• Published 29th Mar 2012
  • 3,128 Views, 51 Comments

My Little Dashie: The Colours of Love - RainbowDangerDash97



Rainbooms are more than just Rainbow Explosions..

  • ...
6
 51
 3,128

Always your little Dashie

It has been seventeen years. Seventeen years of your world, and..I guess a few in Equestria. But that didn't matter. I can't recall the last time I saw your face, Dad. I can't remember the last time I heard your voice. All that is left in my memory, is the time we parted.

Your face was stained with tears. The bitter tears in my eyes were stinging like nettles, blinding my sight partially. I dont even remember how you look like. Celestia only kept your presence in my mind, and nothing else.

But I know you can remember me. I know you remember better than I can. I know, somewhere deep inside, I'm alive and present in your heart.

After all those years, I just only wanted to say, Dad - Thank you. You were always there when I needed you. Always there to console me when I was trapped in my misery each night. Always there to cheer me up, when I felt down. Always there....to care for me during my younger years.

Dad, there is no way I can express my gratitude. You're the very meaning of awesome, even more awesome than the plane-stunt show we watched one Christmas. I hope you understand, Dad. I love you.



"Rainbow Dash," a coffee pegasus called out. She stared down to the pegasus, who was crawled up in a ball, staring at the night sky. "It's your turn."

Rainbow Dash shivered furiously.

The pegasus glared at her. "I said," she repeated. "It's your turn. Your number came up."

Rainbow Dash shook her head. She remembered the last time she had a performance here. She did manage to pull off a Sonic Rainboom, save Rarity's life, hang out with the Wonder-bolts, and win the "Best Flier" award. But that was dumb luck. She knew she couldn't do another Sonic Rainboom. All her training efforts failed.

"Do you want to do this, or do I have to mark you with 0 points?" the pegasus asked once more, her stern glare fixed upon the poor filly.

Rainbow Dash sighed. "Coming," she muttered.

She stepped into the stadium.

"Rainbow Dash! Rainbow Dash! Rainbow Dash!"

The crowds cheered like lunatics, when she stepped out. They remembered her brave act, and they especially remembered her Sonic Rainboom.

Rainbow bit her lower lip. It was not going to be so easy.

"Let's see you make a foal of yourself, Rainbow Crash!" the bullies shouted, cupping their hooves around their mouths, for a louder effect.

Rainbow Dash straightened her wings, sticking them out. She fell into her position, before pushing off the ground, propelling herself up into the air, with her wings.

She floated in the air, wings flapping. She shot a quick glance to her friends, who were cheering her on - the loudest, Fluttershy.

"Don't worry, Rainbow Dash!" Twilight cried out. "You'll do it! Just focus!"

"Yeah, she's right, sugarcube," AppleJack joined in. "Don't mind these bullies - they know yer better than 'em!"

Her other friends encouraged her as they did, shouting all sorts of advice and tips.

Rainbow Dash waved at them, before bolting up to the top of the stadium. "Don't worry guys! I gotcha!"

"The routine...the routine..." she whispered to herself.

She swooped down, to a long array of cloud pillars.

"We're right behind you, darling!" Rarity shrieked. "Try your best, okay?"

Rainbow Dash nodded. I can do this. I've done it before, I can do it again

She bit her lip, and rubbed both hooves onto each other. I'm ready!

But as soon as she got to the second pillar, she went off course, and smashed against a wall.

The bullies scornfully laughed, mocking her as they did. "Best flier, huh?" someone asked.

"Ooh," Twilight muttered. "That must've hurt." She shouted to Rainbow, "Are you okay?"

Rainbow Dash nodded. She was fine, just a bit dizzy. Shaking her head clear of it, she carried on to her next part of the routine.

She shot upwards, to a group of clouds.

Around and around the first one she went, so fast nopony in the crowd could see her.

She repeated her steps, on the following clouds.

But in her mind, she heard the bullies' jeers and mockery.

"Ha! She calls herself the Best Flier? More like Best Liar."

"Yeah, Rainbow Crash. How much money did you spend on your hospital bills?"

"Hahahahahahahaha!"

She bit her lip, but smashed into the wall. AGAIN.

The laughter started all over again. The crowd gasped, biting their hooves in anxiety for the filly.

