• Published 16th Mar 2014
  • 3,400 Views, 15 Comments

A SpikeBelle Date - Darth Redbeard



Spike and Sweetie Belle are going on their first date. Will it be a success?

  • ...
10
 15
 3,400

The Date

Author's Note:

Rewrite of an earlier story. Let me know of any spelling, grammar, or any other issues besides Flash Sentry please.

Please leave comments on why you liked it or not.

Special Thanks to FamousLastWords and Golden Age for proof-reading and helping out on ideas.

One month after telling each other how they felt, Spike and Sweetie Belle were getting ready for their first date. They had decided on a picnic in the park where they could watch the sunset. Spike however, was a nervous wreck. He was worried that Sweetie Belle would find out about his secret and not love him anymore.

The reaction of their family and friends was surprise and a small amount of disapproval. Sweetie Belle had told her sister first, who promptly fainted on a nearby couch.

“Wake up sis!” Sweetie yelled in her ear. Rarity woke with a start.

“Sorry Sweetie Belle,” Rarity apologized. “So you’re going out with Spike?”

“Yeah,” Sweetie Belle answered. She had a massive smile on her face as she thought of him. Rarity saw this and giggled.

“At least you have someone who will treat you right,” Rarity told her. “So, what are you two doing for your first date?”

“We were planning on going to the park for a picnic and watch the sunset,” Sweetie Belle explained.

“How romantic,” Rarity said. “I can tell that you love him a lot to want this date to go well. I hope our parents will be just as happy for you.” As if on cue, their parents walked into the Carousel Boutique.

“Another busy day in Canterlot,” said their father.

“I know,” replied their mother. “I just wish some of the others would stop worrying about the “uncivilized” people and work more to help the nobility.” They walked into the living room, where they could hear Rarity and Sweetie Belle talking. "How are you two doing?"

"I'm going on a date," Sweetie told them.

"We’d better make sure you’re spruced up for since we don’t want his parents to think we’re all “uncivilized” like everyone else in this town," her mother said.

“As long as it’s not that Spike character,” their father said. Sweetie Belle looked down to her feet worried about her parents reaction. The tears rolling down her face told him who the date was with. “How dare you go out with that savage? He is not of noble blood! He is not even a real human!” His wife also was angry.

“He should be sent someplace else and experimented on like the animal he is!” she agreed. They left the Boutique in a huff. Rarity walked to the door and placed the closed sign in the window. When she turned to Sweetie Belle, she gasped. She had tears rolling down her cheeks and her eyes were red from crying. Rarity walked up to her and held her.

“Ignore them Sweetie,” Rarity said. “They just don’t like the fact that you love him”. Sweetie Belle calmed down after that.

“Thanks sis,” said Sweetie Belle. Just then, they heard a loud scream.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” They looked at each other and had one thought in their heads.

‘Spike must’ve told Twilight’. They shared a quick laugh before getting everything ready for the date.

Spike was a complete and utter nervous wreck. He was finally telling Twilight about his relationship with Sweetie Belle. The reason he chose now, was that Twilights whole family was there as well as Flash Sentry. He walked downstairs and took a deep breath.

“I have some news for everyone,” he announced. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at Spike.

“What is it Spike,” asked Shining.

“I have a girlfriend now,” he said.

“Who?” asked Cadance.

“Sweetie Belle,” no sooner did those words leave his mouth that Twilight let out a massive scream.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” All six had to cover their ears for a few seconds before she calmed down.

“There goes some of my hearing,” said Shining.

“I’m sure it could be heard all the way to Canterlot,” stated Night Light.


Meanwhile in Canterlot, Princess Celestia and Luna was resting when they heard something.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

“What was that?” she asked her sister. Celestia just shrugged as the two went back to their rests.


Twilight wrapped Spike in a tight embrace, a huge smile adorning her face. "I'm so happy for you!"

“Twilight, can’t b-breathe,” chocked Spike. Twilight immediately let go. Everyone else gave his or her congratulations to Spike right after.

“How long have you guys been together?” asked Flash.

“About a month,” answered Spike. “I wanted to wait until everyone was here before telling.” They all understood that.

“Where you two going for your first date?” asked Twilight Velvet.

“We were planning on a picnic in the park,” answered Spike.

“I remember when Night took me to the park for our dates. It was so romantic!” gushed Velvet. Twilight and Shining felt embarrassed by their parents.

“MOM!” they whined. Everyone else laughed. Cadance however had something running through her mind.

“Does she know about your Dragon DNA issue?” she asked.

“I’m worried she won’t want to be with me if I tell her,” he said. Twilight spoke to him.

“Who came to your defense when Diamond and Silver were picking on you? Who became your first friend here in Ponyville? She danced with you at Shining and Cadance’s wedding when she could have danced with anyone else there. She even helped you feel better when you were depressed a few weeks ago. If she didn’t care about you, she would have not been there,” she said. Spike felt better after her words.

