• Published 3rd Apr 2014
  • 3,910 Views, 138 Comments

The Purloined Pony - Chris



When a young foal goes missing, it's up to Carrot Top to step in and save the day.

  • ...
4
 138
 3,910

PreviousChapters Next
Page 28

Ignoring the Zebra’s warnings, you run off into the woods. “Hang on, Applebloom! I’m coming!” you yell.

Led on by her plaintive cries, you barrel through the undergrowth. As you run, you can hear her more clearly; you must be getting closer!

As you break through the foliage, you suddenly find yourself facing a massive drop-off. Furiously backpedaling, you barely avoid going over the cliff in your headlong rush. Looking down into the wide canyon, you see a rushing river perhaps a hundred feet below you; you doubt you could survive a fall from this height. But then where was Applebloom’s voice coming from?

In answer, dozens of boggies step out of the woods in a ring around you. All are armed with ropes and spears; it’s clear they intend to take you captive. As you slowly back away from them, one of them mockingly yells, “Oh, won’t somepony help me?” in a voice uncannily like Applebloom’s.

Your hoof slips on the edge of the cliff as you take another step back. You have nowhere else to run, and the boggies are closing in all around you.

One of them says, “If we take this one and the foal, we can trek back home tonight. Two pony slaves: that’s what I call a successful raid!”

It looks like you’ll have to chose between jumping to certain death, or ignoble capture. Neither option seems very appealing to you.

*****

1. If you already went to Fluttershy’s cottage and convinced her to help, go to page 34

2. If you didn’t, go to page 31

PreviousChapters Next