• Published 12th Mar 2014
  • 1,019 Views, 52 Comments

New pony in Ponyville - The Metallic Dash



A New pony moves to Ponyville to start fresh and begin a new life.

  • ...
6
 52
 1,019

New friends

Chapter 4
New Friends

‘Its another bright day again,’ I thought to myself. I got up and noticed it wasn't as late as I thought. It seemed to be the crack of dawn. I heard a knock at the door below. ‘Now who could that be,’ I wondered. I open the door and in front of me was a pony I didn't even know. “So, what’s up,” he said to me. “I heard about you from Vinyl. Says you’re pretty cool to hang around with.” I stand in the door staring at the complete stranger in front of me.

He was a light brown coated pegasus with a ruffled dark brown mane. He had brown eyes and freckles across his muzzle. Along with that, he wore a dark gray cargo vest and headsets were around his neck. His cutie mark, I noticed, was a heart with a hairpin note in the center of it.

"Hello? And who might you be?" I asked. He tilted his head, then his mouth opened as he realized something.

“Oh! Vinyl didn’t tell you about me, huh?” He asked. He then replied by saying, “I guess I shouldn’t have assumed there. Well, my name is Music Within us, But you can call me Ian.” He then came close and whispered, “That’s my real name. I’ll explain the details later.”

‘His real name what in the hay is he talking about?’ I thought. Before I could say anything, a cyan blue pegasus with a rainbow colored mane came out of nowhere and smashed into Ian. He got up and shook himself off and then he started laughing.

“Rainbow Dash, really!?” Ian asked. “Did you step into some poison joke again?" Rainbow Dash got back up on her hooves and laughed, saying back, “No. I just couldn’t stop fast enough.”

After a while, I started to laugh, because it was kind of funny that this mare-Rainbow Dash apparently crashed into Ian out of nowhere. "Who are you?" I asked.

"Who, me?” asked Rainbow Dash in response.

"Yes, you." I said. She stood there, slack-jawed, and so did Ian. "Am I missing something here?" I asked.

Ian nodded and Rainbow Dash told me, “Only Ponyville’s fastest flyer! And soon to be newest member of the Wonderbolts!" She said excitedly.

"If you crash into things like that, they might think twice." I stated smartly.

Rainbow Dash then looked at me angrily and exhaled through her nostrils, saying “You want to see me crash into things? Fine, then. How’s about I crash into you!” And as she’s about to charge me when Ian gets in between me and Dash.

He momentarily gets up on his rear hooves and holds out his fore hooves at RD, saying, “Whoa, take it easy. Here,” he says, taking his headsets of and putting them over RD’s ears. “Just listen to the music, and let it go.” He took out something plugged into the headsets from one of the pockets in his cargo vest and presses a button. Suddenly, RD stops flapping her wings as she calms down. She started to dance to it.

"How’d you do that?" I asked him as he put the device in his pocket.

He turned to me and said, “What, the calming RD thing?” he asked.

I nodded.

“I’ve been making music for a while, working with Vinyl and Octavia and all. I finally got them to work together and made the very music Dashie is dancing to. Plus, my music tends to also be soothing,” he added.

"Hey Ian, do you think that was a rude comment?” I asked. “Because I had this anger problem back in Cloudsdale, and I don’t want that to happen again. Do you think I should apologize?” I added.

He laughed and said, “Buck yes, I do. Had I not stepped in, she’d have probably sent you to the hospital."

I look away from Ian and watch in awe as the once angry Rainbow Dash started dancing to whatever was playing through those headphones. She stops dancing and takes the headphones off.

“Better?” Ian asked Rainbow Dash. Rainbow breathed in and nodded. “Good,” he said.

“Hey, Rainbow Dash? Look I'm sorry I was being mean, I didn't mean to say that remark earlier.” I said apologetically.

Rainbow Dash looked at me and said, “Nah, it’s okay. I tend to get angry easily, so it’s also partly my fault.”

I looked at both of them realizing I had no idea why they were here. "So why are you guys here?" I asked.

