• Published 29th Apr 2014
  • 17,388 Views, 695 Comments

Kingdom Hearts: Equestria Girls - Golden Flare



Sora and Donald arrive at Canterlot High to search for a magical disturbance by the order of King Mickey, But when they get there, they get more than they bargained for.

  • ...
24
 695
 17,388

Chapter 9: Dance Floor Battleground

Author's Note:

Okay, I've decided to put Sora in the song, "Helping Twilight Win The Crown", so I'll explain how it's going work, I'm going to color-code the lyrics so you know who's singing what.

Sora

Twilight

Applejack

Rainbow Dash

Rarity

Fluttershy

Pinkie

All

And just so no one gets confused, when there are two lines of the same lyrics together, that means two characters are singing the same thing.

Alright, just follow along to the music as it plays, ready?

(P.S. This is my first time writing a musical number, so let me know if I need to improve on anything.)

It was a normal day for the students of Canterlot High, during lunch period the students were either chatting amongst themselves, playing with their phones, or showing off to others at their table, Flash Sentry and a group of people who looked like his bandmates were eating their lunch and listening to Flash play his guitar.

Rarity, who was wearing a blue sweater with a yellow horseshoe shaped to look like a "C", sat down at a random table and discreetly put on her Wondercolt ears in preparation for her and her friend's performance.

Rainbow Dash, who wore the same sweater, sat down at a random table as well and put on her Wondercolt ears too.

Pinkie Pie, unlike Rarity and Rainbow Dash, was standing in the lunch line, but she was wearing the same blue sweater and put her Wondercolt ears as well. And when she did, she picked up a lunch tray, and banged it on the counter in a certain rhythm.

Soon after she did, Rarity stomped her feet to imitate the same rhythm, but clapped her hands to add to it.

Then Fluttershy did the same, banging on the table with two empty glasses. She sat next to Sora, who banged his Keyblade on table, copying her rhythm.

Applejack with her hands, clapped and banged on the table she was sitting at, following the rhythm.

Rainbow Dash had an empty lunch tray and banged it on her table in time with the rhythm her friends were making.

Everyone was perfectly in tune when Spike and Donald turned on the radio next to them and watched them as they sang,

Hey, hey, everybody

We've got something to say

We may seem as different

As the night is from day

But you look a little deeper

And you will see

That I'm just like you

And you're just like me

Yeah!

**Instrumental Break**

Hey, hey, everybody

We're here to shout

That the Magic of Friendship is what it's all about

Yeah, we thought we were different as the night is from the day

Until Twilight Sparkle helped us see another way

So get up, get down

If you're gonna come around

We can work together

Helping Twilight win the crown

So get up, get down

Cause it's gonna make a sound

If we work together

Helping Twilight Sparkle win the crown

Hey, hey, hands up now

Hey, hey, hands up now

We're sending a message to the crowd

We're sending a message to the crowd

Hands wave up, then come down

Hands wave up, then come down

We party together all around

We party together all around

Generous, Honesty

Laughter, Kindness, Loyalty

Twilight helped us each to see

All that we can be

All that we can be

So get up, get down

If you're gonna come around

We can work together

Helping Twilight win the crown

So get up, get down

Cause it's gonna make a sound

If we work together

Helping Twilight Sparkle win the crown

I'm gonna be myself

No matter what I do

And if we're different, yeah, I want you to be true to you

If you follow me

We'll put our differences aside

We'll stick together and start working on that school pride!

Jump up, make a sound

HEY!

Stomp your hooves, turn around

Start now, make a change

Gonna come around

Jump up, make a sound

HEY!

Stomp your hooves, turn around

Canterlot Wondercolts

Help her win the crown

Jump up, make a sound

HEY!

Stomp your hooves, turn around

Start now, make a change

Gonna come around

Jump up, make a sound

HEY!

Stomp your hooves, turn around

Canterlot Wondercolts

Help her win the crown

Jump up, make a sound

HEY!

Stomp your hooves, turn around

Start now, make a change

Gonna come around

Jump up, make a sound

HEY!

