• Published 31st Mar 2014
  • 1,705 Views, 25 Comments

Just another OctaScratch fic - The Batmane of equestria



Octavia loves Vinyl. Vinyl loves Octavia. Will they admit it to eachother?

  • ...
4
 25
 1,705

A pleasant awakening

Octavia blinked her eyes open. She felt the residual effects of a hangover, but nothing too severe, thank Celestia. She felt the warm breath of a sleeping mare on her neck and she noticed a white hoof straddled over her chest. She snuggled into the warm sleeping body behind her. Wait. A white hoof? Sudden hit her like a ton of bricks. I just slept with Vinyl. She shrugged. Better enjoy it while I can. She closed her eyes and snuggled closer. The white unicorn stirred.

"Huh, wassat?" Vinyl mumbled. She realised that she had a grey mare snuggling up to her. "Oh, buck. What happened last night?"

"Don't worry, we didn't do anything." Octavia said.

"Hehe. Wasn't this the reverse of yesterday's situation? You confused about the night before and me reassuring you." Octavia giggled and snuggled even closer. "Umm, Tavi?"

"Mmm?"

"You can stop snuggling me now." Octavia realised what she was doing.

"Oh, ummm, sorry." She moved away and blushed a little.

"It wasn't an order." Octavia blushed harder, eager to change subject, while Vinyl mentally slapped herself. Stupid. What was I thinking?

"So, umm, should I go make breakfast?"

"S-s-s-sure." Real smooth, Vinyl, real smooth.

Octavia walked to the kitchen. Now what should I cook? She opened the fridge to see what was available. She clamped a hoof over her nose and retched. OK. Not the fridge, then. She opened the cupboards and successfully found some cereal packed with copious amounts of sugar. It'll do. She pulled out two bowls and poured the cereal inside, braving the fridge for milk and grabbing two spoons. She carried the bowls into the bedroom and gave one to Vinyl, who instantly tucked in. Octavia sat next to her and they ate in silence.

"Fat penguin." Vinyl said.

"What?"

"Just thought I'd say something to break the ice. Fat penguin." They sat there for a few moments. Then they burst out laughing.

"HAHAHA F-fat penguin! Oh my Celestia that's hilarious!" They finally calmed down about 2 minutes later.

"Well, this morning was awkward. You know, waking up in the same bed together and all." Vinyl said, scratching the back of her head and briefly looking away.

"It's OK. I didn't mind. Me being a fillyfooler and all, I-it was kind of nice." Vinyl gawked. "Oh, umm, I didn't mean to-"

"No, no. I-it's fine. Just not what I expected." Octavia smiled.

"Ok. I'll, um, give you a call sometime and we can go drinking or something."

"Wait. Don't you have a JOB to go to?" Vinyl smirked. Octavia remembered last night. She beamed at her new employer.

"Should I see what 'gigs' I can arrange for you, then?" Vinyl smiled back.

"Go ahead. See if you can get anything for tomorrow."

"No problem, Boss." She winked at Vinyl, earning her a blush.