• Published 3rd Apr 2014
  • 3,907 Views, 138 Comments

The Purloined Pony - Chris



When a young foal goes missing, it's up to Carrot Top to step in and save the day.

  • ...
4
 138
 3,907

PreviousChapters Next
Page 70

You look around the convocation. All the brownies are staring at you, waiting to hear what you’ll say next. You take a deep breath.

“I may not be perfect, but I always keep my word. I promise I’ll never tell anypony about you brownies, and you can take that to the bank.”

Glomgrime looks to Danneltuft. “And what say you? Surely your lady has made mention of this one at times. Is she worthy of our trust?”

Danneltuft smiles and says, “Never have I heard my lady speak aught but well of this one. She is kind and generous, and freely donates her excess crops for the creatures under my lady’s care. And remember also, she was prepared to face a Bhrùnaidh-mòd not for herself or her kin, but to rescue a foal to whom she had no obligation. Of our trust, I believe none could be more worthy.”

“Very well, then.” Glomgrime calls forward one of the brownies. “Thistledown, it is dark and these woods are perilous for the big folk come night. Escort our lady to her home, and see that she arrives without trouble.”

Thistledown nods and tells you, “If you will follow behind me, I will make sure that we do not encounter any of the forest’s most perilous denizens.”

Danneltuft clears his throat. “Ah, if I may be so bold, I think that perhaps Fallowhall would be a better choice. And that perhaps she would be best escorted to the cabin of my lady, rather than her own home.”

Glomgrime grins. “Well, who am I to argue with your assessment? Fallowhall, if you are willing...?”

“It would be my pleasure,” announces another brownie, stepping up towards you. “Come, my lady. Let us go to the home of your yellow friend.”

“And fear not for the foal,” Glomgrime reassures you. “She will be snug in her bed long before you, I would wager.”

Thanking the brownies one last time, you follow Fallowhall out into the woods.

*****

Go to page 71

PreviousChapters Next