• Published 24th Mar 2014
  • 1,807 Views, 20 Comments

Pipsqueak - thisnameisironic



Pipsqueak and pirates. Nightmare is bad. Defeat Nightmare. Yay. Oh, and also there's a perverted old mouse that crosses dimensions to torment Pipsqueak's dreams.

  • ...
7
 20
 1,807

VIII - A Filler is a Filler

Pipsqueak:

I apologize for leaving so abruptly yesterday. To be honest, the monster you face is similar to what I experienced at your age. Yes, this monster has existed during my own childhood, and its history even predates the history of Equestria. My sister, Celestia, came to my aid when he tormented me, but I thought the Elements of Harmony destroyed him for good. I will talk to you about him in detail when we can next meet in person.

As of now, however, I sense you are going to Ponyville, to reunite with your family and friends that you missed. I fully encourage you to participate in the Nightmare Night activities while you are still young. Though I may not be there in person, maybe you can feel comfort that my spirit is there. Whether or not it chases you is based on your own adventurous spirit, whether you want to face your fears head-on or spend time with peers. Nonetheless, my personal tailors have made costumes for each of your crew, and they will be distributed on the eve of Nightmare Night.

That is aside from the point. As of right now, I will be spending less time with you and your crew to see if I can find any additional documentation on this creature, as such has been scarce. Also, the residents of Ponyville will be notified of your coming so you won't feel unwelcome. I know that you have the responsibility and courage to lead your crew during these difficult times despite the ongoing fear that you may face in the future. My advice is to fight through it all. It was difficult for myself to prevail, but the power of friendship and support will undoubtedly prove to be the most dangerous weapon Gregory had ever faced.

I pray that we can meet again, so you may have a better understanding of what times lie ahead.

From your favorite princess and founder of the Lunar Crusaders,



~Princess Luna~


Pipsqueak pondered the information that he gathered from the note mysteriously left on his bedside table as he showered for the long flight ahead. Thankfully their galleon's magic can set sail on its own by his command, but his lack of sleep was getting to him. It was funny how Luna mentioned how he was "courageous" (a descriptor he took by heart), but he felt anything but, refusing to slumber in fear of the Gregory mouse intruding on his dreams. Despite the steaming shower, a chill went down his spine thinking about him, so much so that he jumped when the shower adjacent to him began to start.

"Good morning, Captain."

The voice belonged to none other than his best friend. Pipsqueak sighed in relief.

"Good morning, Rumble," he replied.

"Did I startle you, Captain?"

"A little bit,"

"Sorry."

Pipsqueak began lathering soap down his legs, as they were still dirty from the beach activities the day before. As he thought about it, he didn't really wash himself very often, other than during Luna's bathtime and here. Other times were more of a rinse than anything, and while most patches of mud or scum would disappear, he never truly soaped himself clean, almost always resulting in dirty feet and greasy hair. Then again, his shower wasn't very much different from what Rumble and Featherweight had to share, so it didn't come as a surprise to him. Throughout a long pause, Rumble whistled a tune to a familiar song about being a pirate before he broke the silence again.

"I'm not really sure I want to go back," he said. Pipsqueak halted his actions.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Well..." Rumble paused, as if he was afraid to explain. Suddenly, the realization hit the captain harder than a brick to his face. An impish smile materialized as he figured out what had Rumble so nervous.

"It's Applebloom, isn't it?"

Unbeknownst to Pipsqueak on the other side of the wall, Rumble was bright red at the mention of her name. He was almost embarrassed to think about her, and recently when he did, his bits started to extend. Naturally, since puberty was starting to take effect, the new change caught him off guard. Sure, they were childhood friends, but it wasn't until leaving Ponyville that Rumble realized how much he really liked her.

He liked her a lot.

In response to the silence, Pipsqueak laughed and broke into song.

"Rumble likes Applebloom! Rumble likes Applebloom!"

Rumble groaned. Perhaps it was a wise idea after all to let Featherweight sleep in.

"Yeah?" he defended. "Well maybe I should tell Dinky about your own secret."

Pip fell silent almost immediately. Was an underling, best friend or otherwise, threatening blackmail?

"After all," Rumble said. "Your stature isn't the only thing that's small."

"Hey! She doesn't need to know that!"

"So then don't make fun of me for having a crush, especially when you have your own," Rumble concluded before going back to washing himself again. Slowly, he could feel puberty acting up again with just the thought of seeing her, like a dog happy to see its owner.


Dinky awoke with a mess of hair. Despite the conflicts from the night before, she nevertheless slept like a log.

A pirate's log...

She giggled at the pun she made before sliding out of her bed. She stretched her back and shoulders and walked toward her mirror. She almost didn't recognize herself; Luna must have visited her that night, as the lashes and lids of her eyes were polluted by a dry crusty substance. She took a double take when noticed that she had drooled that night, with dried slobber around the corner of her mouth. Her hair had been spread out overnight, looking akin to the Frankenstein monster's bride.

She sighed. It was going to take a lot more than a comb to freshen up and make herself at least somewhat presentable in front of a group of boys.

She opened a closet near her bed and picked out her clothes. She took off her pajamas and used underwear and examine her new attire. When dressed, she would look fairly similar to the other boys, with the exceptions of a indigo skirt and a dark blue vest which, unlike the boys, covered her chest completely instead of retaining their V-neck designs. She was sure it was for good reason, too.

Now that she knew her clothes fit perfectly, another thought came to mind, making her actions unnecessary.

Shower...

Unlike her ship cabin, her room didn't come with an individual shower, presumably because of how the showers and restrooms were jointed in an academy-style fashion. Thankfully, she had the floor to herself, so it wasn't likely that the boys would intrude on her. They were boys, but she didn't think they were pervert types. Still, what if one were to unintentionally walk in on her with a message? She figured she could wait until she reached the ship. She bathed last night before dinner, anyway, and though she preferred to shower twice a day, it was more out of her paranoia for following routine rather than necessity. Although unsure whether she was to bring her swimsuit to the ship, she exited her room, sure she had everything she needed.

She went down a flight of stairs and stopped in her tracks. She felt she saw something in the corner of her eye, though she wasn't quite sure. After all, she just woke up and was starving from the lack of food the night before. It was very likely she was making herself hallucinate. She climbed back and looked at her surroundings suspiciously. Nothing appeared out of place, and it wasn't likely that one of the boys were playing a prank on her. They were probably showering right now. In fact, when she went to the floor below, she could hear the running water from the boys' floor's bathroom, so she knew for a fact. Figuring it was her imagination, she darted down the stairs to walk onto the ship.

An anthropomorphic rat revealed himself back into full view. He sighed in relief. For a second, he assumed that he would've been caught.

"Drat, that was a close one."

He wiped his tattered clothing and took out an odd device. It was a cuboid shape, and seemed to take the form of a standard box. However, its black as charcoal shell indicated it was more ominous in reality. He pressed a button on the side and began to speak into it.

"The girl is headed toward the Lunar Mare. The pirates should leave in thirty."

A dark blue mist swirled from the hollow box, entrapping it.

Yes, the mist seemed to speak. but don't just stand here! I'm interested in this girl...

"As am I, Mama," the rat responded, with a devilish grin. "As am I."

Comments ( 3 )

What is this a crossover of, and what's with all the deleted comments?

However, a new rat-faced minion is going to make this quest a little more challenging.

Damn you, Mickey Mouse! I knew you were an evil monster!

4506488
Is this finished, or is this still going?

Login or register to comment