• Published 11th Mar 2014
  • 1,288 Views, 29 Comments

My Little Doctor Whooves: Discord - comicfan616



The Doctor, traveling with Twilight, Rainbow, and Applejack, visits the reign of Discord.

  • ...
5
 29
 1,288

The End

“Rrrrgh!” Luna growled, not for the first time. After their defeat—again, not for the first time—she and Celestia returned to their hideout, a cave with just enough space to live in. Luna punched the rock wall, causing a small crack.

“On the plus side,” Celestia said, “if this keeps up, we’ll have more living space.”

Luna realized what she was doing and put her hoof down. “I’m sorry, sister,” she said. “This whole situation just… frustrates me so.”

“I figured,” Celestia quipped.

Luna sighed. “How long, Celestia? How much longer must the world be ruled by his iron paw?”

“We’ll defeat him, Luna,” Celestia said calmly. “We just need another plan.”

“Face it, sister; our plans do nothing. Plans require a level of predictability and expectation. Discord is the very antithesis to those.”

Celestia sighed. She hated seeing Luna so downtrodden, but in the end, she could not disagree. The last battle was a disaster, and their current state showed. Her normally pristine coat was covered in scratches. She envied her sister; at least her marks were mostly concealed by her much darker coloring. And everything else they had come up with during their previous attempts had been shot down almost as immediately as their recent one. She didn’t even want to recall what happened with the earth trap they tried to set up.

Celestia could only walk up to her sister and place her head next to hers. “I’m just so tired of this, Celestia,” Luna said quietly. “I just want it all to stop. I want to put an end to this crazy… thing! And no matter what we do… we can’t.” Celestia said nothing.

A sudden sensation caused her to jerk upward. Luna felt her sister’s movement and looked up at her. “Celestia? What’s wrong?”

“I… I’m not sure,” she said. “It feels like… like someone is calling out to me. But I don’t know who. Or why.”

There was a small pause as the two alicorns tried to figure out what to make of this strange turn of events. Finally, Luna said, “So what do we do?”

“Only one thing to do,” Celestia replied. She walked up to the mouth of the cave, spread her wings, and flew out. Luna galloped to the entrance a second later and follower her.


Twilight stood there for a while, standing as still as possible. The Doctor had gone back into the TARDIS to look out for the presence of the princesses. Rainbow, meanwhile, took over sentry duty, looking for any sign of Discord.

As the only one who had nothing to do at the moment, Applejack asked Twilight, “So… would you actually be able ta tell where Celestia was with this?”

“Mm-mm.” Twilight shook her head. “Usually, she would find me long before I even knew she was there.”

“Then let’s hope the Doctor’s doohickeys can find them before they find us,” Applejack said.

They waited a few more minutes. Everything was quiet. Finally, the Doctor shouted, “I’ve got something!” Applejack ran into the TARDIS to see what was happening. The Doctor was staring at the computer screen with a map of the surrounding area. “I’ve got two blips here, and they’re heading right for us. Scans indicate they have immense power. If these aren’t your princesses, then I’ll be very surprised.”

Applejack ran out and yelled, “Twilight! Rainbow! They’re comin’!” Twilight, confident they didn’t need the spell anymore, cut off her magic and ran into the TARDIS. Rainbow flew in soon after. Once they got the doors closed, the Doctor set the coordinates and pulled the lever.


Celestia looked below at the unnatural landscape. Whereas Luna would often become angry at the sight of it and its creator, Celestia could only feel sadness. Discord’s reign had put ponies through so much misery; it was a wonder they even survived this long, a wonder that might not last much longer if left unchecked. But like Luna, she was starting to become discouraged. Discord had foiled every attempt they made at him, making them look like fools in the process. It was getting to a point where even Celestia, arguably the more optimistic of the two, didn’t see an end in sight.

She pushed these thoughts out of her head for the time being. Something had called out to her, and the sensation was getting stronger by the minute. It got to the point where she could probably pinpoint the source even without the signal. She and her sister had been quiet throughout the flight; neither was sure what to make of this development and, consequently, didn’t know what to say.

The sensation hit its strongest point when they flew over one of Discord’s many chaotic forests. Then, it stopped. Whatever Celestia had felt, she didn’t feel it anymore. She slowed down, prompting Luna to fly closer to her.

