• Published 27th Mar 2012
  • 4,550 Views, 265 Comments

The Order of Koaxia - HellRyden



Six incredibly powerful beings arrive in Equestria, heralding an age of doom yet to arrive.

  • ...
13
 265
 4,550

Prologue

Prologue

~

The moon shone like a beacon, illuminating the idyllic lands that sprawled out before him in all its gentle brilliance, and he watched the world below him, surveying the realm much like how a god would survey his world. Beneath him, they scurried - like ants before men, they continued on with wrapping up their daily activities, returning back to the shelter of their homes for the night, all the whilst unaware of the all-seeing eyes that gazed down upon them.

As he stood atop the ephemeral surface of the cloud, his eyes closed and his senses cast out, winged figures darted around him every now and then, passing by the cloud but never coming within spotting distance of the figure. They would always come within mere feet of catching sight of him amongst the masses of white fluff, before inexplicably remembering some vague errand they had to run somewhere else, and then veer right off, ignoring the innocuous cloud.

All this was but background noise to him - as the hooded figure who stood atop the cloud immersed himself deep in a meditative trance, his consciousness spread outwards for miles around him, feeding him information on anything and everything that existed within his sensory range.

Nothing escaped his sight - not the infant rabbits poking their heads out of their burrows miles below him, not the dozens of flying pegasi that dominated the airspace around him, not the significant pool of magical energy he had been keeping an eye on for the past several hours, the source of which was a small, purple unicorn filly that would probably have barely reached his chest - and he was also certainly not taken aback by the new presence that suddenly popped up from behind him, landing lightly on its two feet right next to him as it settled down on his right.

“So...” The new arrival began, addressing the figure who had been standing atop the cloud for what had probably been hours. “What do you make of her?”

“What, this one?” The figure made a cursory gesture in the general direction of the unicorn he had been observing, and grinned from underneath his hood. “She is young, but extremely powerful for her age. She would make a fine vessel. But I have been observing the culture of this world - they might be in for a bit of a shock when we... introduce ourselves. Apparently, they are complete strangers to concepts such as violence and bloodshed - undoubtedly, they will scarcely be able to comprehend the horrors we have witnessed.”

“Not to mention perpetrated.” The new arrival muttered darkly, turning away slightly. “I’ve been keeping an eye on the others, too - they’re way too innocent. If we’re going to get anything done around here, somebody’s gotta break those losers in.”

“Patience, brother.” The figure reprimanded his cohort sharply, but did not raise his voice any louder than before. “It would not do for us to rush blindly into things after having planned for this for so long.”

“The others are getting impatient too, you know.” The newcomer replied testily. “We’ve already delayed long enough as it is - every second longer that we sit around here twiddling our thumbs, the Legion draws closer, and we’re not going to know how close they really are until it’s too late.”

“I will not let our Order which has stood for a thousand years meet its downfall now.” The figure now did raise his voice, if only slightly, but it was enough to cow his cohort. “Tell the others to continue their vigil - come this time, three days from now, we shall make our move. Only then will the opportunities be ripe... and the timing, just right.”

“If you say so...” The new arrival turned on his heel, stepping towards the edge of the cloud, but stopped just shy of leaping off of it, turning back to face the figure. “By the way, I still ain’t sure which one I should pick - you’re the one with the omniscience, what do you say?”

Again, from under his hood, the figure grinned as he let out a chuckle, and he turned to face his cohort.

“Definitely the rainbow one.”

The second figure let out a small “pffft” as he snorted. “Heh, figures you’d peg me for that sort. All right, I’ll see you tomorrow morning at the glades.”

Without another word, the new arrival nonchalantly stepped off the cloud, plummeting towards the ground that awaited miles below him... until his fall was abruptly broken as he disappeared in a flash of yellow lightning, simply vanishing from sight as the yellow flash streaked North.

Yet despite his comrade’s departure, the figure’s grin still persisted, and he returned to his meditative trance, contemplating the presence of the lavender unicorn filly that now resided within the massive trunk of a hollowed-out tree.

Tucking a sleepy infant dragonling into bed as she prepared herself for her nightly studies, she hummed a quiet tune to herself as she nodded in acknowledgement to the owl that had just flown in from one of the open windows, settling itself down quietly on the perch that had been placed next to the unicorn’s desk.

Twilight Sparkle... The figure mused to himself as he continued his observations, watching the unicorn closely. Yes... perhaps you and the other Bearers of the Elements of Harmony may make worthy vessels of power after all.

---

The Elements of Harmony are known to many as the most powerful form of magic known to Equestria. Together, their combined might has cleansed deities as powerful as Nightmare Moon of the evil that plagued her, and has imprisoned forces as insidious as Discord, the embodiment of Chaos itself.

So when news of six mysterious strangers, evidently not of this world, arrives in a letter from the Princess, with rumors abound that they are searching for the Bearers of the Elements, Twilight Sparkle is rather concerned, and more than a little suspicious, of their intentions for the Elements of Harmony, fearing that they might be plotting to either destroy them, or somehow steal its power for some unknown, nefarious purpose...

Except that they're not plotting the theft, or destruction, of the Elements.

They're plotting a succession - a succession of power UNTO the Bearers of the Elements. Powers the likes of which ponykind has never witnessed - and power which may upset the balance of magic in Equestria forever...

---

Ryden presents:

A Singapore Brony Society Production

“The Order of Koaxia”