• Published 19th Apr 2014
  • 679 Views, 38 Comments

I will kill you yet, Discord! - IMN



"But what did I ever do to you?" Discord asks. "You destroyed my kingdom." he answers bitterly. "Oh please" Discord throws his hands in the air in frustration "you do make that sound like it's a horrible thing.

  • ...
3
 38
 679

Part 1: awakening. Chapter 3: A party crasher with bad news*

To say that the party in Ponyville was a hit would be an understatement. It was the party of the millennium.

There were nearly literally thousands of activities to choose from, however, none of them pleased the Great and Powerful Trixie. Why? As she elegantly puts it: everything is tacky. Everything. From the brainwashed little forest animals working the contraptions, to the fact that no one has payed any attention to her, and that was getting on her very last nerve.

She sighted. As she trotted toward the outskirts of the shameless self-promotion party (the only bearable part of this ordeal), a pony crashed into the bushes right next to her. Oh great. It’s probably that insolent fool from the gentlecolt party. Lighting her horn in outrage, she screeched, “How dare you? You … you … wheel! You nearly squashed the great and powerful TRIXIE! Prepare to face the pain of ages!”

Turning to take a proper look at her target for the first time, Tixie stopped. Shocked, all she could do was gasp “You’re…”


Shining armor and his two princesses were rushing to the hospital tunnel. When they arrived at the ride/hospital, they were greeted by a large crowd.

“Princesses Coming through!” screamed Twilight Sparkle, shoving ponies out the incoming royalty’s path.

“This is so exciting. I can’t believe we’re going to meet her!” whispered Shining Armor to his wife as they trotted excitedly.

“It is, so try not to ruin it by saying something embarrassing again," his wife quipped, much to his embarrassment.

They took a small boat to one of the few occupied beds, making their way past the curtain separations. There, they saw the one and only: Daring Do.

She was in a pretty bad shape, covered from head to toe with bandages, and, judging by the bags in the trash cans, had received more than whatever was in her IV needle tonight.

“We came as soon as we heard,” Twilight Sparkle said while taking stock of the well wishers. She saw Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Soarin, Spitfire, Pinkie Pie, Cheese Sandwich, and Trixie?

“What are you all doing here?”

“Well,” Trixie explained, “The Meek and Humblest Trixie found the Amazing Daring Do injured when she nearly crashed landed on top of her in the shameless self-promotion party. So, she picked her up and started looking for the hospital. She got turned around and wound up at the racing field, where Rainbow Dash and Spitfire where having a few ‘good words.’”

“But then, we saw her like that and we just had to help,” interrupted Rainbow Dash.

"We love you, Daring do!" shouted a pony on a passing boats, "Yeah! You're awesome!" chorused another.

“I told them that she needed to go to the hospital, no matter how badass she is,” Continued Spitfire, “But I didn’t know where it was. I thought Soarin would know, since he got sick during the pie eating contest, but he got us lost.”

“And that is when they ran into me!” interjected Pinkie Pie, “I was just leaving the rock farming party, and heading to the rock tasting when I saw them, and I went like *gasp*, but Rainbow placed her hoof on my mouth said that this is an emergency and that they needed to go to the hospital, so I told them that I knew where the hospital was and led them but I got distracted by the balloon blowing party, which had an animal balloon making corner in front of the grand cupcake buffet, and got everypony lost again on a wonderful fun adventure until we ran into Fluttershy in the petting zoo party, and I came and asked her if she knew where the hospital is but she didn’t know, though she asked all of her animal friends and it turns out they didn't know where it was either, but the bear knew where to find Cheese Sandwich, and he lead us to the hospital; and that is how everypony came here!”

"You’re the stuff, Daring Do." came the voice of some pony of the passing boats, again. "You rock."

“Okay then… moving on.”

“Hush, puny alicorn! Trixie wants to hear the rest of the story.”

“But we need to understand what happened!” huffed Twilight.

“It’s alright princesses, I can give you the short version. Ahuizotl was after a very powerful artifact, a scythe used by an ancient king to protect his kingdom during the pre-discordian era.”

“Oh come on, you told us all about that already!” interrupted Rainbow Dash, “Get to the good part! Where Ahuizotl tried to get it using Sombra’s horn.”

“Sombra’s horn?” gasped Princess Cadence.

“Yeah! I bet it...”

“GIRLS!” screamed the annoyed princess of magic, “let her finish. Ms Do, please continue.”

“Anyway... What Ahuizotl didn’t count on was that the scythe was guarded by ...him," Daring gulped, she could still feel his eyes drilling a hole behind her skull, "a blue pegasus so insane, he made Discord normal in comparison."

“What do you mean by insane?” asked the captain.

“He…”

“Yes?”

“He killed them all.” Silence reign king. “He decapitated each and everyone of them. He … he … Oh Celestia, the blood!” Choking up a bit, she continued, “it only took him a second. He stepped away, them they were all gone. All but Ahuizotl. He … Even Ahui didn’t deserve to end like that.”

The stillness that fell over the group was rivaled in intensity only by the haze in Daring Do’s eyes. She had seen the horrors unseen by ponies for centuries. She had seen that stallions just… cease to exist. Her rival? Gone. Her innocence? Shattered. The brutality of those death had marked her, true, but worse of all was the murderer himself. He ended their lives casually. There was no reluctance. There was no remorse. Only the cold detachment that usually accompanied looking at a table. That was what truly marked her. That was what would haunt her dreams.

"Daring Do is our mare; if she can't do it, no one can!" interrupted the squad of pegasi cheerleaders that passing by.

"This is really getting annoying." muttered the irate mage.