• Published 11th Mar 2014
  • 947 Views, 20 Comments

Predator: Bad Blood - VampDash



The hunt continues as Yeyinde and Rainbow face their toughest challenge that comes in the form of insane and murderous Yautja monsters.

  • ...
6
 20
 947

The Huntress

The Frozen North was a harsh and unforgiving landscape few creatures dared to traverse. Among those that can survive it are the mythical Wendigoes and ponies if they wore the right gear for it. The pony running through the snow did have some gear on but it didn’t help the bleeding shoulder he had now. He kept trudging through the snow trying to get to civilization and lay low. He never meant to kill anypony nor did he expect to be hounded by what appeared to be two monsters spawned from Tartarus itself.

As he ran through the many feet of snow, his breaths grew quicker and shorter, close to hyperventilating. He looked back as the blizzard heavily rained snow…. only to see a pair of bright yellow eyes flash, causing him to gasp in fear as he ran harder through the snow. But it didn’t help that he had a bleeding shoulder, making a trail in the snow for whatever it was to hunt him better through this. One of the creatures leaped down a good distance and looked at the snow before it picked up the portion that had a red stain indicating blood. It’s eyes flashed before it started to chase him again.

“MoThEr BuCkEr WoN’t EsCaPe.” A female distorted voice told it as the snow fell from it’s invisible grasp. The crook soon tripped and fell into a cave not to far from the Crystal Empire but not close enough for anypony to hear him scream at all. As he fell to the cave floor, one of his legs snapped like a twig, exposing the bloodied bone and flesh. The pony screamed in pain as he struggled to move away. But soon, the sound of something landing was heard behind him. He slowly turned his head and in a flash, a familiar being was seen. It was at the campsite where he killed that pony. It had a pony body but… it was warped. It was taller, more muscled than anypony he’s ever seen. And the mane and tail seemed they were made out of flesh. It’s body also seemed to have a blueish tint that once may have been cyan and the mane was still a vibrant rainbow color.

He then turned and saw another creature show up. This one was taller than the other and was most definitely not a pony at all. It’s shape made it roughly six feet or so in height but the muscles made it seem so much taller. The mask on the first creature’s face, though, seemed to be even scarier than what lied beneath it. It had an extended snout area and it looked like it had two circular spots on the snout. They had lines etched in them like some ancient society built it. The other creature’s mask though was even more ferocious looking. It looked like a plain mask… if it wasn’t for the jaw bone of a Diamond Dog attached to it. He stammered a little as he pulled his head back and used his mouth to pull out the bits he stole from the corpse earlier.

“T-take it! Take the bits! Just please…. don’t kill me!” He begged. The creature with the jaw mask walked forward and growled a little… before it grabbed the bag he took the money with in it’s claws. The criminal sighed as he saw the beast start walking away. But he then grew more worried as the four legged creature approached him. As it approached, the stallion felt a warm liquid drip from his snow pants. He looked down and saw that he wet himself. But as he looked up, he watched as the monster’s blades on its wrist retracted, causing him to scream before his blood was sprayed onto the rocks next to him.


Rainbow Dash grunted as she pulled out the criminal’s head from his body with his spine still attached to him as the blood continued to squirt everywhere.

Bucking dumb ass. All he had to was turn himself in but nnnnoooo! He just HAD to make this more difficult. She mentally grumbled to herself. She finally put her trophy on her belt.

“Rainbow, I am calling the ship here. Please make sure that the rest of this thug is destroyed.” The other hunter known as Yeyinde said to her as he called the ship from his wrist bracer. Rainbow simply nodded her head as she pulled out a vial of blue neon liquid. She then poured it onto the remaining body of the pony and watched as it slowly dissolved into nothing more than liquid.

“This smells like crap no matter how often I open this freaking bottle.” Rainbow said. She walked back towards Yeyinde as the distant sound of rumbling was heard and a medium sized ship appeared before them. It was invisible to most but if they could see the heat signature on it they would see that it was a strange looking vessel that had several spikes on it. The door that lead inside opened and the two walked in. Rainbow walked over to the trophy wall and placed her latest trophy onto it.

Sometimes I love being a hunter. She thought happily as she began to head away from the wall. The ship soon shot off and sped towards Ponyville.


“C’MON APPLEJACK! YAH SAID THAT AH CAN DO THIS DELIVERY ON MAH OWN!” A little yellow filly said as her sister, an orange mare with a tied back blonde mane, rolled her eyes.

“And Ah told ya that it ain’t happenin’ while Ah still draw breath.” Applejack told her.