“Thanks mom,” said Spike. Twilight hugged her son. “I’ll tell her tonight on our date.”

“Good luck,” said Flash. Another three hours passed before there was a knock on door to the library. Twilight opened it and found Rarity and Sweetie Belle waiting.

“Spike your dates here!” yelled Twilight. Spike walked out of the kitchen with a picnic basket in his hands. Sweetie ran up to Spike and gave him a quick hug.

“Ready to go?” she asked.

“Eeyup,” Spike answered imitating Big Macintosh. As the two were leaving, Rarity explained to Twilight what her parents had said.

“I can’t believe anyone would be that cruel sometimes,” Rarity stated.

“If your parents get their way, Sweetie Belle and Spike won't be happy," Twilight said. "And they just got together. I just worry for my son. I want him to be happy and others are trying to take that happiness away".

“Same here,” agreed Rarity. "I just hope Sweetie Belle and Spike will be together forever".

Spike and Sweetie Belle were walking through Ponyville towards the park. On the way there, they heard glass break at Sugarcube Corner. They saw Pinkie’s boyfriend Pokey running away from the building. They decided to keep walking and ask Pinkie what happened later. After they arrived at the park, Spike set up the blanket and got the food out.

“Food looks good,” said Sweetie Belle. Spike had made Peanut Butter sandwiches with their favorite jelly, sliced apples with caramel sauce and an apple pie for dessert. They sat there eating until Sweetie Belle spoke up.

“You got something on your cheek Spike,” she said.

“Where?” Spike asked.

“Here,” she replied as she brought her face over to him and kissed him on the cheek. The two laughed at the joke. They finished their food just as the sun was close to setting. Spike decided it was now or never.

‘Here’s hoping she won’t hate you forever’

“Sweetie,” Spike said. “I have something to tell you.”

“What?” she asked. Spike took a deep breath.

“Remember when Diamond and Silver were picking on me for not being with my real parents?” he asked.

“Yeah,” Sweetie remembered that day really well.

“My parents were killed by this group of strangers when I was young. They took me to some sort of building and did some things to me. I do not remember much because I blacked out, but from what Princess Celestia and Luna told me, they put something inside of me. When I asked them, the answer they gave me still haunts me,” Spike explained.

“What is it?” Sweetie asked. Spike looked over to her and told her.

“Dragon DNA,” he said. Sweetie gasped it his words. Now she knew what her parents meant by “not a full human”. She grabbed Spike and held him close to her.

“I don’t care if you have Dragon DNA or not. I still love you no matter what,” she said. Spike felt better by her words.

‘She loves me, even knowing about my problem’

“I love you too,” Spike said. The two of them kissed until something interrupted them.

“Well ain’t that cute,” said a voice. The two broke apart and saw Big Macintosh, Apple Bloom’s older brother, and his girlfriend, one of Twilight’s and Rarity’s friends, Fluttershy. Apple Bloom’s other sibling, her older sister Applejack, was also there with her boyfriend Caramel.

“What are you guys doing here?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“We were just walking through the park when we overheard you guys,” answered Caramel. The four of them decided to leave the younger ones be and continued their walk. Spike and Sweetie Belle continued to watch the sunset until it was time to go.

“Spike, just so you know, my parents are not really fond of us being together, but I don’t care. Its something they said that bothers me,” Sweetie explained. “They want you to be sent somewhere to be experimented on”.

“Luna did say if things start to get bad, I could go someplace else to live. She suggested I go to the Imperial Empire. It’s the same empire that guy in the statue is from.”

“I’m going with you then,” said Sweetie Belle. “I’m not going to lose my boyfriend”. The two let the park thinking nothing could keep them about. However, something later that night in Manehatten, would test their relationship and the strength of Equestria.

Comments ( 13 )

Finish this story most of the story's are only have baked ideas

4091854 This is the only chapter of the story. The sequel is up. Part 4 of the series is what is being worked on now.

It has writing issues, but Im always hooked by a good story. Hang in there!

so spike has dragon DNA what make him so different then others does it make changes to regular human or just his DNA different?:rainbowhuh:
also what the deal with :unsuresweetie: and :raritywink:'s parents and :pinkiecrazy:'s boyfriend?

4835850 all will be explained in due time. But you might want to wait until I get story 3 up and running.

It's alright. I have difficulty with some of the same issues you have in this, but I've gotten better. Perhaps I could be of assistance.

5286215 I meant to go back and fix a few things but forgot. It shouldn't take me long to make the fixes.

I like when the part where twilight screams that was funny.

Comment posted by OnlyButtonMash deleted Aug 27th, 2017

8390571
and nice going on showing the immaturity of ButtonBelle shippers.


Enjoy a good block and delete

Login or register to comment