• Published 16th Mar 2014
  • 1,061 Views, 17 Comments

Uh Fluttershy, Do You Know How To Tame These Dragons Killing Ponyville? - Fryguy



Mysterous dragons that were somehow teleported to Equestria go crazy.

  • ...
4
 17
 1,061

Fluttershy's New Friends

Ponyville has always been through disasters when they least expected it. Sometimes tyranny even chomps in, like when Trixie had used the Alicorn amulet to take Ponyville away from Twilight. Some disasters include the enemies who were defeated before returning to Ponyville, like Nightmare Moon, or Discord. But they didn't expect this.

It all started when a herd of dragons, different shapes and sizes and colors, fly into Ponyville, they were very magnificent creatures indeed, but somethings were strange about these dragons. One blueish, dark purple dragon can redirect and shoot white lighting instead of fire. There was also a blue dragon could shoot very accurate plasma blasts at targets. Landing next to it was a blue dragon could shoot spikes with deadly toxins. A red dragon, who can set itself on fire, landed next to a house where some ponies were taking pictures. Another group of dragons, some brown, chubby looking fellows, who landed near a pile of rocks, spotted the tasty treat, took some into his/her mouth and ate them. There's also a blue, spiny dragon who digs and eats through the ground, with whispers, but the larger, white ones also dig and eat through the ground, but at enemies or other dragons, can roar so loud that it sounds like a scream, but it can also hurt the enemies, people, and the dragons around it. Finally, there's the weirdest of the bunch, this dragon, a greenish, lime colored one, has two heads, one head spits out gas and the other head ignites it.

It was a very shocking thing to know that these dragons were different than Spike or the other dragons in Equestria. The ponies didn't mind for them to stay, I mean, they looked so peaceful. How bad can it be? It gets very bad. When the ponies and dragons were settling down from the dragon's sudden appearance, some Pegasus mares, carrying a crate, start their way across Ponyville. "Be careful with the crate!" said one of the delivery mares. "Got it!" replied the other Pegasus, but for no reason, she let go of the crate. The other mare couldn't hold the crate on her own, it was too heavy for her. As the crate dropped through the air, the wind forced it open, and a green root, called dragon root, which the Pegasi were delivering to Canterlot after it was founded near Appleloosa, fell towards the dragons, the crate fell outside of town by a gust of wind, and shattered to pieces. The grey Pegasus, who dropped the crate, looked at a angry partner, who injured her back, and said with a grin. "Oops, I just don't know what went wrong!"

"Look! A green root!" A pony sees the root dropped by the Pegasi falling from the sky. The green, ugly plant hits the ground hard, but the ponies didn't know where it came from, for they didn't notice the crate. Theories sprouted up like flies, some theories included,"The wind must of carried it somehow." and, "A portal of somesorts spat it out." and,"Maybe it was from a spell?" AND,"The earth ponies were delivering it by the Pegasi, and it was dropped. The ponies were so fed up on where the root came from that they didn't notice what happened next. The dragons got probably too close to the root, because ounce they sniffed it, all the dragons except for the white and blue dragons that dig through the ground, and the boulder eating dragons, had started going crazy.

The dragons start attacking each other with their strongest attacks, spikes, plasma blasts, sonic blasts, fireballs, it was insanity. But when they catch sight of the ponies of Ponyville, they start attacking them too, some fireballs go into the town hall! The ponies ran everywhere in terror, not knowing that a root making the dragons crazy was within the aggressive dragon herd.

Twilight, who was witnessing the dramatic event, saw all the unicorns clump together to take aggressive action, thinking she had no other choice, she and all the other unicorns took a stand to defend their home, they prepared to fire beams of deadly magic at the dragons' feet, their horns started to glow, and they lunged at the dragons with magic beams racing towards the insane dragons infected by the root. But the big white dragon, who was passing through the crossfire, got struck by the magic beams fired by the unicorns, it didn't hurt him, but it made it extremely angry. It spins around fiercely to the unicorns, who were now frightened at the dragon.

The dragon took a deep breath, then let out his loud roar. "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The horrific roar was so loud that after it was over, the unicorns lied completely motionless on the ground. All who witnessed the terrifying fall of the unicorns gasped in horror at the sight of the unicorns, who could be killed by the dragon that defeated them. All trembled as the white terrifying dragon was preparing to finish them off with a fire blast when it was kicked at the back of the head. The dragon fiercely turned around to see Rainbow Dash, who bucked at the horrifying beast, was flying away at a good distance through the air, she hovered fifty feet away to see what the dragon would do next.

