• Published 3rd Apr 2014
  • 3,907 Views, 138 Comments

The Purloined Pony - Chris



When a young foal goes missing, it's up to Carrot Top to step in and save the day.

  • ...
4
 138
 3,907

PreviousChapters Next
Page 67

Twilight starts to open her mouth, but you put a hoof up to block her. “No. We tried doing it your way, with the testing and the books. Now we’re going to do things my way.”

You glare over at the boggie. “So now that you’re king—”

Ceanntighern.” he corrects you in a patronizing tone.

“Whatever. Now you want us to bargain for Applebloom’s freedom. Even though you promised you’d—”

“Don’t impugn my honesty! I kept my word!” he cries. More slyly, he adds, “If you were too stupid to parse my meaning, that’s your problem.”

“Right.” You look over the guard boggies who have surrounded you and Twilight, picking out the least disgusting-looking one. “You there, you the second-in-command or something?”

The boggie in question straightens up a bit. “You may address me as Hinterheart, First General of the Most Illustrious—”

“That’s nice, Hinter. Say, how’d you like to be Ceanntighern?”

To his credit, Hinterheart grasps your meaning immediately. “The foal for my elevation? It’s a deal!”

The current Ceanntighern cries out, “HEY! You can’t do that!” But you’re already moving. A few of the guards lift their weapons, but Hinterheart loudly orders them to stand aside. Confused, the other boggies do nothing as you run up to their leader and, turning around at the last second, buck him as hard as you can.

With a scream, he goes flying off into the forest, his crown and scepter falling to the ground at your hooves. You face the boggies and announce, “Hinterheart’s in charge now. Any of you got a problem with that?”

The boggies all stay silent. Hinterheart grabs the crown and scepter from beside you, hastily donning them. Waving you quiet, he announces, “My first decree as Ceanntighern is that we dispose of any useless baggage in camp. I have no desire to haul valueless junk all the way home. Therefore, let us cast away the foal. I have seen her; she is weak and useless, and I have no doubt she’d make a terrible slave.”

As the boggies scramble to obey his orders, Twilight gives you a level look.

Your way?”

You smile proudly. My way.”

*****

Go to page 72

PreviousChapters Next