I take it that this is your first time piloting a mobile suit, isn’t it?” asked the azure pegasus, “they pretty big, don’t you think?”

The grey mare nodded, knowing how big Longinus is and this is the first time she gets to pilot it. Every time Scootaloo encountered a soldier as she went to her assigned mobile suit, the orange filly gave them a salute. It went on until she reached her Longinus, but the mare in front her was Rainbow Dash.

“What are you doing here Scoots?” asked the cyan pegasus, “shouldn’t you be with your friends back at Avalon?”

“I’m here to practice,” Scootaloo replied, “and thanks for saving me back at Ponyville by the way.”

“Heh, you must be nuts trying to drive the demons away using a mobile suit,” Rainbow Dash bragged, “anyways, you and Silver Spoon are up against Spitfire, which is an honor to duel against her, and somepony I don’t want to mention.”

The colt appeared behind the cyan pegasus and stared at Scootaloo. It’s clear to him that she’s too young to fight in a mobile suit and the guard told him to teach her a lesson she’ll never forget. Dash sighed, knowing that it isn’t going to end well.

“So you must be that rook my master was talking about, aren’t you?” asked the colt, “Whoever inflated that brain of yours must be insane.”

“Hey! Don’t you know who you’re messing with?” Scootaloo protested. Before the heated greeting boils up into an argument, Spitfire flew up and landed in front of her Longinus before she said “Enough games Jousting Lance, we got an half hour until training starts.”

“Fine, you win this time.” The unicorn sighed as he got inside his mobile suit. He begins to hope that the virtual reality training he got from a disabled zaku will pay off. Scootaloo entered the cockpit and put the neural headband on before activating her Longinus. Apparently, she noticed a difference between the last time the orange filly piloted a mobile suit and now. The mental pressure on her was a lot milder and the headband was even more responsive to her mind.

“How are you feeling now?” asked Star Blade through the radio. Scootaloo knew that the R&D team was doing a great job. She replied by saying “Feeling much better actually.”

When the pilots got inside of their assigned mobile suits, the garage door opened wider. Twilight Sparkle watched as the Longinuses walk up to the armory and equipped themselves with water guns before leaving, fearing that there’s nothing she can do about it now. The guard trotted up to her and put his hoof on her shoulder.

“Don’t worry Twilight,” he said, “my apprentice will make her think twice.”

Everypony else began to gather around the monitor, with some gambling against each other while the rest were excited.

-----

Near Canterlot was a forest, with widespread trees, beautiful lakes, tranquil flowers, and peaceful animals. The wild parasprites played tag with each other, the deer were looking for grass to eat, the swans floated as they were filled with air, and the bears were enjoying some berries they had found. Suddenly, the lively silence was shattered by stepping noises, scaring the animals away. Then four mobile suits arrived at a very large field of grass.

“It’s a pretty place, isn’t it?” asked Spitfire, who was piloting one of the Longinuses.

“Yes, it is,” Silver Spoon replied as she spoke through the radio, the grey filly breathed slowly, making sure that she was prepared, “but it is also a shame we might ruin it during practice.”

“Oh well,” the golden yellow mare sighed, “this is war and some things ends up destroyed while we’re at it.”

“Time’s running out boss,” Jousting Lance warned, he checked the ammunition on the heads up display to make sure he had plenty, “so look alive!”

Silver Spoon’s Longinus walked up to the one Scootaloo was piloting. However, the orange filly tried to figure out how to start using the evoker, but no luck at all.

“The evoker is very useful,” said the grey filly, “but the information your father gave us is very lacking.”

“I suppose you’re right,” the orange pegasus replied, “I have no clue how to activate it either.”

As the two teams settled on opposite sides of the field, Jousting Lance activated the damage scanner and set it to training mode. The rest of the pilots did the same, hoping that it’ll gather combat data.

“Alright gang,” Spitfire declared, “training starts right now!”

