• Published 29th Mar 2014
  • 592 Views, 12 Comments

Captured - Never2muchpinkie



Princess Harmony Spark is captured by thugs. Can she use her wits to escape?

  • ...
3
 12
 592

Redemption

Solar Star was in his chamber, a testament to his ego. It was set up like a room where royalty lived, with an overly long hallway that ended in stairs, a red carpet all the way through which ended upon a throne. He sat in it, laughing to himself at the days business. Ten! Ten buyers already. All of them well known and filthy rich. Even though only four days had passed the news of the princesses disappearance was already making the rounds. The upcoming auction would be the wonder of all wonders. Billions of bits on a single transaction. Why hadn’t he considered it before, to go after a princess? All those small-time ponies he had been capturing and selling, and all he had to do all this time was find something of bigger value.

The door to his chamber suddenly opened. It was pretty dark inside at the moment as he wasn’t expecting anyone. “Who is it? Rocky, Butch, is that one of you? What do you want?”

Footsteps echoed in the chamber, but no answer came. Hopping off his throne he started walking toward the unknown party. “I hope this isn’t your idea of a joke. Stop trying to be all mysterious. It’s pathetic!”

“Very well, then!” came a female voice. With a bright purple glow her face was lit up.

“You!” Solar Star utter in shock, echoing her earlier surprise.

His horn glowed, but nothing happened. “Too late!” she cried out. Conjuring up a crystal sword from her imagination she gave him a slash. Blood splashed onto the floor, blending in with the red of the rug. She gave him a mighty kick, knocking him to the ground, then put a hoof on his chest, pushing down hard.

“H-how?” he garbled. “How did you escape?”

With tranquil fury she said in a composed voice, “Don’t they say that if you want something done right you should do it yourself? Your men were too gullible for their own good.”

“They would never just let you go. And your magic was sealed.”

Though the anger remained in her eyes, an amused smile came to her lips. “You really are dim, aren’t you? You think I’ve made it through harrowing situations with magic alone? I am the Princess of Imagination. You think that applies simply to my magical ability to cause what I see in my mind to appear in the real world. But why do I have that power, when none of the other princesses do? Because I have a powerful imagination. When I was younger I could always fully get into the games I played with my friends because my imagination was so strong I could play any part perfectly. It felt like our games were real.

"It’s almost insulting how much you underestimate me, but I prefer it that way. Because I get excited easily, because I talk too much, because I brought back and attempted to befriend King Sombra... you made a lot of assumptions about me. You seem to be under the delusion that I’m stupid, childlike, naïve, and foolish. And you’re right. I am all those things to some degree. However, not nearly to the extent you think I am. And because of that it only makes it easier to make others drop their guard around me. And that’s when I strike back.

“I took care of your men already. I let them think that they had gotten to me... that I was surrendering and giving up. I played the part of the submissive servant, and I saw their attitude toward me shift accordingly. Then I acted like I was deteriorating further, starting to act like a little kid, before winding up acting like a toddler.

"And the further away from my persona I got, the more uncomfortable they became. They started letting me have freedoms that you had surely banned them from giving. Like letting me out of my cell, and removing that electricity jewel you attached to my chest. Too bad. But even early on I was acting. 'Noble blood?' There is nothing 'noble' about blood. I am not more special than anypony else simply because I’m a princess. I view all ponies as equals.”

Her eyes narrowed as she gave him a hateful expression. “With the exception of scum like you. What you did is unforgivable. You don’t deserve to live, you monster. Magic isn’t good enough here. I want to take my revenge with my own hooves.” Grabbing her sword out of the air she raised it up high. “Any last words?” She could see the fear and terror in his eyes as he begged for his life. “Too late!” she said coldly as she slammed the sword down with a mighty clang.

Solar Star had closed his eyes as she swung the sword. He heard the sound of metal hitting metal right next to his ear. He opened his eyes to see a playful amusement on her features, perplexing him.

Her horn started glowing as she concentrated. “Yeah, right,” she said with a laugh. “I wouldn’t kill you.”

Solar Star saw his wound glowing, and the pain started going away as his injury sealed. He looked at her suspiciously. “What’s this all about?”

“Silly Solar Star. I guess you really don't know that much about me. I believe in the goodness of every pony. Your men have started to see the error of their ways and were ready to release me. They’ll improve and become productive members of the Crystal Empire. You’re going to take some more time, I can tell, but I know there’s a good pony in you too. You just have to let him out.”

“Nonsense!” he screamed.

“If I could help a pony like King Sombra improve after all he did to the crystal ponies, then I know I can help you too. But first things first.” Her horn began to glow purple again, and she placed the gem upon him. “I don’t want to hurt you, but this is just insurance. I think we should have a little chat, you and I. Like why don’t you tell me about the ponies coming to this auction of yours, and your clients in the past. That will be the first step toward improving yourself.”

Seeing he didn’t have much of a choice in the matter he started with, “Well, there are ten ponies coming.”

“Ten!” She let out a whoop. “That makes thirteen ponies I get to help in total. I just love to help ponies improve and see their better sides!” She continued jumping for joy. Nothing would ever break her spirit or stop her from trying to help others. She would keep forging ahead, doing all she could to make as many friends as possible, and prove to everyone that there was no pony beyond redemption. She would never stop believing that.

“This is going to be the best week ever!” she said brightly as she looked adoringly at Solar Star.

Comments ( 10 )

YAY IM THE FIRST ON TO LEAVE A COMMENT!! I LOVE THIS STORY, YOU GET, A FOLLOW, A FAVORITE, AND A SMILY FACE :pinkiehappy:

4150281
And so shall you~ :pinkiecrazy:

4150405 YAY, now I have 20 followers, thank you.:twilightsmile:

She's a gorgeous princess.

4333493 why thank you for complimenting my OC!!

I was a bit scared for a minute, but not now! great story dude, really enjoyed it!:twilightsmile:

5942554 Thank you, as always, for your support. :pinkiehappy:

This is good.

Login or register to comment