• Published 27th Mar 2014
  • 1,732 Views, 21 Comments

Wings - The Infinity Doctor



Rumble and Thunderlane were just a normal pair of brothers, living a normal life- when a biped falls out of the sky, their lives change drastically.

  • ...
3
 21
 1,732

Chapter 5

'Ow...oh my god...what happened? Feels like I got run over by a freight train...'

My back spasmed as I tried to sit up, and was surprised as something hard gently pushed me back to the floor.
'What in the-'

Everything was fuzzy as I slowly blinked, my eyes adjusting to the light. I could hear two- no, three voices talking, they were close by the sound of it; I couldn't quite hear what they were talking about, it sounded garbled, like a bad phone connection. I slowly moved my hand to my forehead, rubbing it as a sharp pain made it throb- I stopped as something hard blocked my hand, sticking out of my forehead. The darkness cleared from my vision as I opened my eyes again; and was thoroughly surprised when I found I was surrounded by three horses, all of them with a pair of wings.

'What the hell?'

I looked down, upon feeling a draft, and realized I was stark naked- I quickly pulled the blanket covering me over my body, feeling heat rush to my face.

'What the hell happened to my skin? It's almost like...fur...'

The smaller black horse said something to the larger, I couldn't make it out, I heard it clear enough, I just couldn't make sense of it- the larger black horse replied to whatever the smaller had said, cocking an eyebrow at me.

'How the hell are they talking? Why do they have wings? Is this a dream?'

A better question was- why the hell wasn't I freaking out about this?

I turned my attention to the last horse in the room, the horse squeaked and hid behind its pink mane.

"Who are you? Where am I?" I asked, feeling ridiculous as I realized I was talking to the talking horses.

'Yeah...there is no way this is real'

The horse with the mohawk (I somehow resisted the urge to burst into laughter), said something again, which made the yellow and pink horse squeak again. The mare (I think she was a mare...) nervously walked towards me, a thermometer in her teeth.

'Yeah, that's sanitary'

"What?"

The mare said something in that strange language, barely above a whisper.

"You want to take my temperature?" I asked, pointing to the thermometer.
She nodded hesitantly, and walked closer.

'Well sure, why not? I'm probably going to wake up from this any moment'

I rolled my eyes as I opened my mouth, letting the mare place one end of the thermometer under my tongue.

I looked to my right as I saw the smaller, black horse approaching- he said something in a nervous tone, and looked to the older one, as if for assistance. The older pegasus nodded, and the small one turned back to me, I think he repeated the same thing he said before, and practically thrust one of his hooves in my face.

I gave him a confused look, he returned it, and once again, asked the older one a question.
The mohawk replied in the same questioning tone of voice, his ears flicking backwards for a brief second before returning to their forward positions.

The yellow mare said asked something, looking right at me. I looked at her in confusion as I tried once more to sit up, her hoof gently pushed me back, and took the thermometer out of my mouth. She checked it, and went back to her bag, she talked to the older pegasus before walking back to me. She looked thoughtful for a moment, before catching my attention- I watched as she rolled her hoof in a circular motion in the air.

"You want me to turn over?" I asked.
Her ears splayed back, and she made the motion again.

"Uh...sure, I guess..."
I rolled onto my side, being sure to preserve modesty with the blanket.
The mare gently pulled the blanket back, exposing my backside as I blushed. I heard three collective gasps, the three horses staring at me.
"What?" I asked.
The mare shook herself out of her stupor, then asked something.

"I can't underst-"
'Well that was pointless, I can't tell them I don't understand them if they don't understand
me...'

I yelped in pain as I felt the mare tug on my back.
Her tone of voice was apologetic as she tugged lightly once more.

'What is she doing?' I thought, looking behind me.

My jaw dropped as I spied two cream-colored wings stemming out from my shoulder blades, one was contracted, closed as it was huddled against my back, the other was partially spread, the yellow horse's hoof lay on it.

'What. The. Hell.'