Stomp your hooves, turn around

Canterlot Wondercolts

Help her win the crown

Jump up, make a sound

HEY!

Stomp your hooves, turn around

Start now, make a change

Gonna come around

Sora snuck out of the crowd and grabbed his backpack with Donald in it.

"Sora, what are you doing?!" Donald whispered.

"It's ok, Donald," Sora began as he looked back to Twilight and her friends and smiled, "I think they can take it from here."

And with that, Sora and Donald left the cafeteria and with all the commotion, nobody noticed him leave. He walked down the hall and came up to a corner when he and Donald heard something that took them by surprise, "Take those off!"

He knew that voice all too well, it was Sunset Shimmer. He and Donald took a peek around the corner and saw that it was indeed Sunset and her cronies, Snips and Snails.

"I have something I need you to do." Sunset said with a sinister grin slowly growing upon her face.

She walked down the hall while motioning Snips and Snails to follow her. She headed past the corner that Sora and Donald were hiding behind, but she didn't notice them, she must be so focused on what she has planned that she wasn't paying much attention to her surroundings. Snips and Snails didn't notice them either because they were too focused on following Sunset.

When they were out of earshot, Donald spoke up, "Let's follow 'em, Sora!"

"You took the words right outta my mouth!" Sora agreed.

They rushed to catch up with Sunset and her lackeys, so they can stop whatever Sunset has planned.

***

Sunset, Snips, and Snails walked into the gym with the decorations that Pinkie and Sora worked so hard on. Sunset grinned as she noticed that the three of them were the only ones there.

"Trash the place." Sunset ordered, "I want no streamer or balloon untouched, got it?"

The two saluted in conformation.

"Good. I'll be right back." Sunset said.

She left the gym as Snips and Snails prepared to carry out their orders. They furrowed their brows and grinned in determination.

"Ready Snails?" Snips asked.

"Duh, ready!" Snails answered.

"Hold it right there!"

Snips and Snails turned to see Sora and Donald with Keyblade and Mage's Staff in hand and wing. They readied their battle stances and glared at Sunset's lackeys.

"Duh, what're we gonna do Snips? Sora's here!" Snails asked in a panic.

Snips flexed his muscles (if he has any) downwards and replied, "We knock him down a peg!"

Snails nodded and put up his dukes while Snips did the same and bounced from his left foot to his right foot.

Sora charged first at Snips, he swung his Keyblade in an upwards arc and knocked Snips into the air, Sora jumped after Snips and spun in midair, hitting Snips again in the process with a horizontal slash, which flung him into a nearby table and crushed it.

Snails was astonished at Sora's skill, so much in fact, that he didn't notice Donald whack him in the head with his Mage's Staff. When Snails finally began to focus on his own battle, Donald was nowhere to be seen.

"Huh? Where'd he go?" Snails asked.

Then Snails smelled something unusual, "Duh, is someone cooking something? It smells like it's burning."

"Well, duh! IT'S YOU!" Snips yelled in a panic.

Snails looked behind him and saw Donald using his Firaga spell on him.

"AHHHHHHH!!! PUT IT OUT! PUT IT OUT!!" Snails screamed.

Donald was on his back laughing hysterically while Snails was running around the gym with his butt on fire, smashing anything he runs into, chairs, balloons, streamers, and then he finally stopped when he jumped into a punch bowl laying on top of another table.

"Ahhhhh..." Snails sighed in relief.

Meanwhile, Sora is knocking Snips every which way, it's obvious that Snips was fighting a losing battle. Now Sora was whacking him in the face left and right with his Keyblade, until he did another upwards arc, which threw him into the disco ball and smashed it. Snips and the disco ball fell to the floor, Snips was dizzy when he hit the floor and the disco ball cracked halfway open.

Snips and Snails regrouped together after they recuperated from their respective beatings, but unfortunately they let their guard down as Sora and Donald charged at them again. The battle continued on for a while...

***

Finally, the battle was over, Sora and Donald were panting heavily and Snip and Snails sprawled out on the floor, unconscious. How could a couple of tools like them put up so much of a fight?

