• Published 28th Apr 2014
  • 1,453 Views, 49 Comments

Settling in - Honest Wisdom



I get Kidnapped by pastel colored ponies and turned into a mythical Creature

  • ...
12
 49
 1,453

Fun with Friends

I feel a slight poke in my side. I roll over and scratch my belly. "Wisdom?"

"Five more minutes." I snore.

"You're blocking the door." I crack open an eyelid, Fluttershy hides behind her hair. "It's alright,"

I stand and stretch. "I guess I was tired." I smooth out my feathers and yawn. "Going somewhere?" I curl up on my bed ready to go back to sleep.

"Oh, Applejack asked me if I could swing by today." She tapped her chin with a hoof. "And I have a spa day with Rarity. then Pinkie has a party planned, and I need to Feed my animals."

Something tells me that her list is a heck of a lot longer than that. I figure she could use some help to shorten the list, even if it's just by one. "I can take care of that." Her eyes widen. "Don't worry, I won't eat any of them."

"Umm..." She traces a hoof over the wooden floor. She mumbles something incoherent. I raise an eyebrow. "You might frighten some of them. I mean...you're really big... A Lot bigger than some of the other gryphons I've met..."

I sigh. "Fluttershy, I'm pretty sure that if they can handle Discord they can handle little old me."


"Demon spawn!" I dodged another attack from the army of woodland creatures. Angel bunny had rallied them against me. They were now firing Acorns and pebbles at me. "Eat your dinner already!" A pile of a suspicious brown substance wizzed past my head. it smacked "That's it!"

I grabbed the carrot and charged the barrier. The bunny general shouted orders at his troops. I leaped over the barrier and grab the bunny. He squirmed and made squeaking sounds. He tries to bite down on my hand and gets a Mouthful of carrot. I drop him and he attacks the carrot with gusto.

I sigh. The rabbits go back to their activities that don't involve a coup. I swear that rabbit is the devil incarnate. A few birds had sided with me but those were few and far between.

I flex my wings. The feathers are all crooked and there's dirt and twigs sticking out of them. They're starting to itch and there's gunk in between I pluck some out and yelp. The bunny looks at my wings and points at the bookshelf. I roll my eyes at him. "I'm not interested in reading right now." He facepaws. I watch as the tiny rabbit hops over to the book shelf and points at a specific book. Following his instructions, I take the book and look at the title. Preening for dummies. I glare at him. "Nice to know what you think of me."

I open the book and start reading.


I expertly plucked another twig from my wing with my beak. My left wing is picked clean of every offending bit of dirt. I flap it a few times. Good as new. I start on the next wing. There's a knock on the door and the animals all freeze. The door flies open and a bright pink pony bounces in. "Ohmycelestia! I heard there was a new gryphon in town and I got so excited! What's your name?!? I'm Pinkie! Why are you staying in Fluttershy's place? Do you like animals? What's your favorite ice-cream? Mine is chocolate! I mean who doesn't..!" I clamped a claw over over her mouth before anything else poured out.

"My name is Wisdom, I'm staying at the library, I like vanilla icecream and will you please stop licking my hand?"

When I pull my claw away she resumed her jabbering. Suddenly she gasped like she just remembered something important. "I almost forgot! I need to throw you a welcome to Ponyville party!" She zooms off faster than anything I've ever seen in my life!

I chuckle to myself. This is going to be interesting.

Author's Note:

Believe it or not the whole story was leading up to the bunny battle.
I apologize for the terribly written first few chapters. I've just been trying to get it out of my head. Here comes the mane 6!