"When did I grow wings? How did I grow wings?" I questioned.
They didn't understand.
"Why can't I understand you?"
The mare tilted her head.

My head fell flat on the pillow as I closed my eyes, hoping to shake myself out of whatever nightmare this was. Something hard hit the floor, it felt like it was attached to my head, making me wince as I shut my eyes tighter. I hesitantly opened my eyes, afraid of what I might see- I lifted my hand to the object, the long, serated object felt almost like a cone, the base tapering into a blunt tip. I crossed my eyes as I looked up, trying to catch sight of the object, I succeeded, and felt dread and regret take over.

'A...horn...I went and grew a horn...'

Nope. Nopenopenope. That's it, I'm out.

X X X X X X X

I watched the mare, or more specifically, the alicorn, as she curled into a ball, sobbing softly into her ho- hands, into her hands.

"Are you alright?" I asked, walking closer.
"I-I- don't think she is..." Fluttershy said, pointing to the mare's wings "some of the bones in her wings are fractured, I could set this if it was a bird's wing, but...I can't..."
"It's alright, Fluttershy" I sighed "Well...we'd better work on getting her to the hospital..."
"Do we have to move her?" Rumble asked "Why can't we just go get a doctor and bring 'em back here?"
"I already tried that- they didn't believe me, that's why I had to find Fluttershy"

I flinched and turned to her.

"No offense..."
"None taken..." she replied quietly.

"So how are we going to get her to the hospital?" Rumble asked.

'That's a good question-'

I thought for a moment, then face-hooved when I realized we were in a cloud house.

"Rumble, help me with this" I said, approaching the mare.
"What are we going to do?" he asked.
"We can manipulate clouds, we'll just move the part of the floor she's sitting on, and push
it to the hospital"
Rumble gave a wide smile as he trotted to the other side of the mare. We dug our forehooves into the floor, the cloud gave way, and the respective sides slowly lifted into the air, Rumble went to another part of the floor and pulled, lifting that section up as well. We went on like that, until we had the entire section of the floor as a separate cloud, the mare resting on it.

'At least she stopped crying...'

The mare looked curiously over the side of the bed, then squeaked as she realized she was in the air. She looked at me curiously, and I smiled sheepishly, she then said something in that language of hers, questioningly, pointing downward.

'Seriously, what language is that, anyway?'

I replied by pointing to the blanket she covered herself with.
She replied by taking a hooful of the blanket in her...fist? I think that's it...
I nodded, and she looked at me curiously. I had to pantomime to show her she needed to hide herself, pretending to throw a blanket over my head.
She finally understood, and balled up underneath the blanket, pulling it over her head.

'Well...here goes nothing...' I thought, pushing the cloud down, into the airspace below the house.

X X X X X X X

'This is officially the weirdest day of my life...' I thought, curled underneath the blanket as the older, black pegasus pushed it.

'Kidnapped by a bunch of talking horses...'

I felt the cloud being moved for what felt like ages, it suddenly stopped, and I heard a second female voice, louder than the yellow mare's. The stallion with the mohawk replied quickly, and the smaller black horse joined in, apparently backing the older stallion's
claim.

'Where are they taking me?' I wondered, debating whether I should risk peeking out from under the blanket.

We stopped once more, and the voice of the older pegasus rang out once more. Another voice replied to him, distinctly female- the pegasus argued back, putting in his two cents.

The blanket suddenly lifted, revealing the face of the smaller pegasus. He said something in a comforting tone, his eyes shifting to the left. He was almost pushed out of the way as a white-coated horse appeared in my vision, a tiny hat with a red cross on it.
The mare turned and said something out of my range, and felt myself being pushed further into the hospital.

X X X X X X X

"Will she be alright?" I asked, looking to Thunderlane.
"I don't know...I guess we'll have to wait and see"

My ears slapped against my head as we watched the blanket covered cloud being pushed into the hospital.

'I wonder if she'll be okay...'