Rainbow Dash grunted, and shouted to her friends, "I can't do it!"

"Yes, you can!" Twilight shouted back. "Believe in yourself, Rainbow! You did it last time - you can do it again."

Pinkie Pie screamed over the wind, "Do it for us, Dashie!"

"Do it for yerself," AppleJack added.

"Do it for Equestria," Fluttershy whispered.

"Do it for your Dad!" Rarity screamed.

Tears welled up in Rainbow's eyes, as she heard her unicorn friend say, "Dad."

One by one, millions of pictures and memories flashed through her mind.

A tear dropped from her cheek, despite her efforts and holding it back.

Dad.I've never found a way to tell you how much I love you. I never found a way to tell you how grateful I am. Dad, I will do this for you!

Rainbow Dash turned to the crowd. With a burning zeal, she bolted upwards.

As she gained speed, she thought more and more of her Dad. How much she missed him. How much she loved him. How much she wished she could be with him.

Tears reached her eyes, not of sorrow OR joy, but rather because of all the force she exerted into her act.

Pushing herself to the limits, she zoomed up miles above the stadium, so fast a thin white layer was now forming near her front hooves. When high enough, she swooped down, the layer becoming bigger and bigger.

Dad....daddy...dad. She could not get that word out of her head. As if she were running away from something, she pushed harder, and harder.

Her friends gasped, eyes twinkling with excitement. The white layer was now rather thick, and bright red.

Rainbow Dash lost control of what she was doing. Her mind was completely somewhere else now, somewhere in the strange world of human beings. Humans who loved ponies, and humans who couldn't see the fuss over them. I love you, Dad!

The words echoed in her head, as she shouted them at herself, even though her mouth didn't move.

Immediately, a large explosion was heard, mixed with the excited cries of joy, wonder, awe and admiration from the crowd. The six colours of the rainbow spread across the sky, as everypony looked on.

Rainbow Dash collapsed to the ground, exhausted. That was the biggest Rainboom she had done so far. Everypony in Equestria saw it - whether in Ponyville, Canterlot, Manehatten or Fillydelphia. But she had no idea how big it was. She had no idea, that not only ponies were looking at her masterpiece.

-----

"Look there!" someone cried out, pointing a finger at a distant colour in the sky.

As the Rainboom swept over the Earth, more and more humans gathered, staring on with wonder.

"It's almost just like Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom!" another cried out.

"Yeah, too bad it isn't, though," another groaned.

But only one knew what it really was or where it came from.

Amongst the human crowd, was a middle-aged man. He was wearing a Rainbow Dash hoodie, and held a hand-stitched Rainbow Dash plushie in his hands. He couldn't believe his eyes. Just as he despaired that she had forgotten him, she had done it. Rainbow Dash...had done a Sonic Rainboom.

His heart exploded twice, as memories flashed back into his mind. "Dashie..." he muttered, staring at the Rainboom with a fatherly love. Tears formed in his eyes. "MY little Dashie..."

-------

Rainbow Dash panted, wiping the sweat off her forehead.

"You did it, Rainbow! See, I told you could do it," Twilight cried out, going out to meet her friend.

"Thanks, guys," Rainbow panted. "You were all *pant* awesome."

Pinkie Pie shouted, "Oh, come here, Rainbow!"

She enforced Rainbow and the other mane six into a group hug.

"You did it, Rainbow Dash," Rarity muttered. "I knew you would, darling."

"I think this will make quite a letter to the Princess," Twilight declared. She turned to Rainbow Dash. "Rainbow - do you want to write the letter?"

"Oh..uh.." Rainbow confessed. She stood up. "Sorry, Twi. I sorta have another letter to write."

Dear Dad,

Thank you for being there for me. I hope you saw the Sonic Rainboom I did in your honor - really, I couldn't have done it without you. Thanks, Dad.

I'm trying my hardest not to be sappy - because that's just not cool - but it's hard to, when being honest. Dad, thank you for all the inspiration - for all the motivation you've given me these past few years.

You didn't think I'd forget you, did you, Dad? Because just remember - even though I've grown up now, I'll always be --

Your Little Dashie.

Lots of Love,

Rainbow Dash xxx