• Published 23rd Mar 2014
  • 1,061 Views, 27 Comments

Bionicle: The Mirrors Light - VampDash



Unity, duty, destiny. These are the three virtues we have lived by but now we shall be reminded of a fourth.... friendship.

  • ...
6
 27
 1,061

Prologue

Gathered friends. Listen again to the legend of the Bionicle. In the time before time, the great spirit descended from the heavens, carrying with it the ones called the Matoran, and we, their organic brethren, the Equestrians, to this paradise. We were separate, and without purpose, so the great spirit illuminated us with the three virtues. Unity, Duty, Destiny. We embraced these gifts, and in gratitude, we named our island home Mata Nui, after the great spirit himself, living in harmony, Matoran and Pony, side by side. All prospered, none were left to fend for themselves. But our happiness was not to last.

For Mata Nui’s brother, the Makuta, was jealous of these honours and betrayed him, casting a spell over Mata Nui, who fell into a deep slumber. The Makuta was free to unleash his shadows, intent on controlling all he saw. But Mata Nui had one last card to play before he fell to slumber, and pushed the equestrians through the portal of mirrors to their new home, sealing it from the Makuta’s wrath. Sealed that is, until today.