• Published 17th Mar 2014
  • 1,097 Views, 19 Comments

Snippets From the Multiverse - Kapuchu

  • ...
1
 19
 1,097

Multiverse 1 - I am a...

There were many terrifying things in Equestria. There were monsters and gods, horror stories given life, and even sentient globs of unidentifiable material. Of all the monsters that were in Equestria, Twilight and her friends had already dealt with the biggest of them all. Nightmare Moon had been purged of evil, leaving behind only a small filly. The god of chaos and disharmony had been borderline domesticated by the most timid pegasus ever to have lived. To think that one who could turn the laws of the world around with a snap of his claws had been reformed using only the promise of a friendship severed if he refused to think of anypony other than himself. The changelings had been cast off to the other side of the horizon by overeating. Even they couldn't consume a city-wide shield's worth of love.

But even then, Twilight could not think of any horror; any monster or terrifying event she had experienced that came even close to what she was experiencing right now. She had gone through so much and now, sitting here in front of her friends, she found herself at a loss for words. She opened her mouth again and again in an attempt to coax any words out. Any at all. Nothing happened.

She looked around her, eyes pausing briefly at each of her friends.What would they think? Would they run away? Would they laugh? She didn't know. She was scared to find out.

"So, Twi, what was it you called us here to tell us?" Applejack asked, motioning at the library they were in. "Reckon it's something mite big for you to look like Apple Bloom with her hoof in the cookie jar."

She sighed. There was no way out of it. She'd have to tell them. She'd have to tell them about what attacked her last month, why she had barely even sent them letters and spent most of her time in Canterlot. They deserved to know.

Drawing in a deep breath, she opened her mouth and started to speak. "L-Last week... I was attacked." She raised a hoof to her neck which still had a bandage around it. "I was attacked and I was bitten, but I survived. I managed to get away with a panicked teleport which landed me in Luna's bedroom. It... That isn't even the worst part. I... I'm a." She stopped and shook her head. "It would be easier to show you."

Closing her eyes and drawing in a deep breath, she called forth a part of herself that she had only recently stopped fearing... Or rather, something she still feared but not so much as she used to.

The canines in her upper jaw started to grow, getting longer and sharper until they were nearly an inch long each. She opened her eyes and where they had previously been a deep purple, they were now a blood red with her irises like Spike's.

"I.. I'm a vampire," she said, boring her head in shame and fear.

There was no reaction from her friends. At least none that she could hear. Looking up she found all five of them staring at her with wide eyes, though Fluttershy looked more scared than surprised. It was to be expected given her timid nature.

"I was bitten a month ago when I was on my way to Zecora. I got away and Luna found me in her bedroom... she helped me. Without her I would've succumbed to this, this beast inside of me."

"So... You're in contol, then?" Rarity asked hesitantly, her eyes never leaving the fangs. "As in, you are Twilight Sparkle, and not some monster?"

A look of her washed over Twilight's face. Monster. It was what she'd been calling herself the first two weeks. It was what she'd been convinced that she had become. "Yes.. I'm Twilight Sparkle. I'm not a bloodthirsty pony out for other pony's blood. And I promise you, on my life, that I will never do anything to hurt you. Never."

Rarity nodded, so did the others. The promise, only words as it was, was actually enough to bring out a less frightened look from Fluttershy. She was still visibly shaken and had no idea what to do, but she was far more at ease now.

"I bet you all have a ton of questions so... Fire away," Twilight said, waving a hoof as if to say 'go on'.

Pinkie raised her hoof. "I have one!"

"Yes, Pinkie?"

The earth pony looked around at the assembled ponies, their stares mirroring each others'. All seemed equally confused. Could it possibly be that Pinkie Pie had a serious question for once?

"So, Twilight, now that you're a vampire... Do you spark-"

She never got to say anything more before a purple blur shot across the floor, impacted with Pinkie and forced her down on the ground. Twilight stood above her, hoof in her mouth, and glared down at her.

"I swear to Faust above, Pinkie, finish that question and I will deliberate forget your birthday next year!"

Pinkie's eyes widened to the point where it should have been impossible. Death threats, threats of violence; they wouldn't have worked on the party pony, not to mention that Twilight would never make such a threat. But the risk of having one of her friends forget her birthday was... horrifying, to Pinkie. She mutely nodded and Twilight removed her hoof, stepping back to sit down.

"What?" She asked, having caught Rainbow's open-mouthed stare. "Sorry. My... change, have caused me to become a little more aggressive.

"T-That's not it," Rainbow croaked, looking at the spot where Twilight had been sitting before and where she was now, beside Pinkie. "How the hay did you move that fast?! I barely even saw you! I'm Rainbow Dash, for buck's sake, and I could barely see you move!"

"Oh..." Twilight reached behind her head, scratching herself with a hoof. "Well, becoming a vampire kinda, sorta, made me much faster and quicker than any other pony in the world... I'm, uh, actually just a tiny bit slower than the princesses."

"...You've got to be kidding me."

She chuckled nervously. "Nope."

Author's Note:

And here's the first one! A random idea I had a year back that I kinda wanted to make into an entire fic, but never got around to it. It was when I had just noticed that there was a thing for Vampire Pony fics, so I felt like I wanted to write a story about Twilight becoming a vampire. One of the scenes where I had somewhat ironed out the details was this one, with Pinkie making that "Does Twilight Sparkle?" line and Twilight moving like a bullet to stop her, followed by Rainbow gawking at her.

I hope you like it! This is only the first of many, I hope :pinkiesmile: