• Published 17th Mar 2014
  • 3,819 Views, 219 Comments

The Lost Princesses - Night--Mist



Twilight is at the library again and notices a book that sparks her interest.

  • ...
6
 219
 3,819

A Ray Of Sunshine and Siblings Reunited

As Rainbow Dash and Silver Sword made their way through Ponyville, Silver Sword was still trying to get over the Rainbow Maned Princess's freak out. He knew she was eccentric about things, but finding out that the Princess of Equestria wanted to see her, it was at a whole nother level. "Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh. I just can't believe that Princess Celestia wants to see me," Rainbow Dash said for the... well, Silver Sword lost track around forty.

"Yes, but there is somepony else we have to find. She has a yellow fur and a red and gold mane," Silver Sword said.

"You talking about Sunset Shimmer?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Wait you two know each other?" Silver Sword inquired.

"Yeah. We hang out all the time. I mean, her magic is so awesome, the bullies don't even mess with her. That's why they try to get me and my other friends when she's not around," Rainbow Dash said.

"Can you take me to her?" Silver Sword requested.

"Sure, she should be at the library right now," Rainbow Dash said.

'Just like her sister. Always into learning her magic,' Silver Sword thought. "Alright, lead the way Rainbow Dash," Silver Sword offered.

Soon Rainbow Dash took flight and flew all over the place while still heading towards the library. Soon they finally made it to their destination, And just as they made it to the door, it swung open. "Hey there Sunset," Rainbow Dash said to the filly who's nose was stuck in a book.

Sunset Shimmer peaked up and saw her friend with a grown up unicorn stallion. "Hey Rainbow. You know the latest copy of Daring Do isn't here yet," Sunset Shimmer said as she set her book in her saddle bag.

"Yeah I know, but that's not the reason we're here," Rainbow Dash said.

Sunset was a bit confused by the statement. "We? This stallions with you?" Sunset pondered.

"Mmhm," Rainbow Dash said.

"My name is Lord Silver Sword. Pleasure to meet you Sunset Shimmer," he politely bowed.

Sunset blushed. "I'm no noble, you don't have to bow to me," Sunset pointed out.

"It was just a common courtesy I was brought up to do young one. Now as Rainbow Dash has pointed out, we are not here for a copy of Daring Do. We actually here looking for you," Silver Sword informs her.

"Me?" Sunset asked.

"Indeed. Princess Celestia requests and audience with you and Rainbow Dash, as well as her student Twilight Sparkle," Silver Sword answered.

"The Twilight Sparkle? And the Princess wants to see me? No way," Sunset said.

"Well, I wouldn't be here without reason. Now I must speak with your guardians and tell them what is going on," Silver Sword said.

It didn't take long for Silver Sword to take care of everything. The ponies that had been taking care of the two fillies, knew what was happening. They were happy that the three sisters were finally being reunited with their mother. When Silver, Sunset and Rainbow arrived at Canterlot after a long two hour travel, the two were awestruck at the beauty of the city. One thing that threw them off was that they were surrounded by guards. Sunset figured it must be because of Lord Silver Sword. She knew he was Princess Celestia's chief adviser, so he must have been important. Many mares and stallions who were looking at them. Possibly because their sense of fashion was different to those of the ponies of Canterlot. Soon, they came to the doors of Canterlot Castle. "Lord Silver Sword, good day to you sir, Princess Celestia was beginning to worry," one of the royal guards stated.

"I suspected as much. But I am here now, and with two very important ponies as well Lieutenant Ginger Mane," Silver Sword said.

Rainbow Dash and Sunset Shimmer had looks of confusion. Had Silver just called them important ponies? They were just two fillies from a small town. How were they of any importance? "Well, I shall not keep you three or the Princess and the others waiting, right this way," Ginger Mane said as he led them inside two other guards stood watch. Rainbow Dash and Sunset shimmer were even more awe struck at the castle's interior, and felt so lucky to have a chance to see it all. Soon the group of ponies came upon another set of doors and at the top sat a very distinct symbol, and Sunset having done her homework on the castle itself, knew this had to be Princess Celestia's bed chambers. Lieutenant Ginger knocked on the double doors, and the group saw a gold aura surround the one he knocked. Soon it opened and Silver motioned the two young fillies to follow him. When they walked in, the two fillies' jaws dropped simultaneously. Not only was the ruler of Equestria there, but so was her niece and nephew, and her prized pupil, from the news Sunset had received. And of course who could forget the baby dragon, Spike.

"Hello there Rainbow Dash and Sunset Shimmer. It's so good to see you again," Celestia said.

"Again?" Sunset pondered.

Not once had she remembered meeting the princess of day in her life. Twilight giggled, "You're going to find out in a moment."

Rainbow Dash raised an eye brow, "Find out what?"

"Well, I think it's best that Celestia tells you," Cadence said.

"Have to admit aunt Celestia, they definitely have a different nature then I am used to," Blueblood said.

"That's because you barely ever leave the castle grounds," Cadence spat.