"Well, at least we stopped them, right Donald?" Sora asked with a smile.

"Uhh, Sora? Look." Donald said, pointing at the gym.

Sora looked around and instantly became slackjawed. The gym was in ruins, broken tables, popped and deflated balloons-

CLICK!

-streamers torn up while still hanging and all over the floor, foldable chairs thrown everywhere-

CLICK!

-and the poor disco ball, smashed open beyond repair-

CLICK!

-okay, seriously, where is that sound coming from?!

"Well done, Sora."

Sora and Donald gasped in surprise and they turned to face Her.

"Thank you for giving me what I need to take down your beloved Twilight Sparkle. It's a bit much, but I'll take what I can get." said Sunset Shimmer with her cell phone in her hands.

Sora growled and said, "Why can't you just leave Twilight alone?! She didn't do ANYTHING to you!!"

"Oh, THAT'S where you're wrong, Keyblade Wielder," Sora was taken aback by those last two words, "that miserable excuse for a Princess took away MY rightful place, I'm just doing whatever it takes to get it back." Sunset grinned sinisterly.

"Quit the games!" Sora demanded as he readied his Keyblade.

Sunset snapped her fingers and much to Sora and Donald's surprise, Several Dual Blades surrounded them on all sides.

"Like my new henchmen?" Sunset asked, "Once I get the crown, your Keyblade will be next! Farewell for now... Hero."

Sunset laughed manically as she walked down the hall, leaving Sora and Donald to fend off the Dual Blades.

"Sunset!!" Sora shouted, "Urgh! Outta my way!!"

Sora tried to fight the Dual Blades, but they wouldn't budge, much to Sora's frustration. But it soon changed to confusion as the Dual Blades retreated by disappearing.

Sora and Donald viewed their surroundings, Sunset was nowhere to be found and Snips and Snails disappeared as well. Sora turned back to the disaster he and Donald created, he really made a mess of the place. Sora lowered his head in depression and let his body slump to the floor.

"Sora?" Donald asked with concern.

"What am I gonna do Donald?" Sora began, "I might have just ruined Twilight's chance to getting her crown back. And now, all of a sudden, Sunset wants my Keyblade. How does she even know about it?"

Donald was trying to figure out what to say to Sora, but he continued, "What am I gonna say to Twilight? What if she hates me? What if her friends hate me?"

Sora began to tear up, "What am I gonna do?"

Donald thought about it and furrowed his brow when he found an answer, "We have to tell them the truth."

Sora perked up and shifted his gaze towards Donald, who continued to speak, "Honesty is always the best policy, Sora. Hopefully they'll understand."

"And what if they don't, Donald? What if they think I MEANT to destroy the gym?" Sora asked.

"They won't." Donald said simply.

Sora just stared at Donald with a conflicted expression as he continued, "Remember what we agreed on, Sora? No frowning, no sad faces."

Sora lowered his head even more only to whip back up with the biggest smile he could muster. Donald began to laugh joyfully.

"Now that's the Sora I remember!" Donald said.

Sora and Donald shared a good laugh together, Sora felt like it was a long time ago since he laughed, everything has been focused on stopping Sunset and returning the crown. It felt good not to feel anger all the time for Sora. But unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.

BRRRRRRRING!

Sora and Donald started to panic at that moment, if they were caught in a destroyed gym, game over!

"Let's get of here before someone sees us!" Donald exclaimed.

"Right!" Sora agreed.

With that said, Sora and Donald rushed out of the gym before they were caught red-handed. Their next course of action was to find Twilight and her friends and warn them about the gym... and maybe a huge apology to boot.

***

Students began to pour out into the hallways as the bell rang, each one of them wearing Wondercolt ears and tails.

"Doesn't everyone look just fabulous?" Rarity asked.

"It was a great idea, Rarity." Twilight said.

Applejack looked surprised at the look on Sunset's face as she and her lackeys walked through the halls, causing everyone to have panicked expressions, but Applejack's look soon turned displeased, "Don't know what she's smilin' about. Twilight's the one that's gonna be Princess of the Fall Formal."