The dragon then had fire in his mouth, and without warning, shot many fireballs like a machine gun at Rainbow Dash, who barely had time to get away, the witnesses were amazed that a dragon could do that. "We must tame these wild dragons!" yelled Rainbow Dash, still dodging the fireball attacks. "Hey! Look!" An earth pony pointed at the unicorns, who were moving.

The unicorns were now recovering from their encounter with the white dragon's loud, wild roar. Twilight's mind raced furiously. "Okay, how can we tame them? What caused them to go completely insane? Is there anypony who could tame them?! Wait a minute, I do know somepony who could!" Twilight remembered Fluttershy, maybe she could help, the unicorn then ran towards her friend's house.

Fluttershy had heard about the attacks and was worried somepony was attacking the town, not knowing it was a herd of dragons from another world of humans and dragons, where they both had peace. That's when she heard frantic knocking at her door.

She opened it to find Twilight Sparkle, a good friend of hers, and the most powerful bearer of the elements of harmony, she was shaking so much that it looks like she just woke up from a nightmare so scary, that sometimes the princesses fear them. "What is it?!" asked Fluttershy, who was already grabbing her element, kindness, and was putting it on her neck. "Fluttershy, there's a herd of out of control dragons destroying Ponyville, but not like you ever have seen! You have to help us!" Fluttershy knows she encountered a dragon before, because she made it leave, Equestria was saved, but she wasn't sure if she could tame dragons unfamiliar with Ponyville, or her. "I..I can't." Fluttershy didn't know how to tame dragons out of control, she never did before. As Fluttershy was closing the door, Twilight tried to have Fluttershy gain courage by telling the downside of her not helping. "But Fluttershy, if you don't help, everything will be destroyed, including your animals and cottage!" That's when Fluttershy opened the door again, for she remembered that she was somepony who understood all kinds of animals."Take me to the dragons!" was the reply that came out of Fluttershy, because this time she knew what to do, or thought.

When Twilight and Fluttershy arrive, Fluttershy's fears catch up to her again, "What if I can't figure out how to make them not crazy?!" But she knew what she had to do for Ponyville, she had to at least try. She came up to one trio of them, who have been affected by the dragon root, and used a old trick that she uses on her animals at her cottage near the everfree. She comes up to them and uses the Stare. The dragons were the closest to the root and they still were affected by the stare. That was around the time Fluttershy saw the root, and wondered if it was the source.

She was proven right. The dragons then turn away and sniff the root again, they then become even more crazy, chasing Fluttershy, now frightened at the change of events, back to Twilight and the rest of the residents. Some ponies were shouting things out. "I think the princesses is our only chance now! Otherwise we're doomed!" But before the ponies were attempting to get their pens and paper, Fluttershy stops them, she figured out why they were crazy, "The root is the source of how they are out of their normal selves!" She saw them become crazy from the root, and wanted to try something bold. "I..I'm Going back in." she said, she then headed towards the root, running as fast as she could. Twilight tries to stop her friend, who is now trying to get the root. "Fluttershy no! You'll get killed!" But she ignored Twilight's protests of not going back to the root.

When Fluttershy saw the root, she had quickly grabbed it, spread out her wings, and took flight, but the infected dragons saw Fluttershy with the root and took flight after her. Fluttershy now has many dragons after the root. Fluttershy then jerked to the right and started going east of Ponyville, but with the affected dragons still pursuing her, even after the very sharp turn! But Fluttershy gets a lucky break, soon the dragons not affected by the root, including the white scary dragon, had started to stop the affected dragons in their path, and soon a fight between the infected and non infected dragons started, not noticing Fluttershy with the root. But a blue dragon, who just arrived, noticed the Pegasus, and went after her.

When Fluttershy arrives over the ocean, she immediately drops the root into the threshing sea. When Fluttershy turns to leave, she started to lose altitude, her wings were not used to flying long distances and she was extremely tired, she wouldn't have made it, but out of nowhere, the blue dragon who followed Fluttershy, had the instinct to help the creature falling from the blue sky. It flew under the yellow Pegasus and caught her.

Fluttershy was surprised to be on a dragon's back, the dragon then started a course back to Ponyville. The dragons were not affected anymore and Ponyville was saved! But when Fluttershy and the dragon landed, her friends are unsure how Fluttershy had flew on a dragon back home, Rarity thought it was still affected and crouched low to protect her head. "Don't worry guys, these dragons are now my friends!" while she was saying that, the dragons, who noticed Fluttershy hugging the dragon she was on, crowded around the shy pony, and huddled around.

