• Published 27th Mar 2012
  • 1,975 Views, 28 Comments

The Shadows Saga - Tagshadow



A unicorn colt wanders into Ponyville. But what's so special about him?

  • ...
0
 28
 1,975

PreviousChapters Next
Shadows Epilogue

Tag was sitting in the doctor’s office at Canterlot Castle, he had been for a while. The door creaked open and an aging white unicorn colt walked in reading from a clipboard, he looked up at Tag as he closed the door behind him.

“Tag, correct?” He asked briskly. Tag nodded.

“Yes sir.” He said. The doctor nodded to himself and flipped the page he was reading.

“They tell me you where insane not even two hours ago.” He said.

“Yes sir.” Tag said.

“And now you’re not.” He asked.

“Yes sir.” Tag said. The doctor raised an eyebrow.

“Is yes sir the only thing you’re going to say to me?”

“No sir.”

“Well please don’t call me sir, I am a pony first and a doctor second.” He said.

“Of course.” Tag said. The doctor trotted up to him and started to examine him, pulling at a leg and opening his eyelids.

“Tell me, do you have an urge to kill somepony?” He asked.

“No.”

“What do you remember from before?”

“All of it.” Tag said simply.

“All of it?”

“Every single minute.” The doctor gave him a surprised look.

“Well I didn’t expect that.” He muttered to himself and referred back to his clipboard. “How do you feel right now?”

“Perfectly fine.” The doctor looked right into his eyes.

“What do you want to do right now?”

“Live.” Tag said simply.

“Good, very good, but there is one final question. What did it?”

“What did what?” Tag asked, confused.

“What… snapped you out of it shall we say.” The doctor clarified. Tag smiled to himself.

“Remembering who I was and who I was important to.” He said. The doctor looked at him for a long time.

“Good. I can see that you are a mentally healthy, albeit physically worn pony.” He said finally.

“And I can go now?” Tag asked doubtfully. The pony nodded.

“Yes, there isn’t much to it. But I would suggest that you check into the nearest hospital should something… occur.” He said. Tag stood up. “Allow me to show you out.” The doctor led him out of the hospital wing where most of his friends, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were waiting for him. The doctor beckoned for Princess Celestia to follow him and led her to one side followed by Luna.

“Tag… are you okay?” Twilight asked curiously with one eye on the princesses. Tag nodded.

“I’m perfectly fine apparently.” Tag said. Pinkie was bouncing up and down.

“Oh fun! That means we can have a party when we get back!” She said excitedly. Tag smiled.

“Most definitely.” He said happily.

“But if yer perfectly fine then why is the doctor talking to the princesses like that?” Applejack asked following Twilight’s eye. Tag shrugged.

“Probably updating them on the finer details of my amazing recovery.” Tag said. “I think he’s slightly skeptical about the whole thing.”

“Well you certainly have changed darling.” Rarity observed. “You carry yourself with much more confidence.”

“Well I assume that being insane would change you ever so slightly.” He answered. Princess Celestia had joined them.

“Tag, I am pleased to hear of your recovery and apologize for not having done something sooner. If I had listened to… Iron Hoof’s advice instead of Tac’s then the situation might have been resolved sooner.” She said apologetically. Tag shook his head.

“Think nothing of it Princess. I understand that you trusted Tac and it was right of you to listen to him.” He said reassuringly. “I would have done the same thing in that situation.” Princess Celestia nodded in acknowledgment.

“Thank you, that is a weight of my chest.” She said gratefully.

“Once again, think nothing of it.” Tag said hearteningly. “Excuse for asking but where is Tor?”

“In a room down the hall, he’s still unconscious.” The doctor explained.

“Do you think I might be able to visit him?” Tag asked.

“Of course. This way.” The doctor said leading Tag away from his friends.

“We’ll catch up later!” Twilight called after him, Tag nodded back to her and followed the doctor. He opened the door, Tag cold immediately see Spike curled up asleep in the corner and Fluttershy softly stroking Tor’s hoof as he slept. Tag trotted up to Fluttershy quietly and sat beside her at Tor’s bedside. She looked at him slowly.

“So good to see you’re okay, Tag.” She whispered to him.

“Thank you, but I’m slightly worried about Tor.” Tag sighed looking at his brother as he slept. Fluttershy stood up slowly.

“I’ll leave you two alone then.” She said sweetly and trotted out the door, taking Spike with her. Tag sat beside Tor’s bed for several minutes watching the gentle rise and fall of his chest. His eyes opened slightly and they focused on Tag.

“… Tag?” he asked weakly.

“I’m here, brother.” Tag said placing his hoof gently on Tor’s. Tor’s lips curved into a small smile.

“Nice… to know… what I saw… wasn’t true.” He whispered.

“What did you see?” Tag asked, playing dumb.

“I saw you… laughing, crying, jumping around like you were insane. It was horrible.” Tor said shivering weakly.

“Don’t worry.” Tag said soothingly. “The nightmare is over, go back to sleep and we’ll go home when you’re better.”

“I’ll be better tomorrow, you had to heal fast when you were in the Manehattan guard.” Tor said weakly. Tag hushed him.

“We’ll see about that.” He murmured.

“Goodnight, brother.” Tor said closing his eyes again.

“Goodnight.” Tag agreed. “See you in the morning.”

(Thank you all who stayed with me through to the end of Shadows. I’ll be taking a small hiatus to take a break, do school stuff and start writing the next in the series. I have no idea how long I’ll be gone but maximum is a month. [I doubt that] Anyway, much love to you all. –Tag)

PreviousChapters Next