• Published 30th Mar 2014
  • 478 Views, 12 Comments

run to the hills - Derec mc coy



the best guitarist of Equestria returns to ponyville. princess Twilight never saw him before, but became a good friend. Just as he declairs his love to somepony, things turned dramaticly wrong.

  • ...
18
 12
 478

Rocking joe

Fluttershy ran excited to the library. She called al her friends to com together cause she had great news to tell. She jelled when she saw Applejack walking in Twilight’s house. But she was to far and Fluttershy’s voice was to soft, so Applejack didn’t hear it. She knocked exhausted at the door end didn’t wait for response to enter. She saw Twilight near the door who wanted to open the door, but it wasn’t necessary anymore. “Girls, I’ve got great news.” She said. But then looked around and trailed of a bit. “sorry, I didn’t mean to…”

“Don’t worry about it darling” Rarity said. “Now tell us your great news please. We are dieing to hear it.

Fluttershy looked around, just to be sure everypony was here. “well, guess what, I saw our old friend Joe yesterday. He’s back in Ponyville. And I invited him to come, he can be here every minute.” She said.

“You’ve got to be kidding me. It’s been more than two years ago since we saw him.” Rainbow Dash said. And she made a looping of excitement.

“wait a sec. Who is this ‘Joe’ your talking about?” Twilight asked with a confused look.

“Long tim’go, b’for you came he’e, Joe liv’d he’e in this threehouse.” Applejack explained. “he w’s the best colt you c’ld find. You probably know h’m as ‘Rocking Joe’”

“Do you mean the ‘Rocking Joe’? As in ‘the best guitarist ever’? The idol of the year?” Twilight asked.

“Of course you silly. How many Rocking Joe’s do you know?” Pinkie Pie asked.

“I can’t belief this. The real Rocking Joe lived here, in my house.” Twilight said. “but wait again. You al know Rocking Joe and you never told me?”

Just as Rainbow want to answer that, they heard a hard knock at the door. “That must be him” Fluttershy said, and she trotted to the door and opened it.

In the doorway stood a dark grey pegasus with long brown manes. He was a bit taller than Fluttershy but way stronger as her. He wore a acoustic guitar on his back.

“It really is Rocking Joe” Twilight said. And she shook a bit nervous.

“Well, actually my name is Haydrian Smith.” The stallion said with a deep but soft voice.

“Smith? You’re family of Applejack?” Twilight asked.

“Well, kind of. I’m a far nephew of Granny Smith.” Haydrian explained. He looked a bit round and seemed a bit nervous to. “so… you’re the new owner of the library now?” he asked Twilight.

“Yes, I came here short after you leaved.” Twilight said.

“Anyway” Rainbow said bored of this conversation “how was your tourney Joe?”

“Great. I saw lots of awesome stuff in the big city’s, though. And check out. I’ve got some souvenirs.” Haydrian said and he took a saddlebag and took a few gift’s. “a little snowball of Van Hoover” and he gave the ball to Pinkie. “A satin scarf from Tall Tail.” And he passed the scarf to Rarity. “a new pair of horseshoes from Appleloosa” and he tossed them to Applejack. “Fluttershy? You remember that tiny figurine you had once, but it broke?” ha asked. Fluttershy nodded and started to smile. “Here you’ve got a new one.” And he showed the figurine of two bunnies hopping together. Fluttershy took it and smiled even harder. “and for you Rainbow, the best cider I could find. And he took a bottle and gave it to Rainbow.

“Sweet, real premium apple cider from the Hollow Shades. It’s very rare because no ponies of that town really sells them.” Rainbow Dash said.

Haydrian Smiled but felt immediately guilty when he saw Twilight. He ran out of presents. “heu… Twilight for you… I’ve got a… house key?” He gave a key to Twilight. “It was mine once, but now you live here, so I’ve got to find another house to sleep.”

“How do you mean” Twilight asked.

“Well. I’m getting a little bit bored of al those concerts, so I’m gonna stop for a while. And I think I’m going to stay here in Ponyville.” He explained.

“great. It’s gonna be just like before.” Pinkie Pie said.

