• Published 31st Mar 2014
  • 1,705 Views, 25 Comments

Just another OctaScratch fic - The Batmane of equestria



Octavia loves Vinyl. Vinyl loves Octavia. Will they admit it to eachother?

  • ...
4
 25
 1,705

What happens shall happen

Vinyl went about her daily duties, paying bills, buying groceries and whatnot. But one thing stayed on her mind. Something that wouldn't budge. Octavia. Vinyl couldn't stop thinking about her. The cheerful face, the unwavering compassion, the elegant curves of her... No. Bad brain. Vinyl froze. Why would I even think that? Is it possible tha- NO! she instantly stopped her train of thought.

Things were no better on Octavia's end of the story. She lay on her mattress, Celestia's sun shining through the window, highlighting the various music awards that donned the window ledge. Beside her lay her phone. She was stuck on whether to call Vinyl or text her or not. She sighed in reminiscence. Butterflies formed in her stomach every time she thought of the energetic mare. She came to a conclusion. I'll arrange to meet her tonight. Maybe at a bar, an environment she may be familiar with. Her phone buzzed. It was Beauty Brass, whom she had spoken to on the phone the previous night, before smashing her phone. She answered.

"What?"

"Hi Octavia." came a nervous reply. "I couldn't contact your other phone. Why is that?"

"Never mind that. What do you want?"

"I, umm, the conductor wants to offer you your job back."

"Is he CRAZY!? He fired me and he expects me to just simply take the job back because he can't find another cellist? I can't say I expected better of him, but from YOU? I'm disappointed. No. I will not take my old job back. I have better things to squander my life with than the conductor and his petty ideals. Good day!" And with that, she ended the call indignantly and slammed the phone onto the bed, the mattress thankfully cushioning the strike.

She huffed and slammed a hoof on her bedside table. She then noticed the number on a scrap of paper near her hoof. Vinyl. She grabbed her phone and dialled the number. "Hey Vinyl. Do you want to go drinking tonight?"


Vinyl arrived at the bar. It was a small place, but a good one nonetheless. She opened the door and spotted a sulking Octavia staring at her whiskey. Guess I've got a drinking buddy. Or it could be more than a buddy. SHUT UP BRAIN! "Heya Tavi." Vinyl beamed.

"Hey, Vinyl." Octavia muttered.

"Wassamatter?"

"I got an offer to get my old job back." Octavia sighed.

"That's great! Why are you sad?"

"I declined." It took Vinyl a few seconds to register what she had said.

"You WHAT!?"

"I declined. He can't just fire me and instantly expect me to come crawling back." She picked up her whiskey and downed it in one gulp. "Do you... Do you know where I can get a job?" She almost sobbed.

"I'm sorry. No, I don't." Octavia was about to cry when Vinyl had an idea. "Wait. Tavi, I need a manager to help me set up my gigs because it's really hard to do during the day when I'm doing my daily business. Why don't you become my manager?" Octavia was shocked.

"I-I... You... You really mean it?" Vinyl smiled reassuringly at Octavia.

"Yes. Of course. You also receive 50% of my profits." Octavia leapt out of her seat and grabbed Vinyl in a bone-crushing hug.

"Thatnkyouthankyouthankyou!" she shouted. Vinyl was struggling to breathe.

"Tavi....Need...To...Breathe...Gak!" Octavia let go instantly.

"OhmygoshI'msosorry." she let out. "I was just a bit excited to have a job."


"No problem. Next drink's on me." They talked the rest of the night away into the early hours of the morning, laughing at bad puns, talking about their lives and really trying to ignore that part of their brain that was sending them strange and erotic thoughts about the other.

Some time around 3 in the morning, they staggered out of the bar, to the disappointment of the bartender who had become 1000 bits richer due to them buying a lot of alcohol. The stumbled down the road, leaning against eachother to stay up straight.

Just outside the flat, Octavia stumbled and tripped, landing on her back. She and Vinyl stayed there for a few seconds. Then they simultaneously burst out laughing. After a while, they calmed down, still giggling in their inebriated state. Vinyl extended a hoof to help her to her feet. Octavia had other plans. She grabbed the hoof, but instead of using it to help her get up, she pulled Vinyl to the ground. Vinyl landed on her, bounced off a little and landed on her back next to Octavia. They started laughing again.

They lay there on the ground, giggling and looking at the stars. They both sighed.

"Wow, Tavi. They're so beautiful and shiny." Vinyl finally said. If she was sober, she would have stopped there. But in her inebriated state, she said "Just like your eyes." She clamped a hoof around her mouth. Octavia giggled.

"I never took you for a poetic type, Vinyl."

"I didn't mean to say that. It just came out." Who am I trying to convince? Me? Or her? They both lay there for another few minutes, adiring Luna's stars. "I think we should head inside."

"Good idea."

After two minutes of attempting to find the key to the door, Octavia criticising her for having the key in her two-toned hair, and then trying to unlock the door, they finally entered the flat and collapsed on the floor. After crawling to Vinyl's bedroom, they climbed onto the bed. As soon as their head hit the pillow, they were asleep.