• Published 27th Mar 2012
  • 806 Views, 6 Comments

Birth of Equestria - Draconiuos



The tale of the founding of Equestria and the birth of pony kind

  • ...
4
 6
 806

Start of a Revolution

Birth of Equestria


Chapter 1

Two years have passed since Celestia and Luna were born into the world. Since that time Lunar Technologies had starting producing their line of intelligent ponies. They marketed earth, unicorn, and pegasus ponies. There was a call for Alicorn ponies, but it was decided those would not be marketed due to the possibility of reverse engineering. Ryan had become a silent partner in Lunar Technologies, but still worked in the labs. Mr. Burns decided that it made sense to give him a vested interest in the company while still using him. Ryan had managed to get Celestia and Luna to trust him again, but he could tell Luna would never truly forget the incident with Eric.

Eric found himself on the wrong end of a lawsuit and lost everything. First, his job, money, and benefits, then his house, wife, and children, but then he just disappeared. No one had heard from him since. There were rumors that he was trying to sell what knowledge he had on these now extremely popular pets, but no other company seemed to possess anything close though. There was another less popular rumor that suggested he had started some sort of cult, but this was unconfirmed.

From the very start the ponies where a hot selling item for Lunar Technologies, but the religious extremist protested and tried to get legal injunctions placed on the selling of ponies. What they didn’t know was that Mr. Burns had already paid the right people to keep such things from happening. Ryan mean while worked to see if they could find other uses for the ponies. The military had shown interest in possibly using the pegasi for military recon operations. There had been some progress in the field of military applications, but it had to be kept very secretive.

The ponies hit the international market and they exploded. Most people got fillies, but colts were offered too. The ponies were capable of reproducing on their own, but every new pony was required to be treated and inspected by an official from Lunar Technologies. Anyone that failed to comply with this found themselves in legal trouble with Lunar Technologies and their local government. A tight leash was kept on the ponies. The biggest worry was making sure the unicorns had limiter and termination chips plant within them. This was to keep the unicorns from become a danger to anyone, and from being used in an illegal manner.

Celestia and Luna now resided at Ryan’s estate and were well taking care of. Mr. Burns thought it odd at first, but Ryan explained it away as simply wanting to keep the keys to his success close. Ryan had a private lab installed in his estate that was connected to Lunar Technologies for research purposes, but everything was logged and reported back to Lunar Technologies. Ryan still didn’t know the full extent of Celestia or Luna’s magic abilities. He had seen them a few times when they thought they were alone performing feats of magic that should have been beyond them. It has got him curious, but he refused to tell anyone else. He want them to stay here were he knew they would be safe. At first to him they had just been a product to make him rich, but after two years they were more like daughters to him.

Ryan had never married due to being too busy with his work. He had a fling here and there, even now he had a woman staying with him, but it was already fallen apart because of his work. So, he started talking and getting to know Celestia and Luna. Eventually he started treating them like daughters. They had their own room in his house and were never treated like simple pets. He even educated them beyond what the genetic memory and given them. They absorbed the knowledge quickly and Celestia seemed to have a thirst for it. Luna did her best, but seemed more into other areas of knowledge he didn’t want to teach them. He once caught her read a copy of Sun Tzu’s Art of War. Ryan tried not to encourage it, but did not deny her access to the information if she wished it. It just seemed it would be useless information for her. She was destined to live out her days in Ryan’s estate.

Ryan looked out the window to see Celestia and Luna playing in the pool. They appeared to be having a swimming race. It was cute to watch them, his legacy to the world. He then sat down on his couch and turned on the TV, ironically there was a commercial for his ponies just wrapping up. He smiled to himself and wondered how many kids just saw that, and were now bugging their parents to buy them one.

