• ...
3
 17
 1,466

Rumors Goes Faster than Her

Rainbow Dash sped through the skies of Equestria as she enjoyed the intense breeze on her face. At first, the cyan pegasus twirled herself, causing colorful sparks to fly. She didn't even notice a falcon, who didn't notice her, at all. Just as she began to perform a loop, the pegasus and the falcon collided with each other by accident. Now the two beings started to fall down into the ground.

“Oh this is not cool,” said the now worried Rainbow Dash, “I'll end up in the hospital at this rate!”

The cyan pegasus and the falcon continued their mad descent to Everfree Forest. Not only her wing muscles froze, but the bird is out cold as well. As the worried mare's mind began to panic, Rainbow Dash and the falcon uncontrollably dove through the trees and then “Thud!”

What the cyan pegasus felt when she crashed is not soil, but instead, she felt metal. She flinched a little as she got back on her hooves, only to see a face of a giant monster, bearing a golden v-shaped fin as eyebrows and crystal clear green eyes. The size of the face was more than enough to make the cyan pegasus panic into thinking that it could eat her. She stood back in fear until a clicking noise was heard. The monster's lower chest began to open, turning her fears in curiosity. The cyan pegasus decides to take a look.

“Hello?” Dash peeked through the hole, with the interior being pitch black. “Is anypony inside?”

A falcon flying back into the skies startled Dash, causing her to fall inside. The hole above Rainbow Dash closed on her. One of the monster’s internal organs felt like leather, but with the cyan pegasus touching it, that organ was shaped like a chair. Without warning, the monster woke up, with its insides lighting up. Rainbow Dash saw what the monster saw, as well as weirdly arranged text shoved in her face along with light blue hue.

“Do you think you can let me out please?” Dash asked the monster, fearing what it could do. The hole reopened at her will, allowing her to escape. She stared at the monster’s glowing eyes, but the glow died off. Rainbow Dash wondered why the monster fell back to sleep before it could do anything else. Dash knew that she must get answers from Twilight Sparkle, and then she started to fly to Ponyville.

----------

Twilight wrote a letter to Celestia about the artifact known as a haro, which was colored dark blue, and how much it loved her and Spike. The young dragon took the letter from Twilight and breathed fire on it, turning it into green mist headed for Castle Canterlot.

“Wow! Dragon fire is awesome!” chirped the excited haro, jumping up and down. “I wonder what else it can do.”

“I guess the haro is hyper like Pinkie Pie.” Twilight giggled as levitated a table tennis ball. Then, Rainbow Dash barged in without warning.

“EEKKKKK!!!” The haro panicked, rolling itself into hiding.

“Dash! Robots have feelings.” Twilight berated the cyan pegasus for scaring the haro.

“Sorry about that,” Dash apologized. “But I ran across a giant monster, with golden eyebrows, one of it’s internal organs shaped like a chair, and…”

“Calm down, I’ll find that monster in one of my books.” Twilight started searching the library on ancient history.

Spike belched out a letter to Twilight Sparkle, but Rainbow Dash decided to read it to pass the time.

Dear Twilight Sparkle,
I am very impressed with you finding an artifact of the Forgotten. I am also glad that the haro found a good home. It might know far more about the Forgotten than all of Equestria, so if you ask it, it’ll tell you what you want to know.

Yours sincerely, Princess Celestia

“I found it!” Twilight showed a page of a book about the Forgotten to Rainbow Dash. “That monster you ran across earlier is a gundam.”

“A gundam?” Dash asked the lavender mare, a simple answer left her with even more questions.

“A long time ago, during the age of supremacy, the Forgotten built controllable golems they refer to as mobile suits.” Twilight explained

“Go on,” the cyan pegasus said, as she was eager to learn more, “I wanted my own mobile suit.”

“One day, the Forgotten built the iron god known as the gundam.” Twilight turned the page in the book then continued teaching Dash. “The gundams fought in some of the Forgotten’s wars, either for justice or for tyrannical order. No one knew how they were made or where they rest now. But anypony that saw them are rumored to have good luck on his side.”

