• Published 29th Mar 2014
  • 300 Views, 0 Comments

The chronicles of Gan: A story of un-told mystery - GanAfterDark



Hello. I would only like to be known as Gan, for the rest of me is a mystery. I shall tell you the secrets the rest of the world shouldn't know, and my adventures of salmon and tortillas. I feel ambitious now. -Gan

  • ...
 0
 300

1.The secret way

Before I begin my story, I have to give you a proper introduction. I am only known as Gan, and nothing more. No one really knows my true identity, but, again, I like to be known as Gan. Nothing else. I am some where in the midst of 20 years old, I lost count after going into business with a secret organization, which discovers mysteries that the rest of the world shouldn't know about.

The one bad thing about it is, well, you have to give up your true life and identity to this organization so no one would know who you were, and discover who we truly are. They let you choose a name to give yourself, and it has to be under 5 letters, which I still do not know why. But I chose Gan, and now there's no going back to my normal life. I am now apart of I.F.A.N, and I shall stay apart of them until I do it part, which has now happened, sadly. But my job is finding portals to other dimensions or world, going to the other side, collecting as much information as I can, and close the portal on my way out.

And that's how I got to be where I am today, writing down all the info I could, but now I am stuck. Apart from that, I.F.A.N has many different jobs available for people to do, but I chose this one for the life of adventure. I was always and adventurer. Since I was a small child, I always dreamed about going to other places and exploring, and now look at me now! It has always been my dream, but now, I am stuck in a dimension where colored ponies live in harmony.

Now this is where my story starts, when I went into some random parking garage in Florida, where I was to find my next portal. We do not get payed for what we do, but we volunteer for it, because without us, aliens and monsters would be invading us. But as I walked down the stair case into the basement where my diomitor was leading me too, I got my first look at this portal. I have found many portals that have been disguised as normal things you see nearly everyday, and I know when one is disguised. But this one, I couldn't spot anything that would of shown any signs of a portal.

But as I adjusted my hat getting ready to leave, I saw a glint of purple to my left. "Sneaky," I said to myself, walking toward the purple flash. But as I approached, I noticed something. It just stopped. "This'll be harder than I thought," I said, turning on my heel, but before I could leave, I felt something sucking me backwards toward where I suspected the portal to be.

"What the?" I said, never experiencing anything like this before. "Looks like this is the portal after all!" I said, now just letting the mysterious force suck me backwards into the portal. "I should remember this." I said thoughtfully, pulling out my common place book and writing:

Portal 16- mysterious force sucks me in. Clue for later.

"This could be useful," I said, shutting the journal, and looking up to see the purple portal appear before me. Not saying a word, I just closed my eyes and let it suck me in fully, feeling the familiar dizzy and twisting feeling. "Argh!" I said in pain. Just because I am used to the feeling of going through a portal doesn't mean I'm used to the splitting pain you get going through one. Slowly but surely, the pain started to clear, and the spinning feeling left me as I exited the portal.

"Hmm, very colorful." I said to my self, pulling out my common place book and copying down what I saw. I have gotten very used to strange surrounding and creatures that now, most of these places I go to just look normal to me, for I spend most of my time in different dimensions and worlds. "This has to be a dimension," I said, copying everything I said down in my journal. "because everything looks very colorful. I have not yet spotted life, but I seem to be in a dark forest. But, because of my current surroundings, I suspect these creatures to be very colorful and cartoonish as well.

"From where I am now, I can see a little shack. And from what I see inside the house happens to be... Animals? Yes, they appear to be animals. All sorts, bears, beavers, mice, a bunny, a moose, a... Sea otter? How is that... Never mind. I will have to investigate further in order to learn more from this world." I finished, putting away my common place book.

"Strange... I've never seen such an odd forest." I said, turning in circles looking at everything around me. All I saw were trees, maybe some bushes, but then I saw another shack, but this one was a little bigger and it had to windows, but holes instead. "Hmm... Another one." I said, pulling my common place book back out of my pocket once again.

"Another shack. This one looks a little tribal... I see masks, herbs, a big pot, a cauldron, and a... Yes, there's a zebra. I see a zebra. This zebra seems to be a female, for what I can tell from here. And, it's talking? This might be what this dimension has, talking animals. Further investigation." I finished, putting my common place book away once again, for there were so many mysterious yet interesting things.

"salmon?" I said, opening my shirt pocket and taking out the small little can of fish. "oh, thank god!" I said, opening the can and eating the salmon raw. I have a very bad condition, and it is if I do not eat fish-salmon, in general-I will die. It is very strange, yes, but i was cursed by a fish king in my 8th portal. After that, I also have seemed to be fond of making tortillas. This job is very dangerous, I am telling you now.

But when I turned around to walk towards the animal shack to investigate more, I was surprised at what I saw when I turned around. It seemed to be a small pony, about up to my lower chest, and it's mane was a pinkish color, and it's body was yellowish. But before I could say or do anything, the pony gasped and stepped back, hiding behind her mane.

"I don't mean any harm," I said, kneeling down so I could see her face. "what's you're name?" I said softly. "M-my names F-Fluttershy..." she said, so soft I had to hold my breathe in order to hear her. "Why, hello Fluttershy, my name is Gan, and only Gan." I replied, standing up a little taller. "And I am here only to visit. Sow here do you live?" I asked, then standing to my full height. "ai have something important to do."

Author's Note:

Well, I hope you like my first chapter to my story of me in Equestria. I apologize now, but I need to go to the fish market. They have a sale on salmon.