• Published 28th Apr 2014
  • 1,450 Views, 49 Comments

Settling in - Honest Wisdom



I get Kidnapped by pastel colored ponies and turned into a mythical Creature

  • ...
12
 49
 1,450

CMC: Adventurers

I tucked in one wing and allowed myself a spiraling plummet before snapping my wings open to level out before hitting the ground. I wasn't sure if I could pull any moves like that without staining myself. I banked right towards a mountain. Touching down, I relaxed my wings. I set down my saddle bags and pulled out the map.

It was a World Map of Equis. It wasn't very large, only six of seven countries clustered close together with everything around it labeled dangerous or unknown. A world left completely undiscovered due to a few cowardly individuals. Suddenly I was filled with the overwhelming urge to fill in those blank spots, to travel and see the whole world, brave any ocean and see every forest. I wanted to lead expiditions and establish colonies.

I shook my head. One thing at a time. I placed a talon on Equestria and trailed down to the Gryphon Kingdoms. The details were shoddy, and only three cities were shown but it at least had the mountain range I needed to get to. It ran from the East border diagonally to the south west edge. Content with knowing the direction I had to continue in for the next few days, I rolled up my map and lifted the flap to my saddle bags.

Three Fillies stared back at me. "Hi." Applebloom said timidly.

I blinked in surprise. "What are you doing in my bags?"

Scootaloo rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly. "Well, you see..."

"We wanted to see you do more of those tricks you were teaching us!" Sweetie Belle squeaked. The other two nudged her sharply.

"Sooo... you snuck into my bags and hid in there while I pulled off dangerous tricks completely unaware of my cargo." Three heads bobbed in unison. "I can totally respect that, Hoof/claw bump."

The three grinned and complied. "Does this mean you aren't mad?"

I laugh. "Oh no, I'm pretty mad. That was really dangerous. What it my bags weren't secured properly, or I was attacked? What if I decided to send you back right now?" Their ears fell. They were just way too cute. I sighed heavily. "I'll let you come along..." They grinned happily and hugged my forelegs. "On one condition. You three need to help pack up the books once we get to the temple."

They grinned. "Cutie Mark Crusaders: Adventurers."

I chuckled to myself. "Well, is going to be fun."


About three hours into my break, Discord managed to catch up. I chuckled as he nearly passed out. "You need to work out more, using your magic for everything can't be healthy. That, combined with all the sugar you eat it wouldn't surprise me if you started gaining weight."

He stood up taller and placed a paw over his chest. "I'll have you know I'm as fit as a Young Stallion."

The CMC giggled. "Which For your Age is pretty darn good." Applebloom said.

"Where did they Come from!?!" He pointed at the CMC who were enjoying some sunflowers I grew from the seeds on my bag.

I Stuff some seeds in my mouth. "Something about Cutie Marks." I look up at the sky and watch the sun slowly sink below the Horizon. One that holds endless potential. I shake my head to clear the daze. "We should get some rest, We'll be going a lot further tomorrow. Especially you Discord. I don't think you've ever flown so far for so long before."

He waved it away. "I'll be fine. Just need to refuel." He magicked up some cotton candy.

I swiftly knock the Sweet out of his paw with a wing and glare at him. "My Mission, my rules. No sweets." He opens his mouth to argue. "Besides... Flutters worries about you. You're an Omnivore and you aren't getting nearly enough protein. Eat this." I stuff a small bag into his paw.

I turn to see the girls splitting the cotton candy between themselves. "What did I just say?" They unleashed the full power of the Puppy dog eyes on me. I clung to my resolve for as long as I could. Which really wasn't that long. "Gah! Fine." Discord High Hoof-ed the three fillies. "Just this once."

I watch the four converse happily over cotton candy and chocolate milk. The Girls telling Discord about all their exploits and Him offering gossip about the Princesses. I laugh with them but offer nothing about the Conversation. I build a small fire-pit for us to crowd around. I lay my wings over AppleBloom and Scoots. SweetieBelle curled herself up between my forelegs. Discord stretched out on the other-side.

I nuzzle the sleeping Fillies. "Wow, I never took you for the Motherly type." I glare at him. He looked away innocently (It was a horrible attempt, there's nothing innocent about him.) "Just an observation."

I sighed. "I did some reading on Gryphons, before the library was blown up. They're normally communally raised. I wasn't, I was sheltered and trained to... Anyway, these three, their sisters, Twi, Flutters, you. Their my Flock, I have a bond with them that won't be broken easily. I protect the Children of the Flock it's hardwired into my DNA. I care for them as though they were mine, I won't let anything hurt them and If anything threatens the Flock ever again," I growl and restrain the fire that itches to get out. "I will crush them."

Discord nods in agreement. "I know how you feel. the Overpowering sense of Loyalty, the Protectiveness, the caring." he chuckled Darkly. "I feel the same about Fluttershy." I nod. It was fairly obvious. When we told him about the Incident, he nearly Flipped his lid. the only thing that stopped him from going on a rampage was Flutters telling him what i was prepared to do. Which honestly wasn't much different from what he was going to do... With less cotton candy.

"It's called Love. I love My Flock like family. You love Fluttershy like something far greater."

He smiled, not his normal goofy grin, a genuine look of contentment, like the one he had when Fluttershy was around. "I guess you're Right about that."

I watch him as he wraps his mind around the concept of love. "You should sleep Discord. We have a Mission to complete." I tuck my head over my wings and let the darkness take me.