Before Twilight can finish, the haro peeked out and asked “Is it safe?”

“Oh, it’s okay.” The lavender mare tried to comfort the poor robot, but Dash realized what kind of robot she scared earlier.

“Hey, are you alright?” Dash asked the haro.

“I’m fine, I just wasn’t expecting you.” He looked at Dash with a friendly attitude.

“I am wondering if you can teach me how to pilot a gundam.” Dash’s question provoked the haro into printing out the instruction pamphlet for the cyan pegasus to read.

“These are the up to date instructions, enjoy!” The haro chirped as Rainbow Dash took the pamphlet.

“I think this guy needs a name.” Spike was concerned with the nameless haro. Dash and Twilight Sparkle thought about naming it.

“I got it,” Dash declared, “let’s name him Research.”

The haro liked the name so much, it made him feel like he done a good job. Twilight noticed the letter that was meant for her opened, but it wasn’t long until she found who read it. The lavender unicorn sighed as she began to read it.

“Dash, what I am going to do with you?” Twilight complained silently.

----------

“Lieutenant,” the general, with azure coat, yellow mane and tail, and violet eyes, spoke as the lieutenant he summoned entered his room, “I have been waiting for you.”

“Do you need me?” the lieutenant asked, revealing herself as Spitfire. “They will come any day now.”

“There’s something I need to show you.” The general said it as he opened up his presentation for Spitfire to see. “The science division built a mobile suit that rivals the demons, they attacked Equestria thirty years ago and we need a fighting chance to defend ourselves.”

Spitfire studied the new mobile suit shown in the presentation, knowing that demons are a threat to civilization. The general switched to the next page when the golden-yellow mare was finished with the current one. Then Luna stepped in.

“Not now your highness.” The general grumbled, as he was more concerned with the prototype mobile suit.

“I’m afraid I have you let you know General Jack,” Luna protested, she knew the message was urgent, “but the mobile suit is equipped with the psychological controller, which not only convenient, but also dangerous to use.”

Spitfire never had psycho training before, but she knew that the mythical gundams had such technology. On one hoof, she’ll be able to control a mobile suit with her mind. But on the other hoof, there’s a risk that she’ll suffer brain damage for using such technology. After the while, Spitfire made up her mind. “I will practice until I get used to that mobile suit.”

----------

Rainbow Dash and Research went to Sugarcube Corner, agreeing that the two, Twilight Sparkle, and Spike, to keep the discovery a secret. Pinkie Pie planned a party for an ancient robot Twilight discovered earlier. When the duo got inside, it was dark inside. Then the lights came on.

“Surprise!” the pink earth pony declared as she jumped out of hiding. There were balloons floating around in the room, tied to their strings. Confetti littered the floor as they fell. Food was prepared for the guests.

“I never saw a party that big before,” said the curious Research, “how did you know that we’re coming?”

“That’s easy,” said Pinkie as she smiled, “I saw you inside Twilight’s bag.”

“That’s Pinkie to you Research.” Rainbow Dash explained to the dark blue haro. He never knew anything about the new world around him. Other ponies came out of their hidings, with presents for Research.

“I made this for you,” said Rarity, who was among the guests, “it’s fun to play with.” She handed over her gift to Research. He eagerly opened his first present, revealing a plush zaku.

“Thank you!” said Research, who was happy with his first present.

“You could use something to sleep in,” said Applejack, who handed out a small crate for Research to sleep in for the night. “It’ll keep ya comfy.”

Research jumped inside the crate and felt how cozy a pile of hay is. He started to roll on it as he giggled.

“I wonder where Fluttershy is,” said Rainbow Dash, “is she taking care of the animals?”

“She had to go help a falcon that got injured,” said Pinkie Pie, “but she said she’ll be late.”

----------

“I can’t believe this,” said General Jack, “psychological control? What were they thinking?”

“I’m starting to worry about Spitfire,” said Soarin, “she’s determined to take that kind of risk.”

The two stallions started to over-hear a group of scientists arguing over how the prototype mobile suit works, so they decided to listen unnoticed.

