• Published 3rd Apr 2014
  • 3,910 Views, 138 Comments

The Purloined Pony - Chris



When a young foal goes missing, it's up to Carrot Top to step in and save the day.

  • ...
4
 138
 3,910

PreviousChapters Next
Page 58

You and Twilight look at each other. She shrugs. “I don’t know, Carrot Top. These boggies don’t seem like the trustworthy type... but my books say that if a fey makes a promise, they’re bound to keep it.”

The boggie pipes up, “I promise, I promise! I promise that if you help make me Ceanntighern, I’ll make sure your foal gets home safe and sound!”

You reach your decision. “Well, that’s good enough for me. Untie him, Twilight. Let’s see if he can help us out.”

A moment later, the boggie is free of his restraints and rubbing his burned hand. “Jeez, that stings. Okay, we’re gonna need a lot of glass. What’ve you got?”

You rub your chin thoughtfully. “I suppose I could take down some of the roof panes from my greenhouse... that would work, right?"

“Hey, glass is glass. Alright, you ponies get a few of those, and meet me at the edge of the carrot farm, by the forest. Then we’ll go have some fun.”

“Wait!” you exclaim. “How do we know you’re not just going to run off and betray us?”

The boggie rolls his eyes and sighs dramatically. “I just gave you my word, didn’t I? Weren’t you listening to what the fat purple one said? Besides,” he grins, “Now that I’m untied and you don’t have surprise on your side, you couldn’t stop me if you tried!” And before you can react, he springs up the stairs and out of sight. You’ve never seen a creature so small move so quickly.

You shake your head; you’ll just have to trust him. “Come on, Twilight,” you say, “Let’s get over to my farm.”

“Um, right.” Twilight starts up the stairs, then pauses and looks at you. “Um... you don’t think I’m fat, do you? I mean, I don’t get a lot of exercise, what with constantly being cooped up here at the library, but I try to

“NO! I mean, no. You look fine. Honest.”

“Oh. Well, good.”

With that crisis averted, you turn your mind back to Applebloom. The two of you set off.

*****

Go to page 59

PreviousChapters Next