• Published 17th Mar 2014
  • 2,518 Views, 14 Comments

When the Sunset Shimmers - Pizzema Forte



Exactly thirty moons ago, I came to this strange, new earth. I didn't know what I was doing, and I still don't... Maybe, it's time I go back home...

  • ...
4
 14
 2,518

A Letter to Her Mom

The tall, white, regal princess stands before an opened door. Below, rays of light highlight a table, a shiny, reflective surface, and many ancient artifacts and books. It was a familiar room to her. Although she seldom visited the basement, she did know the treasures it held inside. One of the most precious is a portal.

Slowly, the sun princess walked down. The steps and entered the basement.
I suppose Sunset Shimmer decided to pay me a little visit? She sighs. I’m sure she’ll be back eventually… Maybe the next time the portal opens.
Celestia approaches the mirror with a frown, marveling its perfect beauty.

Maybe one day, they’ll return…

The pink eyes of the princess soon landed on a large patch of parchment an inch before the mirror. It didn’t seem like a significant detail, but it was definitely one she hadn’t noticed before.

Curiously, Celestia raises the paper to her eye level and scans over the message.

Dear Mother,

I regret to inform you I won’t be coming back soon. I am, however, safe from harm and promise to make you proud very soon. I’ll send you another letter thirty moons from now. Please know I love you and I miss you greatly.

Love always,

Sunset Shimmer.

The regal pony sighed heavily as she felt tears welling in her eyes.

I’m sure she would have loved to know that before she passed away….

Comments ( 14 )

4093050 Thanks, I'm glad you liked it

Pretty good story. I do like ones that make Sunset as being something more than an heartless bitch.

Why did you choose that picture specifically? :raritycry: I cannot take all these feels and I haven't even opened the story.

I’m sure she would have love[d] to know that before she passed away….

Oooooooo that is heart breaking

I’m sure she would have loved to know that before she passed away…

This breaks my heart every time I read this

God damnit! Why must you bring out my feels.

Now, after the letter that Celestia read that was supposed to be for Sunsets mom and that she said that she would of loved to know thst before she passed. I feel that a new story should be made. Basically a sequel, story after the main story.

Would you consider this?

Oh nooo! How will Sunset react?! :pinkiegasp: :raritycry:

Wish it wasn't complete..... :raritycry: :fluttercry:

DAMN THATS BRUTAL DUDE

Sunset: i...
sunset collapses in grief
there are no words to describe the amount of grief she has now

Login or register to comment