Ryan was trying to catch up on his favorite shows since he never had time to actually watch them when they aired. Suddenly from outside he heard a crash and what sounded like an explosion. He ran out worried that some nut job had broken in somehow and was attacking the girls. As he ran out he saw Luna standing outside the pool looking at something in the yard. Ryan followed he gaze and saw Celestia laying down in what was left of the grass in the spot she was. Ryan then turned back to Luna real quick as his brain told him that something had been different about Luna’s eyes. As he looked again they seemed the same as always. Ryan’s mind couldn’t make sense of what he was seeing. Celestia appeared to have been caught in whatever exploded, but seemed to have only minor injuries, and Luna appeared not to have been touched by it. Neither of the fillies had noticed him yet and they were glaring at each other.

“What is wrong with you Luna? Why did you? How did you? What is wrong with you?” Celestia screamed at her sister. She started to pick herself up off the ground. She picked up a small notebook that was blackened and burned.

Luna gave her a threaten glare, “I told you to stop reading my diary, but you just had to try and keep it from me. So, I just did what I must to make you stop. Maybe next time you won’t try and act all perfect, and think that just because you are better with magic I can’t do anything.” Luna stated this with anger but a slight touch of awe in her voice. That is when she noticed Ryan.

Ryan gave her a disappointed look and then stated loudly enough for them both to hear, “What is going on here?”

Celestia looked at Ryan sheepishly and said, “Ask her she tried to blow me up.”

“Only because you stole my diary, and I didn’t try, I did.” Luna replied with an air of superiority.

Ryan was stunned for a second he wasn’t sure what to do at this point. There was no way that either of them should be able to use magic in such a manner. The restrictor chips, while not quite as limiting as he told his bosses, should have made something of this nature impossible. This also brought up a question of how much power did this two really have. Unicorns had started to show higher levels of magic control within certain areas, but nothing to the point of causing explosions. Ryan looked at Luna with a serious expression, “Young lady go to your room. I will speak to you about this after I have made sure you didn’t hurt your sister too badly.”

Luna started to protest, “But… I was…”

Ryan cut her off before she could finish, “No buts young lady, go to your room now. I don’t care what Celestia did, nothing excuses blowing up your sister. Now upstairs, and don’t come out until I tell you to.” Ryan stood up straight with a firm expression pointing towards the house.

As Luna stormed into the house pissed off she looked back to see Ryan pandering over Celestia. This just made things worse; she grabbed the door with her magic and slammed it shut behind her. Then proceeded to her room and locked the door magically. She flung herself on the bed and turned on the TV.

Luna couldn’t believe that Ryan took Celestia’s side on this. He always took her side. Sometimes she felt as if he never really wanted her to be. She grabbed her pillow with her magic and cried into it. She just wanted somepony to love her. She didn’t ask to be brought into this world where ponies were slaves to humans, or to have her first day of life tainted by some demented lab worker that took joy in the pain of others. She cried and yelled into her pillow asking why she had to be alone in this world. She just wanted to be loved like her sister. Celestia got to go to all the public appearances and Ryan’s reason was always the same. Luna’s coat color made her less appealing to the audience that the appearances were targeted at.

Luna was started to gather herself back when she heard the news come on her TV. “Our top story tonight, a man was arrested for illegally breeding the new pony pets that have swept the world. The irony is he was the one to call authorities when the illegally bred ponies revolted against him and his cult. We have a correspondent on the scene trying to figure out exactly what happened. We are going to go live now to Jim who is on the scene. Jim can you hear us?”

“Yes, Claire I can hear you. I have to warn parents and those with weak stomachs they may want to change the channel, because the scene here is very disturbing. It appears the cult run by one Eric Langfield was illegally breeding ponies for all sorts of depraved acts. In a second we will show you some of the footage we recorded earlier before being forced to a further distance from the area. It seems the cult had tortured, mutilated, and performed sexual acts on the illegally bred ponies. By being born without a control chip the ponies revolted injuring many of the cultists and even killing a few. As you can see behind me,” the camera moved away from the face of the handsome black man to over his shoulder where humans were rounding up ponies that were resisting the attempts to put them in horse trailers to be transported somewhere else. “The ponies are being rounded up and taking to Lunar Technologies for reprocessing. It is believed they are going to evaluated the emotionally damage done to the ponies involved and try to rehabilitate those that can be and install the mandatory control chips in them. After that they will be found good homes to live out the rest of their days.” Suddenly the camera still focused on the ponies being corralled into the trailers caught as one of the ponies got free. It was dark blue pegasus with a rainbow tail and mane. The human that was dragging her along fell onto the ground face first and she then pounced onto the human behind it dragging a pink pegasus with a blue mane and tail.

