• Published 20th Feb 2015
  • 1,655 Views, 168 Comments

Equestrian Legends Online: Tale of the Misfits - bluemoon1996



Two friends decide to play a game and get trapped inside. Sidefic to Equestria Legends Online

  • ...
10
 168
 1,655

January 27: Mi Oversaturated Hermano (unedited)

"Hi, brother."


My jaw quite literally hit the floor as my brain started running a mile a minute. Tim? What the fuck is he doing here?! He wasn't a brony in the slightest; hell, he flat out told me he thought the show was stupid. Yet, here he was standing before me and making my eyes bleed... Literally! My health bar dropped two points looking at him!


"T-Tim?" I managed to stammer, a dumbfounded look on my face.


"Yeah," he nodded before smirking, "and I see you still haven't learned how to english when surprised."


That was all I needed to hear. In an instant, I was hugging him, tears in my eyes. His breastplate was making the hug rather uncomfortable as it jabbed me in the chest but I didn't care. I had family here with me damn it; my own brother none the less!


As I hugged him, He wrapped a foreleg around the back of my neck and pulled me close. "Hey hey hey it's okay man; no need to cry..."


"I... I never thought I'd see any of you guys again," I croaked into his chest, as I was now fully crying.


That had been gnawing at the back of my mind for the last five days. When we do manage to get out, it could take months or even years! Who knows what the hell could happen in the real world during that time? Someone could get in a car wreck; Mema could finally die of old age, not knowing if her grandson managed to get out safely; there could be a fire and all my stuff could get burnt to cinders!


But Tim being here changed that; now whatever happened in here, I had someone blood related here with me to experience this stuff with me. Phoenix was a great friend even if probably wanted to stab me in the eye with a rusty spoon at the moment but he wasn't family.


After a good long while, I pulled away from him, tears still stinging my eyes. "W-what what the hell are you doing here man?! Hell, you told me you thought ponies were retarded."


"I'm here ‘cause of you little bro," he replied, "when I heard you had gotten this game, I de-"


"Wait? Someone told you I bought ELO?" I keep the brony stuff separate from family life; the only people I told that I bought the game was my roommate, Phoenix (obviously), and my brony friends. Who the heck told him?


"Mema," he said simply.


I facehoofed, "of course, it was Mema." I only mentioned it once to her in passing conversation and she blathered it to my brother and he was on the other side of the damn state! Jeeze, how many people know just thanks to my grandma?


He snickered at my reaction, "and as I was saying: when I heard you got the game, I decided to get it too so I could spend some time with you. Hell, I haven't seen you in over a year and this seemed like a good idea at the time."


I frowned, "y-you did this for me?" Great, now I feel guilty; he's stuck here because of me....


"Hey hey," he quickly replied, giving me a reassuring smile, "I know that face. This ain't your fault bro; no one could have predicted... That would happen. Hell, you should have heard the amount I cussed." He then laughed, "I think I probably mentally scarred some five year old."


"Wait....Where were you in the crowd?" I do remember hearing some guy cussing up a storm rather loudly after Discord's little speech but in all honesty, there was a lot of panicked swearing going on and a decent amount of it was probablyme; but that dude had one damn good set of lungs.


"I was near that building that looked like a giant gingerbread house," he said slowly, "why?"


"I think I may have been able to hear you from across the square," I said with low whistle, "and I thought the shouting was supposed to be my thing; you're supposed to be the punchy one."


Tim just rolled his eyes, "oh ha ha.... So, why don't you introduce me to your friends?"


I nodded, "yeah, just give me a sec." With that I sent him a request to join the Misfits; it would just be plain stupid not have him in the group, I'm sure Myst and Phoenix would agree. Well, Myst would at the moment; Phoenix would still try to gore me with his horn.


After a few seconds, the message appeared before Tim and he tapped the confirmation button. "Welcome to Team Misfit mi hermano" I said with a mock bow after I got the confirmation message.


He just rolled his eyes again, "so let's go introduce me to your friends?"


I nodded, "of course. Just one thing: unless we're together in private, call me Cass and I'll call you Krieg. It'll make it easier for Myst and other players who don't know who we are."


He shrugged, "fine by me; expect slip ups though."

.....

"Cass, your brother makes my eyes bleed," Myst whispered into my ear.


"Yeah, I know," I replied, watching as he chatted with some of the random other players in the inn. Introducing him to Myst went splendidly; our resident Canadian living up to his national stereotypes quite well. Phoenix, on the other hoof, wasn't even in the building when we came back down stairs. According to Myst, he had said 'he'd be back when he'd be back' and that I shouldn't come after him unless I wanted to feel what burning fur feels like.


"But why is he... Those colors? He looks like a bad OC; almost as worse than a red and black alicorn of edginess."


"He's colorblind; can't see anything but gray." Yep, my dear brother's eyes were as shit as mine are without my glasses. I snicker as I remembered the time he had worn a neon green shirt with grey slacks; I know I don't have much of a fashion sense but damn it, that wa-


"Cass, check your active effects menu."


"Umm... Okay?" I said, a little confused as I opened up the menu. I quickly scanned the list and my eyebrow raised when I saw the item at the bottom of the list

Chromatic Hyper-stimulation

Your eyes can't handle this level of saturation. You take two points of damage as you fry your poor retinas.

I burst out laughing; oh god, he literally was making our eyes bleed! It was bad enough that the game was mocking him for it. This was just too rich!


I don't know how long I was laughing but I eventually felt someone poking me in the on the shoulder. I opened my eyes; okay, when the heck did I end up on the floor. Whoever it was poking me in the shoulder harder and I looked up to see Krieg looking down at me with an unamused expression; Myst stood next to him with a look that screamed sorry man.


"You're a dick," Krieg said flatly before he turned about and gave me a kinda weak buck to the chest. It was the closest he could get to a brotherly punch to the arm so I just laughed it off.

Oh, it's good to be with family.

Author's Note:

beware the oversaturation

and this is unedited to show you guys the amount greycait does to help my work