“What’s wrong, sister?” she asked.

“It’s gone,” Celestia said slowly. “Whatever’s calling to me has stopped.”

It didn’t take long for something new to come up, however. “Wait,” Luna said. “Do you hear that?”

Celestia remained quiet. After a few seconds, she could make out a strange noise. It was a low sound, almost like a growl, but it sounded far from natural. It also happened at regular intervals, like somepony, or something designed it that way.

Celestia turned to where she thought the sound came from. “This way,” she said. She flapped her wings and flew downwards into the forest. She kept quiet, hoping to not alert her presence to anyone. Whether this was one of Discord’s tricks or something else entirely, she didn’t want to be noticed unless she felt she had to.

The two sisters followed the sound until it was at its loudest. They finally saw where the noise was coming from, but whatever made it had already gone. All they saw was the fading image of… something before it had disappeared completely.

They waited a few more seconds before stepping out into the clearing where the object was. “What was that?” Luna asked.

“I’m not sure,” Celestia admitted. “It disappeared too quickly to get a good look at it. But this is where we were called to, so it can’t be a coincidence.”

“Then neither is this,” Luna said. She was looking at a large hole in the ground. Celestia walked up to it and looked inside. She could see a path leading further underground.

“This has to be it,” she said. She lit up her horn, shining it in the darkness. “Let’s see where it leads.” Luna was unsure, but she followed her sister into the cavern.

There wasn’t really anything of interest, just earth and rock surrounding them. The tunnel was just big enough to allow Celestia, the taller of the two, to stand at full height. Eventually, the cavern opened up into a larger chamber. The only thing that could be considered noteworthy was a soft light that appeared from around a corner. Celestia doused her horn and the two sisters made their way toward the light.

As soon as they rounded the corner, they saw something truly amazing; the light was coming off what looked like a tree. Its bark was like platinum and the leaves shimmered like diamonds. There were five large branches sprouting from the central trunk. Each one, at its end, held a gemstone of a different color: red, blue, pink, orange, and purple. At the center, where all the main branches started, was a six-pointed star.

Celestia just stared in awe, unable to speak. So Luna voiced her thoughts for her. “The Tree of Harmony!”

If that was true, Celestia reasoned to herself, then the gems on the branches must have been what would surely be their saving grace: the Elements of Harmony.


The TARDIS quieted down almost as soon as it started up. The Doctor looked at the console. “Okay, we’ve skipped ahead by about an hour or so and landed at our original destination. The princesses will have found the Elements of Harmony by now and should be on their way to rechallenge Discord for the final time. You all ready to witness history as it should be?”

“Let’s get to it!” Rainbow said excitedly. She already flew to the doors and opened them. Everyone headed out and, relying on memory, went back to Discord’s throne.

Something about this trip felt lighter than when they first arrived. They were no longer apprehensive at the scenery. Maybe they had merely gotten used to it, but more likely, knowing they assisted in bringing down one of the greatest threats to Equestria made them feel excited, even if all they did was set the stage for Discord’s defeat.

The ponies found the hill where Discord’s throne rested, with Discord once again sitting on it. He was facing the opposite direction this time, probably to add variety to his field of view. The ponies found the bush where they hid the last time and, hoping Discord was unaware of their presence, crouched behind it.

“This is going to be great!” Twilight whispered excitedly.

“Let’s just hope it goes right this time,” Applejack said, though the tone of her voice suggested she wasn’t as pessimistic as she sounded.

They waited for a few minutes. Discord hadn’t made a move. Suddenly, Rainbow whispered, “Look!” Everyone turned and saw the princesses. They still had the scratches and scrapes from their previous encounter. But the most noticeable difference were the saddlebags on their backs. (Never really pictured Princess Celestia with saddlebags, Twilight remarked to herself.)

The alicorns made their way to the throne, never speaking, though not even trying to be sneaky with their presence. Finally, they stopped and stared at their enemy.

It wasn’t long before Discord turned around, laughing at this latest attempt. “Oh ho ho! This is sooo much fun!” he chortled, almost boasting his superiority. “How about a game of pin-the-tail-on-the-pony?” he joked as he held up something in his paw. Nopony had realized it was Celestia’s own tail until she looked behind her in shock.

