• Published 20th Mar 2014
  • 988 Views, 127 Comments

Nyx and Crimson Fang! A collab of supernatural proportions (Nyx's POV) - Infinty Blade Brony



Pen strokes Nyx and Slendermares Crimson Fang adventure through the world of Equestria.

  • ...
27
 127
 988

The Magical Catasthrophy

Nyx awoke in a hospital bed with a headache that made her want to die. "Thank Celestia your awake!" said her bat pony friend Crim at her bedside "the doctors said you might not make it, but you did, and...." Nyx raised a hoof and pressed them to her head.
"Why does it feel like my brain is being scrambled by dynamite?" complained Nyx due to the outrageously painfull throbbing in the back of her head. "How long was I out?"
"A whole day." said Gage from a chair in the corner of the room "And to be honest it wasn't looking to good of a while there."
"Why am I in the hospital in the first place? I'm perfectly healthy....besides this headache" she pressed her hooves to her skull.
"Let me help you with that." said Gage holding out his hoof, and Nyx saw a yellowish ball floating in his hoof. He pointed it at her and tensed. She felt relief almost instantly.
Then she noticed something "Did you just use magic?" she asked, and Gage nodded "but your a pegasus." she said as he nodded again.
"Nyxie" he said "I'm a bright red pastel colored, talking, fourth wall defying, pegasus pony and that's what bothers you?" Nyx nodded. "Well now you know."
"Here." said Crim handing her a cup of water. Nyx graciously excepted it, and chugged it in a single gulp. "Better?"
"Better." answered Nyx having a look around the room. It was a generic hospital room with a single bed, some chairs, and couches, also this one had a huge window to the left of the bed. She then turned to Crim who now had a cardboard box labeled 'Costumes'.
"I thought you might want to see my costume I've been working on it while you were out." said Crim. She then proceeded to open the box and pull out a brown hood, a leather looking outfit with pockets, and sheathes all over it, and an assortment of plastic knives. "It was a pain to sneak in....oh I also brought yours!" she said pulling out Nyx's half finished Knight costume. It's main body was a blue fabric with Luna's crest on its front, it also has a black cloak that attaches to her shoulders. The armor is a plastic chain mail hauberk, and a plastic helmet. It was missing a few bits, and bobs but that was about it.
"I guess I have time." said Nyx smiling "so let's get to work."
"So close to the last chapters name." said Gage who received awkward glances from the fillies.
"Okay....." said Crim as a doctor walked in and asked for Gage.
"I'll be right back kiddos." he said following the doctor out the door. When they were outside the door Gage asked "So doc what do you want to talk to me about?"
"It's about what happened to Nyx." replied the doctor (no not The Doctor) "you are her guardian right?"
"As of now yes." said Gage "Now tell me what's wrong." After a long time of science talk that made Gage's brain hurt the doctor said.
"In short her magic is killing her." she said. Now that caught Gage off guard.
"Wait WHAT!" he said "her magic is killing her. Can't you guys do something about that?" he asked.
"I'm afraid as of now we can't, but there is good news if she refrains from magic she'll be fine." said the doctor Gage found out was named Caduceus.
"Well I guess I'll just brake the news......" he said, but Caduceus cut him off.
"Or you could tell her to try and refrain from magic above levitation for it seems to not set her off. At least that's what the tests say."
"At least she can use something." he said. He then thanked the doctor and walked in and told Nyx the watered down news.

Nyx was a little puzzled by Gage's request not to do magic she couldn't do it if she tried, but she trusted his judgement. "Not like I do it much anyway." she said linking another piece of plastic chain on her hauberk.
"Besides when you can use magic he said you can be allowed to levitate things at least." said Crim who then pushed her glasses back up her muzzle. "Done!" she said holding up her finished thieves costume. She only had to add a couple of things like boots, a muzzle cover, and a insignia witch was a bat in front of a full moon.
Nyx on the other hoof had an entire hauberk to make, and she still didn't have a sword for her scabbard, and what's a knight without a sword? "Hey Crim" Nyx said getting Crims attention "do you know were I can get a toy sword for my scabbard?" she asked. Crim sighed and shook her head.
"Sorry the shops were sold out I saw Button Mash walk out with the last sword." said Crim "and the contest is tonight!" she said. Nyx was suddenly worried how was she supposed to make a mail hauberk in just a few short hours?
"I believe I can help." said Gage seeming like he read her mind as he pulled out a plastic hauberk, and a wooden sword.
"Oh yes you did." said Nyx smiling for she now had a finished costume!

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait guys been having writers block, and was busy with stuff