“Ya' don’ act like this ‘round Rainbow.” Her sister replied causing the farm mare blushed at this.

“Now ‘Bloom, Ah said ya’ ain’t doin’ the delivery an’ that’s final!” Applejack ordered as she tried to hide her blush.

“Ah bet Rainbow would-”

“Don’cha dare put Rainbow in this! Now, go and help Big Mac with the apples. Ah’m gonna see if Firefly needs help with ‘er homework.” Applejack said as she walked away. She heard her sister give off a small groan but in the end she went off to help Big Mac. Applejack went up to a nearby treehouse, the former headquarters for the now disbanded group once known as The Cutie Mark Crusaders, and looked around in it until she saw a familiar obsidian pony shape that stirred a little bit.

“Firefly, ya’ need ‘elp with anythin’?” She asked, causing the little filly to jump.

“Aunt Applejack, I was just.. waiting for Rainbow to come back.” She said to the mare.

“Ah know. So how’s yer’ homework comin’ along?” Applejack asked as she walked next to the filly. This caused the little insect pony to smile a little as she changed her shape into a small version of Rainbow but with a different color palette such as a hot pink coat where the cyan would be and a bright blue mane instead of a rainbow colored one.

“It’s coming along good some what. I’m having a little problem with figuring out which era Discord was a part of again.” She huffed a little.

“Well now Ah’m no expert on history but Ah believe it wasn’t 22 C.E.” Applejack said as she sat next to her.

“Well… when was it?” Firefly asked as she erased her old answer.

“It was around 345 C.E Ah believe.” Applejack replied.

“Okay. Thanks Aunt Applejack.” She simply said.

“Now hold on, how ‘bout ya’ take a break and we can go have a snack down at Sugarcube Corner?” Applejack asked. Before Firefly could respond a familiar rumbling was heard.

“MOMMA’S HOME!” Firefly exclaimed as she flew out almost with speed on par with her adoptive mother. This just made the farm mare shake her head even though she smiled a little bit. When the two were outside, a familiar blue pony came out of a large ship which left a short while after.

“MOMMA!” Firefly yelled happily as she hugged the mare tightly.

“Hey squirt. So, what’cha doin’?” Rainbow asked.

“Aunt Applejack and I were going to Sugarcube Corner.” Firefly replied.

“You were going to see Pinkie Pie? Without me?” Rainbow said with a raised eyebrow… though it was hard to tell with her mask still on.

“Um Dash… yah do know yer mask ain’t off right?” Applejack asked.

“Oh yeah. Thanks AJ.” Rainbow said as she took off each of the nozzles on the mask. She then took off her mask, revealing her face. Even though most of it was pony, she still had four massive canines like a giant predator.

“So, what’s going on with Sugarcube Corner?” Rainbow asked.

“Well Ah figured Firefly deserved a little break from ‘er homework and get us a snack. Feel like joinin’ us?” Applejack asked back, causing Rainbow’s stomach to growl.

“Yeah. I’m pretty hungry.” Rainbow replied.


Meanwhile, just outside of Equis’ atmosphere, a titanic ship was just nearing the planet. Inside were what seemed to be Yautja. But instead of the normal honor-bound Yautja, these were bad bloods. Yautja who went outside of the honor code and killed whoever they wished and whatever they wished. They were much buffer looking than any Yautja alive but that was from one thing that they did well…. they hunt, torture, and slaughter other members of their kind. Sitting in the main area of the ship on what seemed a throne was the largest of the Yautja. He was more muscular than any of the others and he never showed his face. His mask showed fear for it was heavily covered in scars and had two tusks tied to it. Sitting next to his throne, chewing on a large bone was his hunting hound. As he sat on his throne, a small, more intelligent Yautja approached him.

“Sir, we’ve picked up a signal on the planet.” The Yautja said. The lead Yautja turned his head slowly over to the smaller and pathetic hunter before him.

“Is there a certain reason you’ve brought this to my attention?” He asked the subordinate.

“Well sir…. it’s him.”

“.... I want a ship so that I can head down there as of yesterday.” He told him. The youngblood nodded as he headed back to his station. When the door shut, the Yautja got up and grabbed a skull of an elder Yautja.

“Oh father, first it was you. I drenched in your blood when I gutted you. Now… he’ll be next.” The Yautja said angrily as he crushed the skull in his clawed hand.

Author's Note:

The CMC are disbanded not because they grew distant, they still get together at the treehouse just for old times sake, but instead they've finally earned their Cutie Marks which I will go into more detail next chapter.