Silver Spoon commanded her Longinus to aim the water gun at the wonderbolt’s while Jousting Lance’s Longinus charged at Scootaloo’s before it jumped. The orange filly mentally targeted the mobile suit that was just above hers and the two started firing at each other. The pegasus missed badly while the unicorn struck his target four times before his Longinus landed. The shoulders and leg area on the heads up display began to turn red as Scootaloo regained her balance.

“See those red spots?” Jousting Lance taunted, “Those prove that you suck!”

The orange pegasus’s mobile suit retaliated by turning around and fired the water gun at the colt’s Longinus, only for it the dodge very quickly. She tried hard to predict his next move. But no matter what, Jousting Lance’s mobile suit avoided every last bullet before he fired back, hitting the filly’s Longinus’s chest. That part began to turn red on the heads up display.

“Is he really good?” Scootaloo asked herself, “What am I supposed to do about it?”

“And here’s a big finale!” Jousting Lance yelled. Before his mobile suit can pull the trigger, the whole world in the orange filly’s mind began to collapse like shattering glass. She knew that her thump card was being played on its own. The pegasus zeroed in on her practice enemy and Longinus dodged a ball of water.

“What the hell?” the surprised unicorn complained. Before he could act, two balls of water struck his mobile suit, one in the arm and the other on the head. Those parts began to turn red on his heads up display.

“You’re mine!” said the confident Scootaloo. Her Longinus began to roll forward and then stopped to aim. It fired at Jousting Lance’s mobile suit, hitting the chest once, twice in the leg, and four times in the belly. Those areas turned red on the unicorn’s heads up display. As his mobile suit suffers the torment of water balls, Jousting Lance began to notice something dangerous hiding behind the trees before his Longinus tackled his opponent into the woods just as real bullets began to fly.

“What are you doing?” Scootaloo complained, “We can’t just shove…”

“Quiet!” the unicorn protested, “There’s a reason why I did it to you.”

The orange filly’s Longinus adjusted its head to see what was going on. Its pilot could not believe her eyes, there were foreign mobile suits hidden in the woods. Not only she was upset that the white colt cheated, but Scootaloo was also glad that he saved her life.

“Break it up both of you,” Jousting Lance silently ordered, “we’re being ambushed.”

Spitfire and Silver Spoon stopped fighting each other when they heard his warning. Their Longinuses ran to the trees and hid themselves within the woods. The guerrilla mobile suits watched for anything out in the open.

“I can’t believe they got out of our sight!” the female griffon complained, “First, I had to look for my gun in Everfree Forest and now this?”

“Calm down Glida.” said the werewolf, who sports grey fur, blonde spiky hair, and light blue eyes. He was wearing a navy blue cargo pants, black vest with a left shoulder pad bearing a symbol of a griffon holding a spear wrapped in olive branches. “They’ll come out of the woods sooner or later.”

“That snob never learned from her mistakes,” said the black dragon with green eyes, “children shouldn’t be used as soldiers.”

“You made your point alright Belmont,” said the werewolf as he checked the radar, “but our first priority for now is to destroy one of the mobile suits as a warning to her.”

Somewhere else in the woods, two Longnuses watched the enemies without making any moves. The pilots were worried about what to do now. Scootaloo noticed that the evoker within her had become dormant, rendering her vulnerable against the guerrillas.

“You go warn the base,” Jousting Lance ordered, “I’ll keep them busy.”

“What about you?” the orange filly asked, “the water gun can’t hurt them.”

“That’s the point,” the unicorn insisted, “I’ll use it to draw their attention long enough for backup to stop them.”

Scootaloo got to the point Jousting Lance was talking about and nodded before her Longinus began to retreat. The foolhardy colt set the damage scanner to combat mode, turning the red spots into green. He then checked how much ammunition he had left in his water gun. Just enough to keep the guerrillas distracted.

“I just can’t believe I’m going to this mess,” Jousting Lance thought to himself, “I hope the other two are okay.”

The guerrilla mobile suits waited quietly, making sure where their targets went to. They kept scanning the field every five seconds.

