• Published 28th Apr 2014
  • 1,451 Views, 49 Comments

Settling in - Honest Wisdom



I get Kidnapped by pastel colored ponies and turned into a mythical Creature

  • ...
12
 49
 1,451

Meditation (Updated)

"Breath in. Relax. Let the the coils of magic unfurl." My muscles went slack and my wings stretched out next to me. I opened them to their largest size. "Now, show me what you've learned." Father demanded.

I blasted the nearest ponikin with a ball of flame. Slamming a claw on the earth, I forced the seeds beneath the earth to grow, the plants curled around the ponikins and crushed them. I felf a slight headache that came from forcing magic but shrugged it off. In a fight against Ponies you couldn't slow down, if you did they would crush you with their superior magic. I slashed my wings in front me and rushed forward. He probably wouldn't recognize the use of Air magic as it was a forgotten art. I spun on my forelegs and kicked the head off of a ponikin. I Shot out a claw that was consumed in fire and rammed it into the chest of the final ponikin.

I looked at my father, hoping for a look of appoval. My muscles were burning in protest from the amount of magic I'd exerted but I managed to stay on my feet. He nodded at the carnage before him. "Not Bad." he walked forward calmly. "You missed one" he pointed to an unharmed ponikin.

I gulped. Silvertongue warned me not to over exert myself. If I did it could cause a Surge. I zipped over and tore the head off. He nodded and left without saying another word to me. I felt tears well up in my eyes.


My eyes looked up at the night sky and scanned the constellations. "Breath in. Breath out. Relax. Relax." My mind pulled me away from the waking world burying me in hidden memories.


I batted the ball back and forth with my claws. Silver-tongue strolled in with a smile. "Wisdom! How are you feeling today?"

I shrug. "Okay, I guess." He frowned. He never liked vague answers like that. I sigh and look up at him. "Why do I have to learn to kill things with magic?"

He seemed shocked by my question. "We'll," he looked around."Uhh..."

I frown. of course he wouldn't tell me. He'd probably lie and say that it's for my own safety like father did. Ponies were raised peacefully, some only knowing simply levitation. At least, that's what my book told me. "Forget it."

Silvertongue Noted my disappointed look and tapped his chin. "How about I show you a secret?"

I grinned and nodded rapidly. He scooped my up with a wing and deposited me on his back. "Hold on!"


I opened my eyes again and snapped open my wings. Breath in, breath out. Relax, Relax. Fire trickled down my wings and wind swirled around my talons. I took a deep breath and allowed myself to be pulled down into my hidden memories yet again.


I buzzed around the room plucking books off of the shelves. A library filled with all our Magical knowledge. it wasn't big but there was plenty room for a fully grown Gryphon to spread their wings. Silvertongue lounged in a corner reading a book with a skull on the cover. I peaked over the edge. "Wasstat!?!"

He slammed the book shut and narrowed his eyes at me. "Not for children." he hissed. I shrank back, there was no reason to push him. He was allowed his secrets. He wrapped a wing around me. "I'm sorry. Let's see what you have there."

He took a book from my claws and opened it up. "'The Practical applications of Water Magic to Every day life'?" He gave me a curious look. "It's a bit advanced for you."

"Please please please?" I clamped my claws together. he laughed and opened the book. "Yes!" I curled up next to him and prepared myself for a new lesson.


I lowered my wings and relesed the winds. The fire fizzed out and the only light came from the full moon. i yawned and turned to go back inside. The room was mostly unfurnished but it had a bed and a mirror. It was small but cosy and had a balcony. I crawled into my bed and let myself fall asleep.

Author's Note:

As AdmiralPopeye pointed out Giving Gryphons magic makes them seem sort of invincable. Well I'm pretty sure I pointed this out in another chapter but not all Gryphons have magic in fact very few, if any, have magic. even fewer ever have the chance to master it.