"Can't argue there I guess," Blueblood said.

"Alright you two that's enough. Now Sunset, Dash, I know that this may be hard to accept but your not here just to have a surprise visit with me. It's been a long time since I was able to set eye on either of you, and it's torn me apart for so long. I sometimes wish events of the past had not led to what I had to do," Celestia said.

"I'm not sure I follow. Shouldn't we have remembered meeting you before?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"No, you were only foals...... But a mother never forgets," Celestia said.

Sunset and Rainbow Dash went slack jawed once again, their mouths nearly touched the floor. "Wait wait wait, so your our mother, then that means, Rainbow Dash and I are..... sisters," Sunset deduced.

"Yes, you two and Twilight Sparkle," Celestia said.

Sunset and Rainbow Dash look over at Twilight with expressions of shock. "B-but, why were we living with other ponies?" Rainbow asked.

"I'll let your sister explain that one," Celestia said.

Twilight gave them a run down on how this all came to pass. Rainbow's mind was spinning. Sunset was just as mind boggled. But soon the three had a hug and giggle fest, so happy to be reunited once more. "Hey, where's my hug?" Celestia said.

Rainbow joked, "I'm too cool for mom hugs. I mean, I'm a princess."

"Is that so?" Celestia grinned devilishly.

Soon she grabbed her daughter and ruffled her mane while holding her in a hug. Rainbow couldn't help but giggle. Soon Celestia stopped and Rainbow Dash turned around and hugged her mother. Soon Sunset and Twilight joined in. "It's so great to have you back here and safe again. I honestly couldn't last much longer without all of you. I'm so sorry I had to send you away," Celestia said.

"It's okay. You had to do it for our protection," Sunset Shimmer said.

"Yeah, but, how were you able to find a Rainbow maned colt to take care of me?" Rainbow asked.

"Well, oddly enough, he's a distant relation that extends back to my mortal sister, Gaea rest her soul," Celestia said sadly.

"Cool," Rainbow Dash said.

"Oh there is so much I want to tell you both," Twilight said.

"I'm sure you have much to share with them Twilight, but first, let us have dinner," Celestia said.

"I think it might be wise to have it here," Cadence said.

"I second that. I know they are my cousins and all, but they have not yet acquired their royal manners, which I have no doubt will be picked up fast," Blueblood said.

"Don't be so sure cuz," Rainbow said.

Blueblood was taken aback, then he laughed. "Rainbow Dash certainly has your sense of humor Aunt," Blueblood exclaimed.

"Indeed. Silver Sword, would you like to join us?" Celestia asked.

"Oh, I wish I could you majesty, but I have to report to the royal court. I've already gotten nobles asking about my travels, and I am sure Fancy Pants will want to hear about Ponyville," Silver Sword said.

"Alright, I understand. I don't know how I can ever thank you for this," Celestia replied.

"Oh, no thanks is necessary your highness," Silver exclaimed.

Soon Silver took his leave and Celestia continued to stare at the door he had trotted out through. Twilight spoke quietly to her cousin Cadence, "Somepony's in looove."

Cadence giggled, grabbing her aunts attention to snap back to reality. "Right now let us call for the castle cooks and butlers to prepare what you would all like," Celestia said, trying to hide her blush.

The family all began to tell the butlers and cooks what they would like to eat and then Twilight told her sisters about how her number one assistant/adopted brother came to be, not prepared to find out what was next.

Author's Note:

End of chapter five. Phew, that took a while. Now all I gotta focus on is my other chapter I was working on for MLF:FiP. Anyways, so, the siblings are reunited and are happy to be with their mother once more. I hope it wasn't too rushed or boring. I'll admit that the Navy has had me exhausted with work even though we're back home, and.... and.... *plop onto my lunar pillow.* Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Lauren: Oh dear, you've got to stop taking on so much dear, or these sleeping spellls will happen more often. *Puts a star cover blanket around me to keep me warm.* Now, let my grandson know what you think of this latest chapter, or I'll be coming to send a few of you to Tartarus.

Nightmare Moon: Well that's a little harsh, they haven't even gotten a chance to finish their dreams yet.

Lauren: I meant those who are awake. Sorry, forgot to specify.

Comments ( 85 )

Okay frist

The family all began to tell the butlers and cooks what they would like to eat and then Twilight sold her sister about how her number one assistant/adopted brother came to be, not prepared to find out what was next.

the part were

Twilight sold her sister

shouldn't it be

Twilight told her sisters

?secound I really enjoyed this chapter and hopw to read more chaptwrs of this story soon as well as not in any order Maternal Instinct, Brothers of the Night, Mommy Tia, My Little Foals: Friendship is Padded, and Sisterly Bonds Run Deep. As well as maybe seeing a sequel to The Magic Within. But I know you said that you want to wait until you got done with most of you other storys before you make a sequle so I understand and will wait for the sequel for as long and it will take. But I do hope to read more of the storys you are still working on. As well as hope you have a nice day:twilightsmile:

So I just finished reading what you have so far, consider this to be a comment on the entire story not just this chapter.

