• Published 3rd Apr 2014
  • 3,907 Views, 138 Comments

The Purloined Pony - Chris



When a young foal goes missing, it's up to Carrot Top to step in and save the day.

  • ...
4
 138
 3,907

PreviousChapters Next
Page 34

You look at the boggies, advancing all around you with malice in their eyes. Then you look behind you, at the sheer drop down to the raging river below. You gulp loudly, close your eyes, and jump.

To your surprise, you fall about five feet before landing on something soft. The something soft goes “Ooof!” and dips, causing you to nearly fall off. Opening your eyes, you scramble to stay on top of...

“FLUTTERSHY!?”

The yellow pegasus smiles back at you as she carries you to the far edge of the chasm. “Yes. Um. While I was flying around looking for Applebloom, I saw you were trapped against the cliff. I guess I got here just in time, didn’t I?”

You step off of her back and onto solid ground as she lands. Looking behind you, you see the boggies angrily shouting and gesticulating from across the chasm. “Yeah... you sure did.”

“Well, I should get back to searching. Besides, um... I don’t really like standing around on the ground with all these boggies around. What are you going to do?”

You shrug. “The whole reason you had to rescue me is because I didn’t listen to Zecora. I guess I should go talk to her, huh?”

Fluttershy nods. “Alright then. Good luck!” And with that, she takes off.

Although you’re well off the trail, you’re actually pretty close to Zecora’s house now. Fluttershy’s emergency ferry service saved you from having to make a wide loop over to the bridge. Hurrying in case any more boggies are on this side of the chasm, you trot off to Zecora’s.

*****

Go to page 35

PreviousChapters Next