• Published 28th Apr 2014
  • 1,450 Views, 49 Comments

Settling in - Honest Wisdom



I get Kidnapped by pastel colored ponies and turned into a mythical Creature

  • ...
12
 49
 1,450

Destiny

The minute I touched down the two fillies tore off ahead of me shouting something about being back in a bit. I laughed and stretched out my wings. They were sore from the constant strain from the past few days, I couldn't wait to get back to Twilight's Castle and soak my wings... and the rest of me.

I trotted forward following the path to the library instinctively. I opened the door and gasped. The books were sprawled out across the floor haphazardly and papers(Not torn from the books, thankfully) were pinned up all over the walls. There were several books left on the shelves. My eyes took in the chaos of the room, it was like someone had been looking for something. "Twi would have a Fit." I giggled as I thought about Twi seeing the books in such a state. Somepony would probably find themselves in the middle of the Everfree. Or a cactus.

I start to pick up books and set them in piles depending on their topics, some were fire magic, others were Air magic. I find myself making six piles, just from the ones on the floor. I notice a History book on the shelf and look around at my work. "What the hay!" I pluck the book off the shelf and curl up on a pillow laying in the corner.


"Wisdom?" I felt something prod me in the side. I grunt in response. "Wisdom." The pony says it louder this time.

"Five more minutes." I pull the book closer to my chest and curl tighter into a ball, my tail falling across my beak. Maybe if I don't breathe they'll go away.

"WAKE UP!!!!!!" I jump up several feet into the air and yelp. I thankfully land on the pillow, which explodes on contact making stuffing fly everywhere. I glare at Discord, who rolls around on the floor laughing hysterically. "Oh... Hehe... that was perfect... ha!.. I needed that."

"You're a plot-hole." I grumble. I stretched out and felt my bones crackle.

"Haha, Oh the Girls found something they want to show you." he slithers out of the room, still chuckling. I find it odd he isn't using his magic to float around. I shrug it off and follow him. We round a corner and I see the Girls standing in front of a massive Mosaic.

"Okay girls, what do you have to show me?"

The girls grin and they each take different places across the wall. they set their hooves against the tile and push. Click, a loud creaking sound fills the room and he ground rumbles as the Mosaic splits in two and opens inward. I Crane my neck to look inside. "Can we Explore?"

"Can you?" I stare down the dark hole. notice the girls start to grow anxious from my silence. "Of course you can! This is so cool!" I squee. "You found this all on your own?"

"Discord found it first, we just found out how to open it." I look over at Discord, who looks quite proud of his accomplishment.

I laid my wing tip on an unlit torch inside the passage way. I pick up the now lit torch and start to walk forward. "Come on." I race forward, excited to see more of the temple. "First one to find an ancient Artifact get's a prize!" the Girls and I squeal and giggle as we examine the passageway for traps or secret compartments. Discord trots behind us quietly, not caring where he stepped or if there was a prize.

I trip and yelp in pain. I look at the palm of my talon and see a thorn. "Ouch." iiclamp my beak down on it and give it a good hard yank. Healing magic sparks across my palm and the cut disappears. I look around.

A massive mural spans the entire wall. I stand at what I feel is the beginning. I pick up the torch and hold it up to the wall. I see three Gryphons. One hovers in the sky with their eyes closed, the second flies across the sky leaving a blazing trail behind them. the last walks across the earth leaving plants and mountains in her wake. I see rivers and valleys appear at the wave of her claw and I see Animals flock to her as she walks.

In the Next panel I see the first Two Gryphons granting Ponies wings and horns. The Third gives Earth ponies their strength and connection to Equis. Then I see the ponies turn on them. The unicorns enchant chains to capture them, the Pegasi subdue them, and the Earth ponies tether them to Equis. The Unicorns take the Duty of Raising and Lowering the Celestial bodies. The Pegasi take over the Weather which once acted on it's own.

I keep going and see the two oldest Gryphons grant their power to two Alicorn Fillies. But the Third was consumed by hatred and instead of Giving her power to a third Alicorn she kills her and gives her power to the Gryphons who live in the mountain the Gods were trapped in.. Then the two Fillies defeat Discord and take back the job of ushering in Day and Night with the help of the Gryphon Mages. I then see a Prophecy written in a language that seems foreign and familiar at the same time.