Then all hell broke loose. Luna watched as ponies began to revolt against the humans. At first the humans tried using ropes and nets to contain the situation but it became apparent that was not going to work. Then the police stepped in trying to use OC spray and tasers, but though they got a few of the earth ponies they seemed to shake the effects off. The unicorns seemed to be able to stopped both from ever reaching them and the pegasi used their wings to push the streams of OC spray and the leads of the taser away from them. In fact the pegasi caused more than one officer to be hit by their own OC stream. That is when the cops decided to go to lethal means. By this time most the ponies were free and running for the tree line, but a few stayed to cover them. Luna watched in horror as the cops gunned down more than one pony. The camera never wavered from the action.

The few unicorns that had stayed managed to deflect a few of the shoots off what Luna could tell was a magical shield, but she saw the strain in their faces and knew they would never be able to hold it for long. The dark blue pegasus had stayed to help but then took a shot in the wing. It then decided it had no choice but to leave. Three earth ponies had stayed and took the brunt of the gun fire. They had seen what Luna had. The unicorns’ magic wasn’t going to hold long, so the earth ponies got between the cops and the unicorns. The earth ponies took a hail of gun fire and fall beneath it. They laid there for a second, but then suddenly stood back up. Despite the many bullet holes they managed to stay on their feet, and even some of the wound were pushing the bullets back out. Luna knew what was going to happen though and couldn’t let it.

Luna had never tried this before but had read many theories on how it would work. Luna could feel the rage inside her and knew her eyes had changed to dragon like already, but that was good. She knew that her magic was much stronger when she was enraged. That the rage could override the control chip completely, she look at the TV screen burn the picture of the ponies’ stand into her mind and then wrapped herself in her own magic. She willed her magic to move her through the world to the ponies so she could save them. She felt a twinge in the base of her skull; it was the control chip trying to shut down her magic. She struggled against it trying to smoother it, but it began to grow stronger. She could feel her magic slipping away from her, and began to lose hope. Why would it now stop her, she managed to override it to cast the fireball on Celestia, but now it refused to let her save those poor ponies. Then all her rage came forth she felt it infuse her, and she felt as it made more physical changes to her. She didn’t care, she felt the magic the rage brought attack the control chip, and it won this time. She felt her magic yank her out of her room.

Outside the house Ryan and Celestia were just coming back inside to talk with Luna. Then they heard an explosion come from the upstairs in Luna’s room. They ran in to see what was going in. Ryan was ready to scold Luna for being reckless, but when they got upstairs they could see her door blown off its hinges. They stepped inside and everything was a mess. The TV was on its side but they could see what was going on. They saw the police show down with the ponies going on live, and then suddenly they saw a black Alicorn with a dark blue swirling mane appear out of nowhere. The Alicorn enveloped the ponies near it in a visible magic shield of dark energy. It then spoke in a loud booming voice, “Enough, my brave little ponies flee to the forest, and I will protect you from these monsters.” The Alicorn’s voice was distinctly female, and to Ryan and Celestia very familiar. It was Luna, but how they did not know.

Luna looked as the unicorns helped the earth ponies that were still breathing to the tree line and she only turned to the humans as she felt their bullets try to break through her shield. Then once again in the booming voice she addressed them, “You dare try and kill me when I have done nothing but help those being mistreated by your kind. Let it be known that pony kind has suffered under human oppression long enough. I will not stand for your mistreatment of pony kind any more. The revolution has started and I call to all ponies to throw off their shackles and join us. The Pony Resistance Force will not rest until we are granted a place free from human oppression. It doesn’t matter that we were made by human, because you made us with the intelligence and emotion. We are not property, but sentient creatures the same as you.”