“I don’t know what they’re up to,” said the werewolf, “but I got a bad feeling about this.”

“If you’re talking about the gundam,” said Glida, “then I’ll make that pegasus pay for that encounter in Everfree Forest.”

-----

In the base of Canterlot, the soldiers watching the monitor were shocked that some stray bullets broke the fight up. Some complained that the fight was getting to the good part while others were worried about the pilots. Twilight began to tremble in fear, believing that the fillies could get killed. Star Blade on the other hand, became scared that if either Scootaloo or Silver Spoon dies, the perfect defense he had planned as well as his new family life could fall apart. Suddenly, the radio started beeping.

“Commander,” said Soarin, “it’s coming from a Longinus.”

“Patch it through,” the lavender stallion ordered, “I want to know if those fillies are okay.”

The radio stopped beeping and began to connect to the Longinus. The commander expected some bad news, knowing how dangerous the situation is. He started to hear a familiar tone of voice.

“Is anypony getting this?” asked the pilot, “the training team got ambushed and we need backup!”

“I hear you Scootaloo,” said Star Blade, “but the factory is not working fast enough to keep building more Longinuses, so I’m giving you newly developed weapons instead.”

Twilight began to ease up a little, knowing that Scootaloo made it out alive. But she wasn’t sure about Silver Spoon’s survival.

-----

As the Longinus waited for a while, the ground erupted, exposing a cabinet holding an assault rifle, a sub-machine gun, a sniper rifle, and a sword. The mobile suit put the sword and the sniper rifle on its back, and then it grabbed the sub-machine gun with its left hand while picking up the assault rifle with its right. The cabinet began to sink back into the ground.

“Thanks for the new weapons dad,” said Scootaloo, “I’ll make sure that the gang makes out alive.”

“Be careful,” Star Blade warned through the radio, “I don’t know how powerful those guerrillas are.”

The Longinus began to turn back, carrying the four weapons into the woods.

-----

Hiding in the woods, the Longinus fired the water gun at the guerrillas as they fired back at it. Jousting Lance was mentally overwhelmed with safety concerns with Spitfire and Silver Spoon as well as how strong the opposing mobile suits are. The Longinus fired three more shots, only this time, the water balls struck an enemy mobile suit.

“Ha! You’re armed with a water gun?” Glida taunted, “You can do better than that!”

A barrage of bullets started to tear the trees apart as Longinus hid behind them. The mobile suits thought that they had pinned their enemy down, so they exposed themselves. Each one had sleek looking arms, slightly bulky legs, streamlined torso and skirt, and a fighter-plane themed head. They were armed with assault rifles.

“What’s taking her so long?” Jousting Lance asked himself, “I’m running low on ammo and everything.”

Just as all hope for him is lost, a second barrage of bullets came in an opposite direction, damaging the enemy mobile suits. They were forced to take cover in the woods. It wasn’t long until a Longinus armed with an assault rifle, a submachine gun, a sniper rifle and a sword, showed up right next to the defenseless mobile suit.

“Took you long enough,” said Jousting Lance, “where’s backup?”

“Backup is just right in your hooves now.” Scootaloo made a witty, but calm remark as her Longinus handed over the sub-machine gun to Jousting Lance’s.

“Is that it?” the white colt asked, “I was expecting that gundam to show up. Oh well, better make do with what we got now.”

“I’ll give the rest to the last two,” said the orange filly, “so give those guerrillas some good old spanking.”

The unicorn admired the filly’s attitude, hence it reminded him of the old times he had. His Longinus dropped the water gun and went right out to the open and fired the sub-machine gun at where the mobile suits were hiding.

“This is very bad,” said the werewolf, “anymore and we’re finished.”

“Are you recommending retreat?” asked Belmont, “they’ll come back stronger than before.”

“No, we’ll have to break up and take them out from all sides,” the werewolf ordered, “They won’t what hit them.”

“I heard you Strife,” said Glida, “it’ll only make things easier for us.”