First, I have to congratulate you with coming up with an interesting story idea. I've seen stories with Rainbow, Twilight, and Sunset as Celestia's daughter, but never all three at once. The motivation behind hiding them as her daughters is a little unclear, but I've gathered that she hopes they one day might be able to help save Luna from the Nightmare and that they needed to be kept secret for their own protection. This begs the question of why they all weren't her students to start with and why she's making their heritage public.

In addition, there's no nice way of saying this, but your writing style is pretty unrefined. Dialogue is clunky, unnatural, and all over the place; it needs a lot of work. In addition, your grammar and sentence structures are pretty terrible. From the look of things, you can't really do anything to improve other than practice and read other well written stories to learn from. As an immediate solution, I'd recommend finding someone who'd be willing to be your editor.

6836442 Thanks for the correction.

Two years? well better late than never.

6836589 This fills me with hope for some of the other stories on hiatus I have.

6836597 Yeah, I'm trying to recharge the battery to add more.

6836636 Oh not just yours but all the stories I tracked that are on hiatus.

6836572 your welcome and again hope you have a nice day

Luna can't hurt me. To do that she would have to find me.

6958080 Luna: *Appears behind you.* Found you. Now let my son know what you think.

6958144 No. My opinion stays inside.

6959103 Luna: So you're saying you want to go to Tartarus?

6959178 You have no power in my realm. *Seeing Luna like this fills you with determination.

6959190 Luna: *Grabs you by the neck, making you numb and takes you through the rift, making you transform.*

6959208 *transformed into a wolf not a pony* Why do you do this? WHY?

6959219 Luna: Because you refuse to let my son know what you think. Plus, your a cute little winged wolf pup. *Starts to scratch you behind your ear.* Nightshade will enjoy having a pup around.

6959268 No. Not what I meant. I meant why do you kidnap innocent people and turn them in to foals? *looks at myself* I have wings?

6959295 Well, I think you meant foals, but that's actually my sister and Discord you are talking about. I have no idea why they did it, but you on the other hoof, refused to let my son know what you think, and for that, you get turned into a cute little pup.

6959303 O.k. makes sense.
Discord:

No. Go Away.

6959315 *Casts a spell on Discord, encasing him into stone again.*

Discord: Mmmmph!

6959346 Why does he have to be here? Hey Discord why don't you go bother some village or something?

6959370 Luna: *Sends him to Tartarus.*

6959376 Well that was cool. So, when do we go.

6959378 Luna: Go? Go where?

Comment posted by Princess Elytra deleted Feb 21st, 2016

6959421 I would like to meet the foals.

6959455 Luna: Oh, one moment. *Teleporst you to the Lunar Chambers.*

All the foals: PUPPY! *Crawl towards you and Luna.*

6959504 (Only ponies with a high magical signature can understand me)

6959546 (Okay, all alicorns do have that, especially bat pony alicorns, or should I say Baticorns? Lol.)

6959566 (So which ponies can understand me?)

6959578 (Shadowmane, Peanut Butter, Twilight Sparkle, Tornado Blitz, Onyx, Fire Star, Sky Hooves, Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Lauren Faust, Bonnie, and well, me.)

6959624 (o.k.) This is awesome. (I did like the last chapter)

6959669 (Thanks)
*All the foals crowd you.*

6959878 I'm getting claustrophobic. Help.*lies down*

6959953 Luna: *Levitates you from the foals grasp.*

6960077 Aren't you going to tell them about me?

6960087 Luna: Little ones. This is Lightning Strike. He's someone who questioned the power of alicorns and now he's gonna stay here with us. Nightshade will look after him as his new mommy.

Nightshade: Hello there Lightning. *nuzzles you.*

Me: Mama Woona, I can understand Discord doing this for fun, but why you bring anodew human hewe?

Luna: Because he was being difficult.

Me: Oh. Otay.

6960155 It's not my fault that I don't listen to authority. *Sees Luna's face* I need an adult.

6960196 Luna: I am an adult. And quit acting like I'm gonna hurt you. But you do need to start listening to your elders little one. *Sets you by Nightshade.*

6960216 *I look at Luna as if I'm testing her* What if I don't respect you?

6960236 Well, I'll have to let Nightshade decide what she thinks should be done... since she is your mother.

6960264 The worst that could happen is getting... me..... *Thinks about it* FIXED! Please don't I'll do anything.

6960278 Luna: Ponies don't believe in doing that. And I can't imagine what Kind heart would think even if I did. Trust me, she's more scary then Fluttershy.

6960305 Thank god. I don't want to know what I would do if she did that.

6960313 Me: Mama's not mean like that.

6960317 How can you understand me? *I stare at him in surprise*

6960324 I'm bat awicown, wemembew?

6960350 Oh... wow. Ok. I wish I had a lot of magic like you.

6960396 Well, you decided to become wolf, er, well, Mama decided that, but who knows, maybe you do have magic.

Login or register to comment