• Published 16th Mar 2014
  • 1,970 Views, 78 Comments

A Norseman Raids Equestria - Timemaster



In the ninth century, the renowned and feared viking, Alrik the Strong, had finally set sail back to his home in Scandinavia. After a successful expedition in the Americas, his ship capsized, sending all of them to Valhalla, except one. Alrik.

  • ...
14
 78
 1,970

Crack.

Author's Note:

ONLY ONE MORE DAY OF EXTRA CURRICULARS. YAY NO MORE STUDYING AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Love you guys ♥~

Alrik

A fizzling noise permeated throughout Alrik, seeming to come from where he was impaled. Alrik put his hand up to where the hole in his head was, only to find a crack. Alrik rubbed the crack, feeling it go from a strange paste feeling to a hard bone as it, miraculously, healed itself with a bubbling sound. This did not surprise Alrik, 'for what is left to be surprised about when horses fly?' he reasoned. Alrik saw light through the trees and stopped his boat a few miles from another city. This one was, apparently, a rural city, but that did not bother Alrik, he had enough riches already. He stabbed his riches into the top of a nearby tree, resting his boat at the feet of the tree, and dislodged his axe. He got up from the boat and walked around, observing the fire in the distance. He walked closer to the city, but stopped a few yards away, ducking into a bush for stealth. He then observed the fire and the silhouettes of the ponies who started it in their home. He was so close, he could smell the chimney smoke... if he only had a nose.

Time had passed quite quickly for ol' dead Alrik, for before long, it had turned to the dead of night. He did not even notice the passage of time, for he had been quietly watching this one family of four, two adults and two children, live their daily routine. If anything, Alrik had found it fun to see the run-of-the-mill day, although he was only able to see it through shadows. From watching the shadows, he began to understand some of the body language of the ponies, like how ear posture effected the emotion. He enjoyed watching this young family, but then someone walked in. Muffled yelling could be heard, but to Alrik it was all gibberish. Alrik watched as a small foul is, harshly, slapped in the face. Alrik'd done worse, but something had made his eyes go a brighter red. Perhaps it was the mistreatment of younglings? Heck, Alrik thought, listen to me, I sound like I care for these animals...

Alrik thought about what he just thought, then rubbed the back of his head. He shrugged and went back to observation...

L. Jane Prime of the Mighty Republic of Opal Dogs

In the middle of the lands of dragons, a hundred years ago, a mighty alliance was made. The Opal Dogs, who were once the impoverished Diamond Dogs, had become both friends and trading partners with the dragons. Most dragons, as they grow old and big, are unable to dig up the most luscious and beautiful gems from beneath the ground. After learning about the diamond dogs (who they used to eat), they searched high and low for the leaders of each little slaver tribe of diamond dogs. Instead of eating them like normal, though, the dragons made an offer.

Upon his throne of bone, carried by six armored Diamond Dogs, Great King Harford looked fearlessly at the giant dragon before him.

"What do you want with us, great beast?" asked Harford, who had been one of the few of his kind who were both educated and strong.

The dragon looked down upon Harford as he landed onto the ground, and said, "I have an offer."

Harford looked surprised, and sat properly in his throne, "What could the dragons possibly want with small prey like us?"

The dragon looked a little ashamed, "My king, Fist, has offered you, and your kind, protection and gold in exchange for your vast supply of gems."

Harford nearly shit his pants in surprise, but kept his composure, "But isn't gold more valuable than gems?"

"No," the dragon said, "sadly, we cannot gain nutrition from gold, and most of the gems that are on land are used by the Equestrian nation, and they have not been willing to trade."

"But surely you must have gems, too!"

The dragon sighed, "As our population increases, the amount of gems in the topsoil decreases, leaving us hungry," the dragon looked up, "My king has given you, a species torn into tribes by the Equestrian expansions, a chance of civilized society once more."

King Harford got up from his throne, his hand to his face in a quizzical stance, before extending his arm, "I agree, great dragon...?"

The dragon extended his large clawed hand as peacefully as possible, "I am the Great Dragon Prince, Kicker."

They shook hand and claw, feeling a huge problem solved for the both of them. Well, almost all.

After they shook, Harford asked, "So, when can we avenge my people?"

The dragon laughed, "whenever my people are ready, our arch-rival will be no more."

They both laughed.


L. Jane Prime stretched, tired of writing yet another report of history for his professor after his shower. He closed his large notebook, turned off the light, and jumped into bed. He landed on his "Dog Tag", which he then promptly threw in some general direction for paining him. He then flipped back-up, pulled the sheets over his body, and went to bed.