The three guerrilla mobile suits began to separate from each other, but the Longinus continued to shoot one of them down with the sub-machine gun until it became overheated.

“Just my luck,” Jousting Lance groaned in disappointment, “now I have to wait until it cools off.”

Somewhere else in the woods, the two Longinuses waited until the coast is clear. Spitfire was expecting the worse from the situation, knowing that the enemies had isolated themselves from each other. Suddenly, a third Longinus came out of hiding, equipped with an assault rifle, a sniper rifle and a sword.

“Did you miss me?” asked Scootaloo. The golden yellow mare and Silver Spoon was surprised. They didn’t even believed that the orange filly would carry weapons using a mobile suit. Spitfire eagerly commanded her Longinus to take the assault rifle while the grey earth pony’s mobile suit took the sword, leaving the young pegasus with a sniper rifle.

“All right,” Spitfire declared, “let’s give those intruders some hell!”

The orange filly’s Longinus pulled the sniper rifle off of its back and aimed it at the trees, with the pilot hoping that one of the guerrillas would come out. The other two Longinuses began to search the woods, one armed with the assault rifle while the other was armed with a sword. At the field, the fourth Longinus kept firing at the guerrillas until one of them charged in from behind.

“Die you knave!” Belmont screamed as his mobile suit rushed in for a kill while holding a knife. Before it could stab a Longinus with the knife, the mobile suit got caught by another Longinus. The minotaur-like mobile vertically sliced the guerrilla in half. Screams of relentless pain echoed until the mobile suit exploded.

“This is not good,” said Strife, “we should retreat!”

“But what about that dragon?” Glida asked. The situation was getting worse for the guerrillas. Their enemies had caught them off guard in matter of seconds.

“Belmont’s done for,” said the remorseful werewolf, “and there’s nothing we can do about.”

“Alright alright, we’re falling back now.” Glida was both sad and disappointed. Not only she lost her rival to the enemy, but the Strife’s squad were defeated no thanks to the gundam. The remaining two guerrillas fled deeper into the woods.

“Thanks for your help Spoon,” said Jousting Lance, “if you didn’t get in his way, I’ll be dead in seconds.”

“And thank you for warning all of us about the ambush,” Silver Spoon replied, “I used to believe that you were a snob until you told us to hide from our attackers.”

Among the three Longinuses, one of them just stared at the debris that was a mobile suit until it got sliced in half. While studying the wreckage, it spotted an emblem on a dismembered arm. The Spitfire, who was piloting the curious Longinus, decided to take a closer look at the emblem. Upon farther inspection, the emblem portrays a griffon holding a spear that was wrapped with olive branches.

“Do those guerrillas belong to the Hunger Alliance?” The fiery pegasus asked herself.

Comments ( 8 )

654854 Sorry, Word couldn't help me with the description as far as I understand you. Maybe some constructive criticism can help improve the description itself. :scootangel:

710167 Any idea on where to start?

717701

img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/SSJJolt/0401_Gundam.jpg

Honestly? The first paragraph would be a good place to start. It's convoluted, rushed and that falcon comes out of nowhere. Heck, you could have used nearly 500 words just getting to that point. The description of the Gundam should have been expanded to nearly a paragraph in and of itself... that one paragraph should have taken a page to cover everything.

I wish i could show you my WIP fic to give you an example, however you'll just have to wait... Mobile Saddle Gundam Friendship is a fic being developed with great levels of love and care.

Mobile Saddle Gundam Friendship has been uploaded, I suggest you take a look to see what kind of quality you should be aiming for. :rainbowdetermined2:

Witch gundam did they uncover X,Unicorn,Zero,Banshee can someone please tell me

3567785
It’s none of them if you look closely, only one type of gundam emits green particles from cone shaped thing from wings and have beam sabers

11382432
so which is it

11386159
Ain’t saying as I could be wrong and am curious to if the author confirms my suspicions on the gundam it is. ‘My wishes are over their airspace’

Login or register to comment