• Published 22nd Mar 2014
  • 11,037 Views, 956 Comments

Fallout New Vegas: Unexpected Friends - Sleepyted



Twilight gets transported to the Mojave Wasteland after a magical mishap.

  • ...
66
 956
 11,037

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 8

“Is he alright?” Twilight asked nervously.

“I...think so, he still has a pulse so his heart didn’t just stop on him.” Anne said, removing her fingers from the neck of the prone trooper.

“What happened?”

“I think he just fainted.” Anne answered confused.

Twilight just raised an eyebrow.

“What? It’s not my fault my good looks can knock men out.” Anne said raking a hand through her white hair.

Seeing Twilight’s deadpan expression she dropped her arm back down to her side. “Let’s just go find the guy who runs this place.”

The part of the town of Primm the two were in was across a bridge from the large portion of the rest of the town and like the rest of the wasteland it was falling to ruin from disrepair. The remains of the houses that were on the street were now reduced down to crumbling walls and collapsed roofs. The bent and rusted street lights sat sadly in the radiated sand.

Further down the street, beyond a couple of old wooden barricades, were two large tents next to each other. They were a dusty tan brown color with flaps cut into the sides for windows and doors. Near the tents was a pole with a new looking flag flapping around in the wind. Depicted on the flag was a dark brown two headed bear stood upon a small patch of green, underneath that were the words ‘NEW CALIFORNIA REPUBLIC’ printed above a red bar that covered the whole bottom of the flag, and in the top left hand side of the fabric was a red five pointed star, and anything that wasn’t colored was just white.

Leaning up against a wall close to the tent on the right was another trooper with slightly darker skin and with the goggles over his eyes.

Anne walked up to the man and raised her non broken arm up in greetings.

“Hey, you the guy who runs this camp?” Anne asked.

The man looked at Twilight in confusion, not knowing if he should shoot her or slowly back away. “Why’s a mutant here, didn’t Private Anderson stop you?” he asked.

“He sort of fainted, I swear we didn’t do anything.” Anne said.

“Of cause he did, I knew that something this would have happened eventually.” He said, throwing up his arms.

“Anyway, I’m Anne and my companion is Twilight.” Anne said gesturing to herself and Twilight respectfully.

“Sergeant McGee, NCR's Army 5th Battalion, 1st Company.” McGee said, sticking out his arm for a handshake.

Anne stuck out her left arms and seeing the predicament they were in she twisted her arm around and gripped McGee’s hand and gave it a hard shake. “Nice to meet you, but my arm’s kinda bad, sorry about the shit hand shake.” She said dropping her arm back to her side.

“You should have that looked at, it might go gangrene if left untreated.” He said looking at the bullet wound.

“We were actually planning on that once we got here, is there anywhere that I can find a doctor or something?” Anne asked.

“Well, all we’d be able to do at the moment is a Stimpak, maybe two but that’s it and I don’t think the town has any form of medical center.” McGee said, patting himself over to try and find something in his pockets.

“Here it is.” He said, pulling out an oddly shaped injector before handing it over to Anne.

Anne took the injector before bring it to her arm and bringing it back. “Wait, could you do something for me and uh, take my short friend here behind a building or something then come back and help me, my arm’s a little worse than it looks.” Anne said putting the blunt end of the injector in her mouth before wincing in discomfort as she took off a glove from her right arm.

Twilight looked back and forth in worry at Anne fumbling around with the needle. Twilight wanted to help, she really did but she didn’t know what she could do.

“Come along… unicorn.” McGee said “I don’t even know why I’m talking to a mutant.”

Twilight’s ears folded down, turning her head back around as she was ushered away to see Anne had put her thick glove in her mouth and held the injector just above the bullet hole in her right arm.

Anne stood there with her glove in her mouth as she waited for McGee to return. Once Twilight was out of sight McGee made his way back around from behind the old crumbled brick building and walked up to Anne. “So what do you need me to do?” He asked.

Anne took off her back and started rummaging around through the pockets “Well, as I hold my arm still my hardest I need you to use this-” She said holding out a spoon. “-to scoop out the bullet or something, I don’t want that shit in me any longer than it needs to be.”

Anne and McGee walked over to a rotten wooden table near the front of the tents before Anne sat down on the seat built into it with her right arm stretched out upon the old wood, making her wince in pain at the movement in the damaged limb.

“Kay, now just scoop around and take out the bullet while I tried not to fall unconscious.” Anne said, putting the leather glove in her mouth and putting the needle on the table.

McGee got ready across the table, one arm holding the slightly bent spoon while the other help hold Anne’s arm down to reduce movement. He looked at Anne for conformation and when he got a hesitant nod he moved the spoon down.

Anne jolted in pain as the cold metal of the spoon entered the oozing bullet wound on her arm, screaming through her teeth as she bit into the glove with all her might. She could feel the spoon move around inside her as it tried to find the lead bullet in her. Anne could feel as the metal slightly ripped her skin open to allow room for it to fit.

“I think I got something.” McGee said, trying to pull out the thing he felt the spoon bump up against.

“PHF DA FUFA OUF!” Anne yelled through her glove.