After getting over that little sidetrack, the two sister’s faces hardened again. “Playtime is over for you, Discord!” Celestia said, calmly but firmly.

“Oh, I doubt that,” he said dismissively. He suddenly had a bag of… something in his hand (Why doesn't anyone notice these things until after they happen, Twilight thought to herself), like black seeds the size and shape of pebbles. He put a talonful in his mouth, savoring them immensely, though quite a few of the seeds spilled out of the bag and even his hands while he did so.

“Hungry?” he mockingly offered. Some of the seeds he dropped landed near the two alicorns; a few even bounced off their faces. Both were unaffected, their faces still scowling. Discord noted this lack of response and merely said, “Suit yourselves,” and kept eating.

Celestia and Luna both looked to their respective saddlebags and, using their own magic, pulled out six gemstones; five were cut into a long, octagonal shape, while the sixth, from Celestia’s bag, was a lavender six-pointed star.

“Are those it?” the Doctor asked.

“Yes,” Twilight said. “Princess Luna’s got the Elements of… Laughter, Honesty, and Loyalty, and Princess Celestia has Generosity, Kindness, and Magic.”

“The star one?” he continued. Twilight nodded. “Well, seeing as how it’s supposed to control the others, I guess it makes sense that it’d be different.”

Meanwhile, Discord also took a notice of what the two had. “Oh, what have you got there?” He seemed genuinely interested; he even dropped the bag of seeds as he asked.

Celestia wasted no words in her response. “The Elements of Harmony.”

“With them, we shall defeat you!” Luna added. All six Elements suddenly spun around the two, almost disappearing in the magic field they created.

Discord just laughed, like what he saw truly was funny. “You should see yourselves right now! The expressions on your face, so intense, so sure of yourselves!” He broke down into more laughter.

“Ah don’t believe it,” Applejack said. “He goes ta all that trouble ta make sure the Elements aren’t found, and now that they’re right in front a’ him, he’s not even worried.”

“He probably believes what he saw back when he confronted us,” the Doctor argued. “He truly thinks he’ll reign uncontested in the millennia to come.”

The princesses locked their horns together, causing the magic of the Elements to take the form of a rainbow. It arced up and headed straight for Discord, who was so busy laughing that he didn’t notice what was going on around him. By the time he realized it, it was too late. The rainbow fell over him and his body gained the consistency of stone; his paw clutched to his chest, his talon spread out to the side, and his face stuck in laughter. After that, the rainbow expanded to cover the ground. The checkerboard design reverted to actual grass, the trees returned from being an assortment of giant items, floating houses were lowered to the ground… essentially, everything that Discord had done throughout his reign had reversed to normality; even Celestia’s tail had returned to its rightful place.

Finally, everything had just stopped. The rainbow was gone, the world looked as it should, and a statue of Discord, perpetually frozen in laughter, dropped from its hilltop perch and slid down to the princesses’ hooves. Everything was silent until Luna sighed. “Is it over? Is it truly, finally over?”

Celestia looked one last time at the statue before turning to Luna. “It is.” She was caught off-guard by a hug from her younger sister. She could feel her coat become wet with Luna’s tears. Celestia put a hoof around her, eventually shedding a few tears herself: tears of happiness.

“So, what comes next?” Luna asked her.

“We’ll let tomorrow worry about that,” Celestia answered softly. “Today, I would say we’ve earned a nice, long rest.” Luna looked up at her and nodded. They both let go of each other and, after gathering the Elements, spread their wings and flew off.

The four ponies, meanwhile, were left in absolute wonder. As soon as they were out of earshot of the princesses, Twilight said, at normal volume, “Wow.”

“You can say that again, sugarcube,” Applejack agreed.

“You know, I kinda expected a bit more action than that,” Rainbow said. “But somehow, what just happened is almost as good.”

“Thanks for bringing us here, Doctor,” Twilight said. “This is going to be one of those ‘hard to forget’ moments.”

“Glad you enjoyed it,” the Doctor said. “Always nice to introduce others to the wonders of space and time.” Everyone stood there for a while longer and admired the restored scenery. “Ready to move on?” the Doctor said suddenly.

“Actually,” Twilight replied, “there’s one more thing I want to do here.”

Author's Note:

Only one more chapter to go. I really liked writing these Celestia/Luna scenes. (Not like that! You crazy shippers.)