• Published 17th Mar 2014
  • 1,098 Views, 19 Comments

Snippets From the Multiverse - Kapuchu

  • ...
1
 19
 1,098

Multiverse 3 - Don't challenge us

Author's Note:

Before we begin. Celestia will probably be written quite a bit out of character, but eh. This is a place for random ideas of mine that I can't use in any of my stoies, so accuracy isn't that important to me xD

Enjoy!

Celestia stood watching the large tear in the sky with bated breath. She'd never seen anything like it and couldn't help but feel the icy tendrils of fear creep forth and grab at her.

What scared her wasn't actually the tear, or rift, itself, but what lay beyond. As if looking through a pair of strange glasses, she could see a titanic sphere of blue, green, brown and white. She didn't even have to ask the man beside her what it was. He'd already told her, and even then she knew well enough what it was.

Earth.

Home for the bipedals that called themselves Humans. They had torn a rift in space and sent a single man through. That one man was the one standing beside her on her balcony.

She looked down at him, his short-cropped, brown mane was the only fur on his entire body. That is, if his clothes didn't conceal what other there might be. It didn't manner, though. What mattered to her was that this alien species had sought out the ponies with promises of peace and trade. But even those promises did nothing to assuage her fear. She'd sensed enough from this creature's mind that they were a violent kind, that they fought and killed. She could not put her ponies in that kind of danger.

"Mr. Smith-"

"Please, just John, Your Majesty."

"Very well, John, I have heard your promises of your kind wanting nothing but peace and trade, yet I sense from you mind that you are a violent species, much like the manticores and timberwolves of our world. Why is that?"

The human, John Smith, looked up at Celestia and cocked an eyebrow. "We humans have a saying that we're the only species on our planet intelligent enough, to be stupid enough to destroy ourselves. We've had countless wars amongst ourselves, killed billions of our own kind for petty reasons such as oil or territory. Luckily, those days are behind us. It may also be that we are hunters by nature. It's how we've always survived."

Celestia nodded, her professional mask not broken by the tendrils of fear that continued to sneak up on her. She wouldn't let them, couldn't let them get the better of her. She mustn't show that she was afraid of this creature.

"I am sorry, Mr. Smith, but I cannot allow my ponies to come in such danger. You promise peace, but your past is something I cannot look past. I am afraid that relations between our peoples is impossible."

John Smith hung his head and sighed. He'd somehow expected it to go like this. "Are you sure, Princess Celestia? We could help revolutionize your country, your world. We could teach your how to gather water in places you'd never be able to, even with magic. We could teach you how to travel faster than any pegasus can fly. And yes, even faster than your Element of Loyalty, was it? We have ways of travelling faster than the speed of sound almost effortlessly." He smiled, a small spark of hope igniting in his chest. "There are so many things we could teach you, and that you could teach us."

"I suppose..." She shook her head and mumbled, almost inaudibly, that she could always blitz their planet with the sun.

"I would advise against that," John said darkly.

Celestia looked startled. "What do you mean?"

"Princess Celestia, let me tell you something about us humans. First of all, we don't only live on Earth, we live in peace with other species on other planets as well, so if you were to destroy our home planet know that our species would rally up and strike back. We are peaceful now and haven't had reason to pick up arms, for any reasons, in the past four hundred years. But should we be attacked, then do not think we still stand back and just watch."

Celestia's eyebrows creased in a frown, but she said nothing.

"Our existence is owed entirely to persistence, endurance, and determination. We drink one of the most potent solvents on our planet, breath a naturally corrosive gas. Our bites are so infectious that we can kill each other just by biting through their skin. Back when we were still primitive, our preferred method of hunting was persistence hunting. We chased our prey and didn't stop until its body gave up and died. We can survive for extended periods of time without nutrition since our bodies will begin to eat itself to keep us alive."

"Even if we were to be attacked, we can take extreme amounts of damage, lose half of our blood and still live. Not even losing a limb is enough to kill us. We will keep on fighting, keep on surviving. We have only one natural predator on our planet, dogs, and we domesticated them and made them our faithful companions. Of all the creatures on our planet, even the one that was our superior ended up becoming a pet and companion for us. Inside our bodies are microscopical bacteria that will kill even us if they were in any other place but where they are. To any other species they'd be just as fatal."

"As mentioned before, we humans are persistent. Our physical strength and speed aren't anything spectacular, but we don't get tired. Our bodies will supply us with enough energy to keep on fighting for over a day without slowing down. Not even pain will stop us there."

"But that is not the worst, Princess Celestia. The worst is that what I just explained is just how we normally are, when we are still bound by our limits. When we are pushed far enough, when we are confronted with death, we break our limits. Our strength is multiplied tenfold, our endurance never-ending. We won't feel pain, we won't slow down, and we won't stop fighting. This is what we call Hysterical Strength, and it is why we can stand up and fight against a bear with nothing but our fists."

"Princess Celestia. We humans are a truly terrifying species should we be provoked. We are peaceful now and do not seek to fight against anyone, but do not think of docile."

Celestia's legendary mask had been shattered, the proverbial pieces littering the ground around her hooves. She couldn't believe what she had just heard. That a creature so small had so much power in them. If she hadn't been able to sense his mind and known what he said to be truth then she wouldn't have believed him... but she knew, without a doubt, that what he was saying was nothing but the truth.

She gulped and nodded. "My apologies, John Smith, I let my fear get the better of me. I swear on my immortal life that I will not strike against your kind without due reason."

"I appreciate that," he replied and smiled up at her. "As do I promise that we will not attack you unless provoked."

Even she could not keep back the sigh of relief that escaped her lips. From what this John Smith had said, their kind was not one she wanted to get on the bad side of. "Thank you. Regardless, I feel that I must decline your offer. I don't think the ponies of this world are ready for cooperation with beings from another world."

John smiled, though it was easy to see the disappointment in his eyes. "Very well. I will return to my home and close the rift. You will see no more of our kind, at least for now." He nodded to her and raised his left arm, right hand hovering over the watch attached to it. "Goodbye, Princess Celestia, it was nice meeting you. And good luck, I wish you and your sister luck with leading your ponies." He chuckled. "Too bad she's been asleep this whole time." His smile widened ever so slightly, and then he pressed a button on the watch. His body seemed to divide itself into billions of tiny sparks which then shot towards the rift at speeds unimaginable.

Not two minutes passed before the rift was closed, not a trace of it left.