After a few moments McGee finally got what he wanted out only to find it was a small chip of bloody bone. “Damn, it wasn’t the bullet.” He said, flinging the small shard of bone to the side.

Anne let out a whimper much unlike something which she would normally do as McGee dove back in.

Three more attempts were made before the bullet was finally taken out.

Anne, nearly unconscious from all the pain slightly bent her bicep back into the position it was meant to be in before grabbing the Stimpak injector and jamming it just above the hole, watching as the wound knit itself back together.

Once it was all over Anne was panting as she felt the violent throbbing change to a numb ache in a matter of moments. Blood was covering her arm along with the hands of McGee with the spoon still in his hand. “You good?” he asked.

“Yea, I-I think so.” Anne said, rotating her shoulder to see how it moved.

Anne reached back into her bag with her left arm and pulled out a handful of small bent pieces of metal before holding it out as he head fell to the table.

“Just take my caps, I’m too tired to give a fuck anymore.” She said.

McGee gave Anne a small nod of the head before walking back off the where he was before.

“PRINCESS! YOU CAN COME OUT NOW!” She yelled with as much volume as she could muster.

Anne didn’t look up as she head a pair of a pair of footsteps makes its way to her. “A-Anne, are y-you alright?” She heard Twilight ask worriedly.

“No, I feel like fermented shit, but my arms better than before though, no longer bleeding but I still lost a fair amount of it in the first place.” She said with a dismissive wave off her hand, not even bothering to lift her head from the table.

“I-I heard you…” Twilight said looking down.

“I should’ve asked for some Med-X or something, that hurt like hell.” Anne said. “Anyway, have a seat; I’m not ready to do anything at the moment like this.” She finished, patting the area next to her.

Twilight hesitantly climbed upon the wooden bench that was a little too large for her before sitting down.

After a few minutes of silence Anne lifted her head up and looked at Twilight. “How do you sit like that?” she asked confused.

“What do you mean?”

“You know, how can you sit like that, you limbs or hooves or whatever didn’t look like they bent that way.” Anne tried to explain.

“Our hooves can bend this way, always have.” She answered.

“But wouldn’t your hooves bend the wrong way if jump to hard or something?”

“Nooooo, I don’t think you know how hooves work.”

Anne’s head fell back down and let out a thud as it did so. “Ya know what? Let’s just talk with Hayes or whatever.” She said, pushing herself off of the table.

The two walked over the tent on the right before opening the door flap.

“Wrong tent.”

They opened the flap to the tent on the left before Anne stuck her head in to make sure. The tent was rather bland compared to the rest of the camp. It had a pair of metal shelves up against the far wall of the tent, nearly barren except for a few boxes. To the sides were two dirty mattresses on the dirt ground, and in the center of the tent was a small circular table with a chair next to it. Sat at the table was a man wearing a uniform that looked a lot like the uniform worn by the other troopers, it had a mesh material of sorts across the chest with a picture of the flag Anne saw outside on it and on his head was a small dirty green beret. Leaning on a wooden pole in the side was a female trooper wear a uniform that looked much like McGee’s besides the helmet that wasn’t to be seen.

“Are you the one I’ve heard yelling?” The man asked.

“Well yes, that was me, I had a bullet stuck in me and I didn’t like it there.” Anne said stepping in, putting a hand out to stop Twilight from coming in just yet. “You mind if I take a seat?”

Before he could answer Anne grabbed a seat in the corner of the tent. “I hear that you have a convict problem and it just so happens that I need to talk with a few of the residents about an asshole I need to find.” She said sitting on the seat backwards with her arms crossed on the back rest.

“Are you offering to help with the problem?” He asked with a raised eyebrow. “Because that’s what it sounds like to me.”

“That’s exactly what I’m saying my good sir, I can help clear out the convicts and get the town back under control on one condition.” Anne said happily.

“And what condition is that?” Hayes asked.

“That asshole I mentioned before, if he’s in the town I want to be able to put him six foot under no matter who he is to you without any repercussions.”

“I think we might be able to do that, but if it’s anyone too big for the NCR all I can do is look the other way for a few minutes.” He said.

“Sounds fair, I’ll get right to it now if you don’t mind.” Anne said, standing up.

“I’ll just be here if you need to talk anymore.” Hayes said.

Anne walked out of the tent to see an annoyed looking Twilight sat in the dirt looking at her. “Why couldn’t I come in?”

“Cause I didn’t want to go through all the explanations about who your are, we have shit to do and we were just lucky with the last two people.” Anne said with a slight smirk, remembering the unconscious troop down the way they came. “Now come, we have a town to save and bodies to loot.”

The two walked up to the small makeshift booth near a broken bridge, looking at the surely unsafe metal sheets that were used to do shoddy repairs. Twilight started to walk across the bridge slowly until she heard a soft set of beeping.

Anne’s eyes widened and as quickly as she could she grabbed Twilight by the scruff of her neck before yanking her backwards and huddling over her prone form.

BOOM

Anne could feel small bits of rock and metal bounce off of her back as the mine’s explosion went off.

“Fucking hell.”

Author's Note:

How many of those out there that have played Fallout NV have been injured or killed by the trio of landmines? I know I have.

PreviousChapters Next