“not jet, I still have one performance tomorrow. Here in Ponyville to be exact. And I’ve got tickets for al of you. Even for you Twilight.” He said. And he dole out the tickets. “now, there is one thing I wanted to ask.” He said. “can I sleep over at someone? I’ve got no place to stay for the night.”

“Sure, you can stay at the barn as long as you need to.” Applejack said.

“Great.” He said. He took his guitar from his back and started to play a little riff. “this is a song I’ve been working at for a little time, and I want your opinions about it okay? You’re the first ponies who hear this, and if you like it, it’s gonna be a song for the concert tomorrow.”

The mares came a bit closer and listen very well to the song.

"Take me down to the paradise city,
Where the grass is green and the mares all pretty.
I want you pleas take me home!"

“Haydrian, you’ve overdone yourself this time. It was a terrific song you played.” Rarity said when the song was done.

“It was great” Fluttershy said.

“and that guitar solo was totally kick ass!” Rainbow Dash said. She got a stomp from Applejack who made up a look that Dash had to watch her words. “What?” Rainbow Dash said. “It’s the truth.”


“Why, hello Haydrian. Welcome back. I didn’t know you would come.” Grany Smith came out her rocking-chair when she saw Haydrian and Applejack coming in. “how’re you doing?”

“I’m fine, just a bit tired, so if you don’t mind, I’m going to sleep. I’ve got a big day tomorrow.” Haydrian said. He walked upstairs and tried to find a bedroom.

“That was… weird.” Applebloom said.

“Yup” a big red stallion said. Big Macintosh turned around toward Applejack, waiting for some explanation.

“Please forgive him. He nearly slept last night, and he still has a lot of work to do for tomorrow.” Applejack said.

“but couldn’t he say at least ‘hi’ or something?” Applebloom said. “He just ignored me, and he just arrived here.”

“Belief me if I say he wasn’t ignoring you.” Applejack said. Applebloom gave a puzzled look and Applejack started to smile. “With ‘big day’ he didn’t mean that concert.” Granny and Big Mac now looked confused to.

Applejack started to explained everything what happened that day and what would probably happen tomorrow. After that they al started to smile. “I hope your guess right.” Applebloom said.

“me to” Applejack said.

“Yup”.


The rooster crowed loud when Celestia rose the Sun. But it didn’t wake al the ponies of Sweet Apple Acers. Haydrian already left the barn and was now at the stage where we would perform. He sat up al the instrument of his band mates, who were still in Canterlot for family business, he checked out or the lights were still working, and the curtains moved smoothly, and other important stuff. He was busy with keying his guitar when he noticed there was a mare staring at him.

“uh… hello there, the show starts just over… four hours.” Haydrian said.

The grey pegasus with lemon blond hair flow a bit closer. “I do saw you before… are you the colt of the milk commercial?”

“What? Milk commercial?” he wanted to say something rude but then noticed the pony’s eyes weren’t strait. “uh… what’s your name?”

“I’m Derpy Hooves. And you? Do you like muffins?” the mare asked.

“well yeah” Haydrian said surprised by the question. “Muffins are delicious.”

“Derpy came very close to Haydrian. And started to smile. “good. We can be friend!” she said. And she flew of the stage and walked away.

“that was odd.” Haydrian sighed But just when he wanted to continue his work he heard a cough behind him.

“Mister Rocking Joe?” a green unicorn mare asked. “I know the show isn’t started but I was wondering. Can I have an autograph?”

“sure.” Haydrian said. “do you have a piece of paper or something?” and he took a black felt pen. “on which would you like it?”

“pleas write Bonbon on it.” And she gave a paper to Haydrian.

“here you go Bonbon.” He said.

“oh, my name is Lyra. Bonbon is a good friend of me. And now with this, I can ask her out, and maybe she’s going to be my future marefriend.” the unicorn said and she trotted away.

Haydrian looked confused and he turned around, tried to continue his work, but then saw a call-box appearing out of nothing. A handsome colt stepped out. Haydrian heard the colt talking to his self “Finely! My Tardis is finely fixed!”

Haydrian got a few nervous twitches. “what happened in those years when I was away?"


Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie, Rarity and Applejack stood in front of the crowd. “where is Fluttershy?” Rainbow yelled. “the show is almost over.”

“In the back of this herd. She was to afraid to come over here.” Rarity replied.

It was hard to understand each other because all the mares behind them screamed in there ears.

“before we end this show, our last for the next couple of months, I want to sing a special song for a special mare here in the audience.” Haydrian yelled in the microphone. One of his band mates started to play a little riff. “this mare is so special to that I hope she’s willing to be my special somepony. It’s kind of emotional which is not our normal stile, but uh… well. This is for you Fluttershy!”

The five mares’ eyes grew big when they heard the name ‘Fluttershy’. “I knew it. I was right!” Applejack said.

In the back of the audience Fluttershy heard the song and began to smile. Little teardrops were forming in her eyes. “he… he do?… I love you to Haydrian.” Fluttershy whispered. She ran trough to crowd, trying to come to the front. But all the mares were slowing her down.. She sang along. She even knows why he picked this song.

"Nobody else can see you the same way as myself
Fly high and touch the sky, you're the angel I adore
If only you could feel for me that I feel for you
Why do you ignore me, angel, why can't I go with you"

A long time ago, two or three years before Twilight moved into Ponyville, Haydrian came for the first time in Ponyville. Nopony ever met him before, so Pinkie Pie threw a party to welcome him. Everypony asked him for his special talent. But because he had no guitar at hoof, he couldn’t show up his moves. A few days later, Haydrain was in the library, jamming a bit, when Fluttershy passed. She got intimidated by this song, and that day, she fell in love with him. After that day, she never heard that song again.

“You're an angel witch, you're an angel witch” she sang. Fluttershy wanted to get to the stage as fast as possible to hug his new coltfriend.

“I didn’t knew Haydrian had feelings for Fluttershy.” Rarity said.

“What? C’m on. It was so obvious.” Applejack replied.

Haydrian flapped his wings to mention his guitar solo, but than shook heavily. His eyes tirned weird and he fell on his back. His band mates didn’t knew what to do.

Twilight saw al of this and react immediately. “Rainbow, get nurse Mercy now!” she yelled and ran up the stage.

Rainbow Dash flew of toward the hospital, and the others followed Twilight. “Sorry you can not pas.” One of the guards said.

“I’m a damned princess! Obey my commands and let me in!” Twilight yelled irritated. For the first time she really used the advances of being a princess

The two guards looked anxious at each other “uh… of course sorry princess Twilight we’re so sorry” they said. They let Twilight pas but stopped the other three mares. Haydrian was still shaking a lot but didn’t say anything. When Twilight got to him.

Fluttershy noticed that the music stopped. She stood still And tried to see what happened, cause the song couldn’t be over. Her eyes grew wide when she saw Haydrian on his back. “no!” she yelled. At that moment she remembered that she had wings. She flew up and flew as fast as she could to the stage. She saw a doctor coming up the stage.

“here is he” Rainbow Dash said to nurse Mercy. The nurse ran toward the grey pegasus who stopped shaking around. The nurse sighed when she got to him and stood still.

“what’s wrong? Why don’t you help him?” Twilight asked.

“I’m so sorry. But I can’t help him anymore. He stifled in his one puke. Sorry.” Mercy said.

“NO!” Fluttershy yelled. She heard everything nurse Mercy said. “you’ve got to do something! Please? Isn’t there anything you can do?”

“no. I’m so sorry to tell, but Rocking Joe is death.” Mercy said with tears in her eyes. This was the first patient who died during her shift. And the worst thing of all. She was to late to do something.

Fluttershy wept and trotted to Haydrian.

“You loved him to isn’t it?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Of course I loved him! Are you stupid or what?” Fluttershy shouted. Rainbow was startled by her reaction, but then realised that she just asked the most stupid question she could ask.

“Okay show is over” Rarity said trough the microphone. Al the fans started to leave Ponyville Square.

Fluttershy hugged the lifeless body who was a great guitarist once. Her tears were rolling of her muzzle.

“Come on Fluttershy.” Twilight said. “It’s time to go home.”

Author's Note:

that's it. first chapter, first book. I hope you liked it and that you know a bit about music.