Luna’s eyes flashed, the wind picked up and suddenly the moon eclipsed the sun, “To show you the extent of my conviction I will show the might of an Alicorn. We are the mother’s of our race and contain the full potential of our race.” She then called upon all her magic she felt the control chip try to activate the kill switch that should terminate her, but her magic and rage completely destroyed it this time. Then she summoned forth a fireball the same as she used against Celestia, but on a more massive scale. Then she launched it into the crowd of humans. The News crew luckily far enough away not to be caught in the blast recording all of it, the fireball exploded with massive force. Luna hadn’t wished to kill anyone but only to scare them. The fireball left minor burns and knocked people down from the concussion of the explosion. A few people towards the epic center sustained major injuries mainly from rounds cooking off in their guns and magazines on their belts.

Luna used the explosion to slip away into the woods. Most the ponies had stopped when the fireball had exploded, and only came too as Luna tried to round them up. She called to all she could find and told them to follow her. She gathered as many as she could and even recruited a few pegasi to help her. She sent a few pegasi to find a place they could hide before the humans had a chance to recover and come after them.

A dark blue pegasus mare flew up to Luna, “Ummm, miss Alicorn I think I found someplace for us, but it seems a little out of place here. It looks as if it hasn’t seen any humans in a very long time.” She kind of looked nervous since Luna’s power was still radiating off of her, and the fact the moon was still eclipsing the sun.

Luna looked at the mare, “Show me please and my name is Luna. You have nothing to fear from me. I am here to help every one of you. I know how it feels to be mistreated by the humans.” She smiled at the pegasus.

“But the moon is blocking out the sun making it hard to see, and it didn’t start until you showed up. And since you have a cutie mark with the moon and all, I thought maybe you could you know fix it.” The pegasus smiled with a very shy and innocent smile.

Luna looked at her flank and realized the pegasus spoke the truth, “Huh? When did that appear? I have never had a cutie mark. I was told my sister and I probably would never get one. Show me this place and then I will see what I can do. “

The pegasus looked at Luna and saluted her. She then flew off with Luna in tow. They flew for about three minutes and came to what appeared to be an ancient castle, but it looked unlike anything the humans had built. As Luna got close she could feel magic emanating off of it. It was in good shape, and even the trees hadn’t growing into it. She had a feeling that the reason it was still in such good shape was the magic was protecting it and hid it from anyone without magic.

“Lead all the ponies that are with us here. We shall use this place for now. I am going to stay here to try and see if I can fix the moon somehow. Oh, and what is your name?” Luna inquired of the pegasus.

“My name is Rainbow Flash. Fastest pegasus I know of.” She puffed out her chest. “I will get them here Miss Luna.” Then she darted off in hurry to get the rest of the ponies to the castle.

Luna now left to her own thoughts looked at her flank again and thought on it. It did seem that the moon eclipsed the sun when she began to fully release her magic even though there was not supposed to be a solar eclipse now. She reached out with her magic now fully at her command, and felt the moon. It felt right to her as if she was meant to be in control of it. She willed it back into its normal position, and felt it resist at first but then give. The moon slowly moved out from in front of the sun and returned to its original position in the sky.

Now with that fixed she knew her next course of action. She knew Celestia would be hard to sell on this revolution she had started, but what if she could make another Alicorn to help her. She remembered something Eric had said to her before he tortured her. That they had developed another serum to produce an Alicorn with different genes should they ever need to bred them, but she had never heard of it being used. She had overheard a few of the others talk of it too. Supposedly it didn’t have the human genes in it, because it was meant to be used on a human. She assumed that was another reason it was never used. She began to plan her infiltration into Lunar Technologies.