• Published 31st Mar 2014
  • 1,704 Views, 25 Comments

Just another OctaScratch fic - The Batmane of equestria



Octavia loves Vinyl. Vinyl loves Octavia. Will they admit it to eachother?

  • ...
4
 25
 1,704

prologue

Vincenza Staccato.

Her friends just call her Vinyl Scratch. Not that she minds. It suits her. Vinyl is an aspiring DJ, already making a name for herself in the Canterlot club scene.

Octavia Philharmonica.

Her friends just call her Octavia Philharmonica. She doesn't like this. She thinks that it's about time someone gave her a nickname at least. Her name was so long and boring. She, contrary to Vinyl, is decreasing in popularity after her terrible performance at the Grand Galloping Gala where a mysterious, energetic pink mare had tricked her into playing the 'Pony Pokey'. This was frowned upon by the Canterlot elite. She now struggles to find work.

We begin our story on an average day with average weather and average ponies with average lives and average families. Except a select few. Vinyl Scratch paced down the streets to her next gig, her electric blue mane bobbing up and down to a beat only she could hear, her amethyst glasses somehow staying on her muzzle. Up and down and up and down and up and down and up and... you get the idea. Back to the story. She kept a moderate pace, careful not to bump into ponies on their daily business. Her next gig, due to start in 4hrs 20mins, was being held at the Hard Clop Cafe. I wonder if they realised what they had called the place before it became popular. Hehe. Clop. Hehe. She smacked herself for thinking like that, drawing the attention of any passers-by. She ignored them. Bad brain. she thought. Bad, bad, bad brain. No treat for you.

She arrived at the joint. May as well help them set up the equipment. She entered to find very few people there. Figures. she thought. It's only 2:40 now anyway. She moved over to the set-up crew and started to wire up her turntables.

On the other side of town, Octavia was on the phone. "Listen, Beauty. I can't make the rehearsal tonight...No, no. It's nothing like that...I-I...Wait, WHAT!?...I-I understand...Thanks, Beauty." The rather annoyed mare hung up and threw her phone against the wall, shattering it immediately. I can't make one rehearsal, ONE rehearsal, and the conductor fired me. I'm not surprised, after that Gala fiasco. She sighed and planted a hoof on her face. I need a drink. Then she remembered. She hadn't stocked up on booze. Buck she thought. Guess I'll have to go out tonight then. I've got it! The Hard Clop Cafe! I'll make a reservation. Wait. My phone... she glanced at the smashed remnants of her phone, a Marekia Brick. I bet even Buck Norris would have trouble breaking it like that. She pulled out a backup phone from her saddlebags. Always keep a spare. She dialed the Hard Clop Cafe and made her reservation.