• Published 28th Apr 2014
  • 1,453 Views, 49 Comments

Settling in - Honest Wisdom



I get Kidnapped by pastel colored ponies and turned into a mythical Creature

  • ...
12
 49
 1,453

Pinkie parties

I ruffled my wings in anticipation. The fire in the palm of my hand flickered in and out. I looked up at the mosaic of Discord's defeat. I wasn't allowed down here. But no one was telling me anything. I'll just have to find out myself. I growled in frustration, my concentration still wasn't enough to keep the fire going. I looked around and spotted a bowl of oil. Perfect.

I ran over and lit it. The light hurt my eyes. I looked at the mosaic and gasped. Gryphons. Fighting along side the ponies. My face lit up as I turned around in a circle. I skip around from joy.

My gaze fell on another section of the wall and my grin faded. Chains holding down the Gryphons. Other Gryphons leading them down into mines. I backed away in fear. in the mines the Gryphons in chains were forced to use their magic to sap away the earths gems and stones. The Air Mages were slaughtered for their 'uselessness'. Fire mages plucked away from their families from young ages and raised with murderous intent.

I stumble away and back into a statue. I yelp in fear. The statue Towered over me with a somber look on her face. I glanced down at the inscription.

"Our Final Warmage, Gaia, who fought for all the Creatures on the Makers green earth. Her sacrifice will never be forgotten." I felt confused. Who was she? what did she do? Why were the Mages being oppressed after helping fight Discord?

"What are you doing down here?" A large cloaked figure loomed over me. "Little Hatchlings like you shouldn't stray too far from the nest."

I gulped. "Gee, look at the time ,got to go!" I flew off as fast as I could, my tiny wings buzzing as fast as they could.


I walked timidly towards the bakery. No biggie. Just a party. Filled with loud, obnoxious noises. And people. So many People. I quivered. Normally the fact wouldn't bother me but lately I'd found that my senses were a lot sharper than the average Pony's. So it wasn't going to be very fun seeing as the party was probably going to be filled with loud noises. I opened the door prepared for any and all possible sounds.

I was not expecting a one pony band wearing giant sunglasses and flippers. "SURPRISE!!!!" fortunately I had tamed the Teleportation reflex. Pinkie started bouncing circles around me excitedly. my mouth hung open in shock, I barely registered what she was saying. "...But really what could top that?"

"There's... a tiny alligator... chewing on your hair."

"Uh-huh! This is Gummy! Oh I almost forgot! I have to introduce you to every pony!"

She grabbed me and started to drag me around the room. She rattled off names faster than I could process them. "...And Bon-Bon and Lyra and Octavia and Screwball and Rarity and Twilight! She's Princess Celestia's Personal student! Well she was, until She got caught in this awesome spell that turned her into an Alicorn! And then Mph-mumph...!" A lavender Hoof corked her mouth.

"Um... Pinkie? Maybe you should let Wisdom adjust first." Twilight forced a smile.

"Mumph-umph!" Twilight removed her hoof. Pinkie bounced away.

I hugged her. "Thank you!" I held her at arms length. "I wasn't sure how much more I could stand."

Twilight giggled. "Pinkie Pie has that effect on people. Her Special Talent is throwing Parties."

My feathers settled. I didn't even realize they were ruffled. "Still, a bit much don't you think?"

"It's just Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie. Oh I love this song." She started to dance, or at least something vaguely related to dancing. Her legs flailed randomly and I ended up retreating into a corner to avoid being pummeled.

I looked over the party to find a path to the Buffet table. "Hiya Wisdom!" Pinkie appeared seemingly out of nowhere and blew a noisemaker right in my ear. or at least I think it was my ear. My anatomy is all messed up now.

I jumped a few feet into the air and tumbled into a heap. Why must there be so much noise. My vision was suddenly clouded by white. The Unicorn Mare held out a hoof. "Oh dear, are you alright?"

I stretched and my bones crackled. I groaned in pain. "Just Dandy." She helped me back up to my feet. "Thanks." I murmured.

"I'm terribly sorry about that, Pinkie an be a bit much at the best of times. Don't worry, you'll get used to it. Rarity" She offered

"Wisdom." I respond.

She examined my fur and opened my wings. "Hmmm... I almost never get to work with this color, Or a Gryphon for that Matter. You should Swing by my Boutique some time. I'll make make you something to show off to that special somepony in your life~" She Said.

I giggled. "I don't have one... or any money for that matter."

"Oh, Pfft. It's free. It'll be an excellent experience just to make it." She Posed. "That dress is going to be Fabulous~!"

I smiled. She seemed nice. "Sure. I'll stop by." She made a squee sound and hugged me tightly. Free back adjustment. She strutted off happily.

"Oh come on!" The blue pegasus flew up to me. "the First Gryphon to come to Ponyville since Gilda and she jumps at the chance to be girled up by our Resident fasionista! I thought you were cool!"

I blinked. "I'm not allowed to be awesome and have a guilty pleasure of wearing pretty dresses."

"NO!"

I glanced around. "Now I'm confused."

"Gah! FORGET IT!" The Pegasus flew off angrily.

"Ignore her." An Orange Earth pony trotted over to me. "AppleJack." she pointed at herself. "Rainbow Dash is just a mite..."

"Hot-headed? TomColtish? Anti-frilly?"

"All of the above." She shrugged. "I don't understand what all the fuss is about. if I can sit though one of Rarity's fashion binges so can She."

I smiled. "I'm actually excited to see what she makes. It'll be worth standing still for hours on end."


I stood poised in an attack position, reared up on my hind legs and splayed out my claws. Father paced in circles around me, correcting every mistake he saw. "You're balance is off."

"Father..."

"Hush! you need to concentrate on your form. show me the Quick Claw." I lowered myself to the ground keeping my hindlegs in the same place. I curled one claw and pulled it close to my chest. In the blink of an eye, it shot out and raked three parallel lines down the side of the battle dummy's chest. "Strike to kill." i repeated the action and slashed the neck of the dummy. "Perfect. Again, the other claw this time."


"You alright?" I blinked. I hadn't realized I'd zoned out. Applejack had a concerned look on her face.

I forced a smile. "Just dandy!"

Author's Note:

I like writing Pinkie, she's random and fun. I can't quite get AppleJack though. Her accent is hard to write.

Next I'm going to use a bit of the Season Finale. There were just so many Explosions. It was so beautiful!