• Published 17th Mar 2014
  • 2,598 Views, 23 Comments

CMC: Chocolate Bar Salesponies! - Crazy Chocolate



CMC try to get their cutie marks in salesponyship. Homage to the SpongeBob episode "Chocolate With Nuts."

  • ...
0
 23
 2,598

Stretching the Truth

The Crusaders trotted over to the nearest house and knocked on the door. They knew this time, it was going to be different.

The door was answered this time by a rather old mare with a light orange coat and a grey mane. She seemed like she could either be a little happy or a little irritated or both.

"Hello, young filly." Sweetie Belle winked at her friends and they winked back. "Is your mother home?" Sweetie Belle didn't expect her mother to actually be home, she just meant it as a simple joke. But to her surprise, an even older mare came out on a wheel chair. Well, at least she thought it was a mare. She was so old, she was skin and bones, literally. She had no fur to speak of. Her face was so wrinkly, she could not easily tell it was even a pony at all. She seemed like the other mare's grandmother, not her mother.

"What, what did you say?" said the old mare, in a scratchy, worn out voice. She had seen better days.

"Hello, ma'am. We're selling chocolate bars." Apple Bloom gave a sincere grin. The others followed shortly after.

"WHAT?" The elderly mare could barely hear anything anymore, she couldn't make out what the three little fillies had said.

"THEY'RE SELLING CHOCOLATES!" yelled the mare's daughter.

"WHAT ARE THEY SELLING!?"

"CHOCOLATE!"

"CHOCOLATE!?"

"YEAH, CHOCOLATES!"

"THEY'RE SELLING CHOCOLATES!?"

"YEAH!"

"Chocolate..." The old mare was taking a trot down memory lane. "I remember when they first invented chocolate. Sweet, sweet chocolate."

The Crusaders had huge money signs in their eyes as they each made huge smiles. A noise similar to a cash register ding could be heard in the distance.

"I always HATED it!"

"Oh, this chocolate's not for eating..." Sweetie Belle decided it was time to try their 'stretch the truth' method. Hopefully it would work out.

"It's not?!" inquired Apple Bloom. Before she said anything else, Sweetie Belle plugged her mouth with her hoof.

"No, it's for..."

"You rub it on your coat, and it makes you live FOREVER!" interrupted Scootaloo.

"Live forever you say? I'll take one!" The younger mare grudgingly hoofed over a bit to the fillies as they pulled a chocolate bar from a sequined bag. She gave the three fillies a nasty glare.

"Get over here and start rubbing me with that chocolate!"

"I... hate... you..."

The door slammed shut. The Crusaders looked at their newly acquired bit.

"Our first sale!" exclaimed Scootaloo.

"But Scoots, you lied to that pony!" Apple Bloom looked disapprovingly at her pegasus friend.

"No, I just 'stretched the truth,' remember? We talked about this!"

"No part of that lie was truthful Scoots. I know a lie when I see it." She turned around, refusing to even look at those big liars she thought were her friends. "I don't think I can lie to ponies like that again."

"Apple Bloom! We tried everything else, but nopony wanted to buy our chocolate! This is the only way!" pleaded Sweetie Belle.

"Then maybe we should give up. Maybe we're not cut out to be salesponies."

"Forget it then..." Sweetie Belle announced as she started trotting towards the Carousel Boutique.

Right when all three fillies thought it was the end, they heard somepony yelling at the top of his lungs.

Before they knew it, Bulk Biceps came out of nowhere and started yelling 'CHOCOLATE' as loud as he could muster.

The three Crusaders were cowering in fear at the absolutely massive stallion. He calmed down just a little, just barely enough to utter a few words, and said to them

"Finally, I've been trying to catch you girls ALL day! And now that I have you right where I want you..."

Author's Note:

Ermagurd cliffhanger :trollestia: