• Published 30th Mar 2014
  • 478 Views, 12 Comments

run to the hills - Derec mc coy



the best guitarist of Equestria returns to ponyville. princess Twilight never saw him before, but became a good friend. Just as he declairs his love to somepony, things turned dramaticly wrong.

  • ...
18
 12
 478

secret of the guitar

A week after Haydrian’s funeral. Fluttershy sat at home, she was still sad about his death. She couldn’t forget him. It was like Haydrian was still there. She was starring at the tine figurine he gave her as she got interrupted by a hard knock at the door. She wasn’t up for talking to somepony, so she ignored the sound and continued the starring and act like she wasn’t home. Again a hard knock. But than she heard a voice of a stallion who sounded a bit familiar. She got curious and decide to open the door. Tree big stallions stood in the doorway, looking at the yellow pink pegasus. “are you Fluttershy?” one of them said.

“hum… yes. Why?” Fluttershy said while she did a step backward.

“well” an other stallion continued. “we’re Haydrian’s band mates”

“yes…” Fluttershy said. And she felt a bit more comfortable.

“thanks to Haydrians last performance, we know he had feelings for you.” said the last one.

“yeah, that’s quite obvious when he yelled it.” Fluttershy said.

“and we heard that you loved him to, so…”the first one said.

“we’ve got a gift for you.” the second said. And the last one took a guitar from his back. “here’s Haydrian’s favourite guitar. For you, so you’ve got something of him.”

Fluttershy took the acoustic guitar and immediately recignised the text that was written at the front. “Monster Mash” she whispered to herself. “Thanks guys. I… I don’t know how to thank you.” She hoped that they would say “no thanks” and than just leave. Because she had the feeling she could cry every moment.

“no thanks.” one of them said. “it was a pleasure to meet you.”

“great, they’re about to leave.” Fluttershy thought to herself.

“But can we talk to you for wile?” the smallest colt said.

“I don’t want to sound unappreciative, but is it important?” she asked.

“no, we just want to tell a few stories about Haydria, that might interest you.” the colt replied.

“can we have that conversation tomorrow then? I’m not up to talk about him now.” Fluttershy said.

“uh… of course. Let’s say tomorrow noon? In Sugar Cube Corner?” the colt said back?

Fluttershy looked a bit awkward. It sounded like he asked her out.

The colt got the hint. “I mean just to talk. We’ve just have a few questions.”

“Okay then.” Fluttershy said. “I’ll be there.”


Next day, Fluttershy flew off really early toward a house made of clouds. She landed at the balcony and knocked at the door. “He’s open.” she heard somepony say. Fluttershy came in and walked to the living room. A cyan pegasus whit rainbow coloured manes sat on the couch. “oh, hello Shy, what are you doing here so early?” she asked.

“Hum, Dash? Do you know the band mates of Haydrian?” Fluttershy asked. Rainbow Dash nodded. “Well, they want to talk with me about Haydrian. And, well, I was wondering. Do you want to come with me? I…I don’t want to go on my one.” Fluttershy whispered.

“Why do they want to talk whit you?” Dash asked.

“I don’t know. They didn’t say that.” Fluttershy said. “that’s why I want you to be there with me.

“okay then, when is that… talking?” Rainbow Dash said.

“This noon, in Sugar Cube Corner.” Fluttershy said.

“Okay. I’ll be there.” Rainbow said.

“Thanks Dash. Now I’m gonna ask the others.” Fluttershy said.

“Let me help you, I’ve got nothing else to do.” Rainbow said, and she came out her couch “I’ll ask Applejack and Pinkie Pie, and you do Twilight and Rarity.”

Fluttershy smiled, and together they stepped to the balcony and flew of.


“Please Twilight, please come with me to Sugar Cube Corner, please.” Fluttershy begged.

“I’m sorry, I have got an important study, and I nearly slept last night” Twilight said. And she took a few books from a shelf. “And why do you need somepony to be there with you. You’re old enough to talk to strangers by your self.”

“But this conversation is about Haydrian.” Fluttershy said.

“So, it’s not a big deal if you ask me.” Twilight said.

“But it is a big deal.” Fluttershy said. “each time when I talk about him, I feel a terrible stab in my hart.”

Twilight sighed. “fine, I’ll be there to.”

At that moment, somepony knocked at the door. Twilight opened it and Rainbow Dash flew in. “How did it go?” Fluttershy asked.

“Pinkie pie has to baby-sit, and Granny Smith is sick, so Applejack has to take care of them. So they can’t come. How about you?”

“Rarity is in Manehattan to deliver a new dress for Sapphire Shores. So she can’t come either.” Fluttershy replied.

“Wait, Rainbow Dash was about to come to?” Twilight asked. “why do I have to come then?”

“so you came hear the stories to.” Rainbow Dash said.

Twilight sighted again. “great. Come on girls. It’s almost noon. How earlier we get there, how earlier I can continue my study.”


The tree stallions were already in the shop when Fluttershy and her friends arrived. They went to a table and sat across them. “who are those ponies?” one of the stallions asked.

“Those are my friends. Rainbow Dash and Twilight.” Fluttershy said.

“what we’re going to say is something private. So…” an other stallion continued.

Fluttershy already know what would come so she interrupted them. “no. if they can’t hear it, I don’t want to hear it either.”

The last one sighted. He looked at his pals and they both nodded. “okay than” he said. And they leaned a bit forward and began to whisper.

“You all know that Haydrain was one of the best guitarists in Equestria, but it’s not because he had so much skills, sure he had skills but, his blinding fast moves and totally kick ass solos, came from the guitar.”

“Of course, they come from a guitar. You can’t make epic guitar solos with your mouth.” Rainbow Dash joked.

“no, no. what I try to say” the stallion continued “is that the guitar I gave Fluttershy yesterday is enchanted. It’s made of the strongest three in the Everfree Forest. The strings are made of the metallic roots from the Three of Harmony. And, it was al compounded by the Miasma himself.”

“You mean the Miasma, like in the ghost who brings horror and pain wherever it goes?” Twilight asked.

The stallions nodded. “Haydrian bought it but the Miasma betrayed on him. He cast out a spell and cursed the guitar. Haydrian’s soul was bounded to the guitar. Half of his spirit is locked in that guitar. But now he’s death so…”

“so what? What happens than.” Fluttershy asked.

“well, you know if a pony dies, his spirit is free and goes to the afterlife.” one of the stallions continued. “but because a part of his spirit is still in that guitar, he isn’t free. He’s still somewhere between earth and afterlife. In other words, he’s still spooking around. In that guitar.”

“That’s terrible. Is there something we can do about it?” Fluttershy asked.

“I think so. The Miasma said only a mare who truly loved him can break the spell and let his soul be free. And we hope that you’re that mare.” one of the stallions said.

“how can I break the curs.” Fluttershy said.

“I don’t know. The Miasma never said it.” he said.

Fluttershy looked a bit disappointed but than one of the stallions took a paper.

“The Miasma wrote it down.” He said. “it’s written in old Equestrians. We searched for a way to translate it, but without success. I hope that you’ve got more luck with it than us.” He stood up and the two others did the same. “we’re sorry, but we’ve got to leave right now. We wish you good luck.” And the tree stallions left the mares alone.


A few days later, Twilight invited Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy to her house, she had something to say. When the two Pegasus’s arrived, Twilight took a big scroll. “Girls, I’ve got great news. It took a lot of work, but I finally translated the text.”

“What does it say?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“It says that the only way to free Haydrians soul is to bring the guitar to the Miasma, and beat him in a battle with his one rules.” Twilight said.

“That’s it? nothing more?” Rainbow Dash said.

“You don’t know the Miasma, is it?” Twilight asked. Rainbow Dash shook her head. “The Miasma is an evil creature who enjoins to see other ponies suffer. He brings diseases like pestilence. Everything he touches get destroyed. Each footprint of him changes in a dark infertile muck. Celestia tried to banish him from Equestria, but his power was a bit to strong for her. Now he’s locked in the Badlands. The only place were we can meet him is on the top of Mackintosh Hills.” Twilight took a map. “we can take the train to Appleloosa, but than we’ve got to go south-eastward. By foot”

“This sounds like a big adventure.” Rainbow Dash said.

“Do you even realise how dangerous this is?” Twilight asked.

“That’s right” Fluttershy said. “And that’s the reason why I have to do this on my one.”

Twilight and Rainbow Dash stood stunned of Fluttershy’s reaction. “You can’t go on your one. It’s to dangerous.” Twilight said.

“I know, but I don’t want to bring you all in danger.” Fluttershy said.

“Danger is my middle name.” Rainbow Dash said. “If you like it or not, I’m with you.”

“me to.” Twilight said.

Fluttershy looked a bit relieved. It was nice to know that she could count on her friend.

“You can ask Pinkie Pie to watch for your pets while were away.” Twilight said.

“Now, where are we waiting for? Fluttershy, do you have your guitar.” Rainbow said excited.

“Yes.” Fluttershy said. And she pointed at the guitar she was carrying on her back for the whole day by now.

Twilight took a saddlebag whit books and paperwork. And then the tree mares left the library and flew to Sugar Cube Corner first to inform Pinkie Pie. Pinkie promised she would tell the others about there mission and then they flew to the train station.

When the train left Ponyville, Rainbow Dash hung her head out the window “Miasma, here we come.”

Author's Note:

after I saw that there were people who realy read this, i couldn't sleep of excitment, so here's the next part, hope you liked it more than part one.