Sunset walked past the six girls with Snips giving the "I'm watching you" motion with his two fingers and Snails quietly snickering to himself. Twilight and her friends just stared as Sunset and her cronies approached a door in the hallway; the troublesome trio gazed at them and turned their attention to the door, which Sunset knocked on three times.

The door opened to reveal a woman with dark blue and silver streaked hair, lighter blue skin, aqua-blue eyes, wearing a pink, white collared shirt with a moon symbol on the front of collar. She saw Sunset with a troubled expression as she spoke, "Vice Principal Luna, something terrible has happened!"

***

The woman known as Vice Principal Luna and Sunset Shimmer found the ruins of the once decorated gym.

"Isn't this just awful?" Sunset asked, feigning distress, "And after Pinkie Pie and Sora worked so hard to make things so perfect." Sunset gave Luna the "puppy dog eyes" look and continued, "Why would Twilight Sparkle do something like this?"

"Why would you think Twilight was responsible for something like this?" Vice Principal Luna asked.

"Because I have proof." Sunset said, pulling out a folder.

Little did the two know that Flash Sentry was spying on them. Flash had a suspicious look on his face and left the area.

***

Twilight found herself in the near-dark abyss of Vice Principal Luna's office, the only light being the sun barely shining through the half-open blinds.

Twilight was the first to speak, "But, but I don't understand."

Luna set the folder on her desk, allowing it to open on its own, "This is clearly you in the photographs, is it not?"

Twilight looked at photos in the folder; Twilight was kicking a couple of chairs in the first photo, the second photo has Twilight kicking a wooden plank in half, and in the third photo, Twilight had a smile on her face as if she was satisfied.

Twilight, horrified by this impossible evidence, tried to speak, "Yes, but-"

Luna used her hands to slightly, but briefly, open the blinds a bit to peer through them and return her gaze to Twilight, "I think it should be fairly obvious that the school cannot let someone who would do something like THIS, compete for the Fall Formal crown."

Luna walked over to her desk and put her hands down on it, glaring at Twilight while the latter was trying to explain herself, but quickly submitted when she put her hands over her face.

With two quick knocks, Flash Sentry barged in, "Vice Principal Luna," the two turned to face him, "I found these in a trash can in the library." he walked in to give Luna his own evidence, Twilight couldn't believe the scene unfolding before her, "I thought you should see them." Luna looked over the evidence given to her; three cut out photos. She put Flash's evidence over Sunset's, they were a perfect match! "Someone obviously combined these photos to make it look like Twilight was the one who trashed the gym."

"I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, Flash." Luna said.

She turned to walk to her desk chair, sat down, and spoke to Twilight, "In light of this new evidence, you may of course continue your bid to be crowned the Princess of the Fall Formal."

Twilight smiled broadly and ran to hug Flash, opening the blinds and brightening the room in the process, "Thank you! You have no idea how important this is to me!"

Twilight soon realized what she was doing and let go of Flash while blushing and smiling nervously.

"What was I going to do? Not prove your innocence? Wouldn't be much of a Canterlot Wondercolt, would I?" Flash asked while shuffling closer to her.

"I am afraid enough damage has been done to the gym that we will have to postpone the dance until tomorrow night." Luna said as she was getting out of her chair, "If you will excuse me, I need to let my sister know about this latest development."

With that said, Luna exited her office and left the two alone. After a few short moments, Flash broke the silence, "So, uh, I was wondering... If you aren't already going with somebody, want to go to the Fall Formal with me tomorrow night?"

Flash and Twilight stared into each other's eyes, Twilight still blushing with a blissful smile on her face, put her head on Flash's chest and spoke, "That would be-" but it was then she finally a shocking truth, "Tomorrow night?!" Twilight began freaking out, saying "No!" several times, much to Flash's dismay. She grabbed her backpack and rushed out of Luna's office, saying, "I can't- The portal- It'll be too late!!"

Flash walked out of the office, cupped his hands over his mouth, and called out, "One 'no' would've been fine!"

Flash just roamed the halls with a defeated look on his face...

To Be Continued...