"Quando i tre vivono in armonia e il regno suore in pace, la Dea del Mondo verrà liberata dal Bambino con le ali dorate come il Sole, ma un cappotto nero come la notte. Prosper risorgerà e usurpatori soffrirà. Maggio il ritorno selvaggio e inaugurare l'era del Bounty." I whisper under my breath. When the Three live in harmony and the Sisters reign in peace, the Goddess of the World will be freed by the Child with Golden wings like the Sun but a coat as black as night. Prosper shall rise and usurpers will suffer. May the Wild return and usher in the Era of Bounty. I gulp.

The CMC run up to me with smiles. "We found something!"

"It looks like a rusty knife." Sweetie held it out in her magic. I take it from her and examine it. "What do we get?"

I plaster a fake smile across my beak. "You get to relax while Discord and I do all the work."


We get all the books and papers down in a circle. the Girls lay on top, fast asleep. I look at Discord. "Do you think it's true?"

"Pfft, as if. Don't take all that Prophecy stuff seriously. The Future is unpredictable and Chaotic, you never know what's going to happen next. that pat about the coat colors is just preposterous. Now lets get home." he snaps his Finger and we reappear in Twilight's new Library. She sits in the corner engrossed in her book. "How's my favorite princess doing?"

She yelps and repeats the same action I did earlier that day. I can't help but giggle this time around. She Gives Discord a Death glare. "Really? Don't you know it's rude to teleport into someone's house?"

"Hmm?" He lays back in his imaginary hammock. "Sorry, I wasn't listening."

I frown. That's It. Flutters and I have to give this guy an Intervention. "Here are the books, all intact."

She squeed in delight and started shelving them immediately. "Oh, Wisdom. The girls came by and Rarity spruced up your room a bit. You're probably exhausted from you're journey, I'll take care of this." I Grinned and tore out of the library headed for my room.

I was glad to be home. It was a place to be with your family, forget about the rest of the world, and just relax. Home is the nest, the flock, the heart. I may travel the world but I will always pine for my home.

Author's Note:

...Aaaand Now to the Next one!

Comments ( 4 )

4315741
One of the most crucial things any work of literature needs to even be considered readable, is correct grammar. This is something you seem to fail at, and should really get around to understanding if you truly wish to improve your writing skills.

When she's pulled into Equestria by an Overcharged spell, she Reacts the same way anyone would, she panics.

This is what I'm talking about. Why is 'O' in overcharged and 'R' in reacts capitalized? They aren't the beginning of a sentence, nor are they proper nouns. You do this often, and it needs to be corrected.

Also, your eighth chapter is titled Pinkie parties, when the 'P' in parties should also be capitalized. And I noticed your ninth chapter is titled Princess of Freindship. You misspelled the word friendship.

My brother (His name isn't important, he's not in the story very often) stood and glared at me.

Why on Knighty's poorly coded site would you add parenthesized commentary inside your own story? Not to mention it's just lazy writing. It'd take you, like, what, ten seconds to Google up some male names? I'd highly recommend not doing this in the future. It discourages the reader from finishing the whole story, let alone the first chapter.

I was chilling in my Foster home with my Baby brother trying to figure out how to use a Yo-Yo when all of a sudden a tingling sensation traveled through my body

Again, you need to understand proper grammar. The sentence looks disorganized and childish. This is what the sentence should look like:

I was chilling with my baby brother at my foster home, trying to figure out how to use a yo-yo, when, all of a sudden, a tingling sensation traveled through my body.

These are just a few corrections out of the many that still need to be. I'd highly recommend getting an editor-or-two to go over your work and fix your mistakes. That, and I'd also recommend learning and understanding the proper use of grammar, which you can learn more about for free here.

4505337 Thanks! ... I think.

4499271 Thanks for the Tips, I'll be sure to check those out soon. :twilightsmile:

15# aww and hummm :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::fluttershysad::fluttercry::fluttercry:

Login or register to comment