Soon afterward, a dragon roar erupted from the distance, for the dragons had to go, they needed to continue their journey back home, they turned to Fluttershy, and roared goodbyes, then took flight. As the dragons flew away, Twilight walked over to Fluttershy in confusion. "You think they'll be back?" Fluttershy replied calmly. "Why not? They are my new animal friends." Twilight knows her friend loves animals and agrees with that part, but she is still confused about what caused them to go crazy. "Fluttershy, what made the dragons go crazy?" Fluttershy replied with a scared look on her face. "A plant that can make a dragon see things differently and go crazy for a long time, except for those that eat rocks, their rock diet must be the reason why." Twilight, still confused, nods and walks away back to the Golden Oaks Library.

Fluttershy walks to the edge of town, there, while watching the sunset, she said. "I hope to see you again someday, my new animal friends."

Comments ( 17 )

Hehe, Fluttershy with the HTTYD dragons.! Is so cool! :D

4090941
I'm Glad You think this is cool, it popped into my mind this mourning thinking, what would Fluttershy do with these dragons who are going crazy? I'm glad how it turned out so far!

4091039 Hehe, you know, I would like to see a story where the ponies go to the HTTYD world and meet the cast.

4091203

Hmmmmmm.......Maybe I'll do that as a sequel, or something!:twilightblush:

I really think your idea is a good one, I'll see what I can do!:yay:

Plus, I think Spike's mustache is weird:moustache:Literary!

4091245 Great, thanks! I also think is s great idea. I really like crossovers and seeing how different characters interact.

Yeah, the mustache is weird, I really don't know what he sees in it.

Great story! But I wish it was longer.:fluttershysad:and spikes mustache is soooo wierd!:moustache:

sorry, I can't like this story, you desperately need an editor. Normally I don't mind spelling errors, but this story has so many, it's actually difficult to read. second there are severe pacing problems. Everything is happening at a million miles an hour. Third, you seriously need to use punctuation. Run-on sentences are EVERYWHERE! I can probably count at least 10 problems in every single paragraph of this story. Disliked until these issues are solved.

4143074

Currently being edited.

4143074

I hope you like my new improved story, I recently edited it, and if you still see the mistakes in my story, please tell me!:pinkiehappy:

It got a little better, most of the spelling has improved, however the pacing problems are still there in the second paragraph the pacing is very slow due to feeling the need to describe everything about the dragons throughout the chapter. (describing every single dragon, and beginning every single sentence with "Another" makes it feel really droning on. 2nd paragraph.) There's also a problem with contradicting statements. Take for example in the 3rd paragraph Derpy drops the box for "no reason", yet in the next sentence we're given the reason that it was too heavy. Few things make sense in this story. Things just pop out of nowhere without any prior explanation like the root in paragraph 4. much dialogue feels redundant, or pointless details. Do we really need to know that the white dragon has sharp teeth and red eyes in the 6th paragraph, especially since you spent an entire paragraph beforehand describing all of the dragons already. here's a few key details that will help you in the long run
1. Make sure what your writing makes sense, and try to make the story you're telling not feel so contrived
2. Avoid Run-on sentences/ overly descriptive details
3. show-don't tell
4. Make sure you aren't being redundant. There's a limit to how many times you should tempt fate. One shouldn't do so more then once a chapter.
5. and most important, MAKE SURE THE STORY FLOWS.

4152930

Just one thing, Derpy did drop the box for no reason, and it was her partner who couldn't hold it because it was too heavy, just saying that, I'm glad you are giving me tips and stuff, editing in process.

4153502 I apologize if I came across as mean, in fact, crossover are some of my favorite stories. I think there's another story that did this crossover. If you can find it, it might help you out.

4153874

You didn't sound mean, in fact, you sounded persuading!:pinkiehappy:

4153894 ty, I am one who can probably help edit, as I tend to be an extreme grammar nazi. Don't worry, everyone will get better after work. Unless you're someone like byter and blatently refuse to take criticism of any kind, but you clearly are not.

YES. HTTYD and MLP cross over, NEED MORE OF THESE!!


...You are gonna write more like these, SOON, right? :D

4891178

Maybe, I'm currently working on a sequel, but it's on hiatus for now.

4891594 Hope the sequel is longer, if you want ideas let me know.

Login or register to comment