• Published 27th Mar 2012
  • 4,307 Views, 242 Comments

Free to a Good Home - Marshylawl



How can six bundles of joy change your life forever?

  • ...
6
 242
 4,307

A New Home (Part Two)

Author’s Note: Thank you all for the support! I had no idea this story had potential; it was going to just be a measly story to share with my friends! Again THANK YOU! Even to those two guys that thumbed it down.

You will never know how hard it is to be a parent until you are one. That saying has been bounced around in your family for a while now, but yet you never fully grasped its concept. Sure you replied with a measly ‘Yes mother, I understand.’, but you never took the time to think about it; not until now. You had no idea it would be THIS hard. Looking after one filly you could do. Teaching one filly you could do. But teaching one filly, WHILE keeping an eye on the other five was not a hard task, no, it was next to impossible! You decided that teaching Twilight first would be a good idea, since she is the smartest, or the ‘egghead’ as said by Rainbow Dash in the show. But you would never be that mean to anything this adorable, especially when Twilight was struggling to stay awake in your arms as you try to teach her to speak. Even though it melted your heart every time she gave out a little yawn or struggled to keep her head up, it tired you so greatly. You have been at it for hours now, and she still has not understood most of what you are telling her. As much as you would love to stick around and teach her more, you notice a large amount of noise coming from the living room. You could hear the sound of two fillies running, then silence, then running again, then silence. Repeat several times.

Upon inspection, you realize things have gone haywire in here. Some of the carpet and drapes have been torn up, one of your end-tables has been knocked over, and to add the cherry on top, Rainbow and Applejack are now looking up at you with guilty puppy eyes; Applejack’s stunning, vividly green eyes are starting to well up with tears, about to burst. Ohpleasenodontdothistomenononono. “It’s okay, we can have this fixed, please don’t cry.” Applejack slowly looks up at you, scared of what her punishments were to be. Streaks of guilt and fear cross her flushed face, and she starts to hide her face in her golden mane. A single tear slips from behind her mane, and she slowly lifts herself off her haunches and trots off; her head hanging down at her shoulders. Fighting off feelings of guilt, as if you made her cry, you quickly rush over to her. She turns to look at you, fighting back tears. Pulling her in for a long hug, you start to quietly cry; tears of joy slowly fill your eyes. Applejack accepts this, and trots over to Rainbow Dash, whom in return gives her a quick nuzzle. Cuteness Level: Too much to handle.

Knowing you haven’t fully made it up for Applejack, you quickly remind her and retreat to your bedroom, where Twilight is now sleeping on the book. The only sound in the room emits from Twilight, her long, quiet breathing fills the emptiness. What’s with her and sleeping anyways? Quietly tiptoeing out of the room, you decide not to wake up the adorable purple mass of fur on your bed, and decide to sleep on the couch. I guess sacrifices are the first step in parenting. You groan and stumble over to the couch, unwary that two certain ponies have taken up the whole couch. Applejack and Rainbow Dash, most likely all tired out from playing the whole day, are now snuggling close to each other; Rainbow’s legs sprawled out across half of the couch, her head leaning against Applejack’s stomach, her cyan wings tucked closely to her sides. Applejack slept ever so quietly with her fascinating golden-yellow mane hiding her face. Both of them look so content, you cannot wake them for your own greed. You begin to question if there will be any spot anywhere to sleep on by the end of the night.

“Wait, don’t I have a guest bedroom?” You whisper to yourself, seeking to not wake up any of your sleeping little fillies. You haven’t had any guests over in so long that you have forgotten about having a second bedroom. You saunter over to the only other room in the house with something soft to sleep on, but upon opening the door, you soon realize your predicament. A sleeping Fluttershy rested at the end of the bed, looking drowned in her flourishing pale pink mane. A slow rise and fall of her stomach was the only movement made by the shy filly. Rarity, laying on one of the two pillows, looked ever so peaceful. She started to get slightly restless, and soon enough, opened her cobalt eyes and looked around the almost pitch black room. She spotted you, and gave a weak smile; closed her eyes and buried her head deeper into the embrace of the colorless pillow. Even Pinkie Pie was in deep sleep, and she is Pinkie Pie. She was sleeping on the carpeted flooring, not needing any cushion, or padding; she relied on her fuzzed mane to keep her cushioned off the ground.

Looking back on these past days, you noticed that your dreams have come true. The cold, dark days are behind you, replaced with the future; which so far is looking great. You finally have what you’ve always wanted. And after being fired from your previous job, you realized you had saved a large sum of money over the past few years, so you have enough to buy a new house and car. Things are definitely looking up to y-

You are interrupted out of your deep thought by a small tug on your pant leg. Looking down, you see a certain marshmallow-colored regal filly tugging on your leg with her teeth, before looking up at you, batting her eyebrows. Not knowing what Rarity wants, you quickly find out as she emits a small cough and taps your ankle with her hoof. Ah, she must be thirsty. You let out a slight chuckle, and gesture her to follow you to the kitchen, switching on lights on the way. You don’t want to scare her due to the darkness; that would just be downright mean. Finally reaching the dimmed kitchen, you pour some chilled water into a bowl and set it on the ground for Rarity, allowing her to drink at her own pace. You sit down at the kitchen table, looking at Rarity, who is now lapping at the water. Wow, she must be REALLY thirsty. Rarity stopped her drinking, slowly looking back to see you zoned out in your thoughts. She smiles, and turns back to drinking her water. You notice a slight sway of her tail; how she kept her mane and tail looking so… elegant, is beyond belief. Noticing she has finished the water, she looks up towards you, a weak smile emerges on her face, and she sleepily trots back towards the guest bedroom.

You quickly catch up with her, guiding her back to the bedroom. Sure she may already know where everything is, but it has only been a few days since you have found these fillies on your doorstep. You finally reach the guest bedroom, and let her in. Hoisting her up onto the bed, you see her playfully jump around the soft mattress, until you calm her down; hoping she hasn’t woken up Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie. Fluffing her pillow and patting her mane softly, you set on your way. Not knowing where to go, unfortunately. Applejack and Rainbow are still sleeping away on your only couch, and Twilight still slept soundly in your bed. Well, that kitchen chair sounds good I guess… You promenade over to the kitchen, making sure to turn off the remaining lights as you walk by them. You don’t want to run up your electrical bill. But, will it matter much? There is no need to go on your computer anymore, now that you have your own little ponies. You pour yourself a glass of water, and sit down with a groan. You feel as if you have been growing to be much older ever since you brought in those fillies. Even though it has only been a couple of days…

I guess my parents were right.