“Please sir,” one scientist, with a khaki coat, black mane and tail, and yellow eyes, begged his co-workers to change their minds, “for the sake of safety, we have to send archeologists to find the gundam!”

“We running short on time!” another scientist, with dark orange coat, maroon mane and tail, and red eyes, argued back, “if we waste it on finding something that powerful, the demons WILL catch us OFF GUARD!!!”

The third scientist, with lime green coat, white mane and tail with light green streaks, and yellow eyes, was worried about the issue, so she decides to exploit the rumor she had heard.

“We’ll train the pilot for now,” she said, “but word is spreading that somepony found the gundam, so I'll send one of the personnel to find him.”

“Sending an employee to find said pony is like chasing a wild goose,” the second scientist protested, “we need to keep to ourselves and continue the research.”

Soarin and Jack could not believe their ears; did somepony really found a gundam? They don’t know for sure, but their best chances to find the gundam now is to find something suspicious in Ponyville since Celestia’s faithful student wrote a letter about a haro. They decided to do so anonymously.

----------

“You don’t know anything about Equestria, do you Research?” Rainbow Dash was pitiful for her haro friend. Research knew everything about the ancient history, but not today’s world.

“Any ideas where to start?” asked Research, who was wondering about what to do in Equestria, which is the new world he was unfamiliar with.

“How about the schoolhouse in Ponyville?” asked Dash, who thought it was a good idea, “Cheerilee could use some help with pre-history lessons, but she’ll teach you about the world in return.”

The dark blue haro noticed the schoolhouse, and by using his heat sensors, he saw that there’s a class going on. He started to roll himself to school.

“Hey!” said Rainbow Dash, who saw that Research is leaving her behind, “wait for me!” She began to chase the haro down.

----------

Scootaloo was reading the book called the Squire Manifesto, which explains the powerful difference between strong-willed foals and well-trained horses in wars. Diamond Tiara was talking to Silver Spoon about the rumors of a pony who found a gundam.

“Finally,” said Cheerilee as she sighed in peace, “some peace and quiet.” But that peace didn’t last long when a possessed, dark blue ball barged in.

Every single student watched as the ball stopped in the middle in the room. Rainbow Dash showed up, and then started laughing as the purple earth pony stared at the ball in awe.

“That’s a haro,” said Dash, acting as she was a happy camper, “and his name is Research.”

“Hello Research,” said the still surprised Cheerilee, “I never seen something like you before.”

“Dash told me you need help with pre-history lessons,” said the eager Research, “when can we start?”

“How about tomorrow?” asked Cheerilee, she was aware that the dark blue haro knows more than her, “it’ll help us plan better that way.”

Diamond Tiara threw a pencil at Research, believing that he is nothing but a piece of trash. But the haro did something everypony wasn’t expecting him to do. He popped his left arm out of its cover and grabbed the pencil with it.

“What the hay?” Diamond Tiara was shocked that she failed to hit Research, “That not supposed to happen!”

“Maybe you should learn how to respect antiques,” said the stubborn Cheerilee, “after all, you earned yourself a day in detention.”

Silver Spoon became interested in the dark blue haro’s abilities; he could be better than she thought. Scootaloo pulled out an enrollment paper for military school and turned her attention to the grey mare.

“Hey Silver Spoon,” the orange pegasus whispered, “still trying to become a knight for the kingdom?”

“I’m looking forward to it,” Silver Spoon answered, “how did you find out?”

“I overheard your secret two days ago,” Scootaloo replied, “and military school can teach you how to be one.”

Silver Spoon could not believe her ears. On one hoof, Scootaloo is nothing more than a blank flank. But on the other hoof, the orange pegasus is giving out the chance she could not pass up. The grey earth pony started to believe that her best friend is a complete snob.

“Thanks Scoots,” said Silver Spoon, and it was a first time she opened up to somepony else, “we should go together.”

Rainbow Dash overheard everything the two fillies said to each other. She’s glad that they got along for once, but to enroll into military school? The cyan pegasus pretended to be happy that children are enjoying their new friend, but she is shocked that Scootaloo and Silver Spoon are doing something they’ll regret later.

----------

Spitfire climbed inside of the prototype, taking deep breaths to calm down before taking any actions. She sat down in the cockpit and attached the neuron controllers to her forehead. The golden yellow mare checked for any problems before starting her training.

“Are you sure about this Madam?” asked the concerned engineer, with a green coat, silver mane and tail, and blue eyes.

“I’m more than ready,” Spitfire replied, “somepony needs to doing something about it.”

“Alright then,” said the engineer, “it’s your funeral after all.”

Spitfire activated the mobile suit, and it started to work fine. But something gave her a rude awakening. The captain of the Wonderbolts started to scream in pain, and then she started panting. The mental pressure on Spitfire is too much for her weak mind. After a half of a minute, she deactivated the mobile suit.

“I told you it’s too risky to test such thing!” complained one scientist, with lime green coat, white mane and tail with light green streaks, and yellow eyes, “Now look what happened to her!”

“We need to give her medical help now!” demanded the commander, bearing similar looks as Twilight Sparkle, but with mild, spiky mane and tail, a scar on his left eye, and a sword hanging on to olive branches for a cutie mark, “She taken a mental beating.”

It wasn’t long until the medical team arrived and got Spitfire out of the mobile suit. The pupils in her eyes were shrunken, she was shaking pretty badly, but she is in physically good shape.

The golden yellow mare couldn’t think very well for while, all is she saw in her mind is her parents and her late brother. The trauma made her believe that she is not just making her family proud, but her friends as well. Spitfire was encouraged to keep trying until she is ready. But she needs some rest first.

“Damn,” the commander sighed, “I didn’t think that she is brave enough to be a pilot.”

“I’ll report this test the head of the division,” said the engineer, “she did real good trying to help us.”

“Thanks for saving me the trouble Steel Art,” said the commander, “the next time we see each other again, the drink’s on me.”

“Anytime Star Blade,” said Steel Art, “we’re friends since boot camp after all.”

----------

Scootaloo and Silver Spoon were spending time together on filling out the papers with Spike’s help. The orange pegasus checked both her paper and the dictionary to see if she got everything right. She yawned along with her new friend, as if it was a long day.

“Did you hear about the most recent rumor?” asked Silver Spoon.

“Uh, no,” Scootaloo replied, “I wasn’t paying attention.”

“Somepony found a gundam,” Silver Spoon informed Scootaloo, “We don’t know who, but it’ll be good if it’s true.”

Spike started to notice some loopholes in the promise, but so far so good, nopony found out about the gundam. He wondered what the worse that can happen. Scootaloo stacked the two papers, which are correctly filled in, and rolled them up. The purple dragon tied the papers together and breathed fire on them. The green mist flew out the window and headed straight for the military division.

“I guess there’s no turning back now,” said Spike, “military schools are worse than normal schools.”

“At least I get to be a knight sooner or later,” said Silver Spoon, “I’m willing to do everything I need to do.”

The two fillies began doing their homework as Spike sighed, knowing that if somepony exploits the loophole, then that pony will take the gundam for himself.

----------

Spitfire was taking deep breaths, her mind was warped and she was still shaking. Star Blade was getting worried about her. He knew Spitfire since he joined the New Lunar Republic. The lavender stallion had a feeling that he was carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. He paced back and forth in the waiting room.

“If only Jack and Soarin was still around at this time,” Star Blade thought for himself, “Spitfire has to stay for the night and she need familiar face to keep her company.”

He sighed as he looked up the ceiling. Star Blade was also getting worried about his twin cousin, who claims that she found the haro. What if the rumors are linked to her? What if the demons found out about her findings? He is not sure, but all he can do for now is to take in two new troublemakers. Star Blade finds it rare to catch them in Ponyville, but they’re coming for unknown reasons. He looked over the paperwork again to make sure who they are. The lavender stallion got a rude awakening when he found out about the new recruits.

“They did nothing wrong in Ponyville,” Star Blade thought to himself, “but why would they go to military school anyway?”