"Well I came to ask Music if he knows where this new pony is, I think his name was Thunder Rumbler or something like that." She said.

I had a twitch in my eye. “It's Thunder Roller,” I said.

“Wait do you know him?”asked Rainbow Dash.

“Know him? I am him!” I stated.

Ian heard the anger in my voice, and turned towards me, saying “Chill, bro. I think now you need some music.” He then took his headsets and put them on my ears. He took out the device, and pressed play.

Put youtube video here

After the song ended I felt a bit more relaxed.

“Thanks Ian, I needed that.” I said.

He smiled, then replied, “No prob, bro.” Ian then asked, “Anyways, are you also going to help with the Apple bucking today?”

“Yes I am, that’s where I was about to go before you guys showed up.” I replied.

Rainbow got a look as if she remembered something. “Oh my gosh, I almost forgot, Applejack told me to tell everypony that’s helping to get on over to the farm, Pronto.” Rainbow said quickly. “I gotta go, catch up with you guys on the farm.” She added.

Ian turned to me and said, “Well, that was unexpected, but oh well. Anyways, I’ll go with you. I just need to go see this pony who has my new orchestra sample at the ready. Okay?” Ian asked.

“Sure.” I said.

“Awesome. Okay so, this dude told me to visit his music shop by the marketplace. Follow me,” he said, motioning his hoof for me to come along.

“Alright, lead the way.” I said.

So, he lead me to this music shop called ‘Beats and Strings and Pon-3, oh my!’ He trotted up to a stallion with a saddle bag of Records packed. “Hey, what’s up! Do you have my sample?” The stallion nodded and went behind the counter, pulling out a disc with the words “academy all-sample” written on the top in black marker. The stallion then put it in a disc case and handed it to Ian, who put it in his cargo vest. “Thanks, bro,” he said.

“What’s that,” I asked.

“The sample for my newest music. I think I’ll call it; Sounds of the Academy of Music.” he said.

That was an awesome title, I thought to myself. “We good to go to the farm?” I asked.

He looked at me and nodded. We then headed to the farm, where Applejack was handing everypony a bucket for the apples to go in. Ian took his and went up to the nearest tree to start bucking. I took mine and followed his example. “Ouch” I complained.

He stopped and came up to me, asking, “What happened?”

I replied with, “I think I hurt my leg or hoof or something.”

Ian then hands Applejack his bucket, helping me get to a spot to rest. He tells me to watch him as he walks up to a tree. He turns his tail towards it, gets in bucking stance, and kicks the tree the correct way. “You can’t just kick without getting into position first, otherwise you’re asking for a trip to the Ponyville hospital. Just saying.”

I stand up and walk to a tree, try to get in a stance, then I look to Ian and asked, “Is this right?”

He simply nods as apples fall into the bucket. I then prepare to buck the tree when something hits me in the head. “What the heck?” I looked down and saw an apple. ‘Did someone chuck an apple at me?’ I thought as I look around for who could have done it, but had no luck. I got back to bucking the tree correctly and got back in my stance and bucked the tree. It didn’t hurt this time and I managed to get half of the apples into the bucket. “Hey Ian, I did it.” I said happily.

“Great!” He replied.

I moved from tree to tree within minutes. It took about 2 hours for us to finish ¼ of the orchard. I was amazed at how much progress we made. Applejack called us in for a break which I needed because my legs felt sore. I go over to Ian who was sitting near the barn drinking some cider. “We got a lot done today didn’t we Ian.” I said.

He raised his left fore leg and wiped the sweat off his head. He then looked at me and replied, “Yeah. Haven’t worked this much since I had to vacuum the house once.”

That surprised me, because I’ve never heard of a ‘vacuum’.

He realized what he said, then sighed. “Okay,” He said. “I’m about to tell you something, but you have to promise - I mean the Pinkie Promise type promise - not to tell anypony. AJ already knows, so it’s okay to tell her.”

I started to get a little scared, because it sounded like this stallion was speaking gibberish and nonsense.

He then said, “I’m not from Equestria.”

I stared at him confused. “What’s a Pinkie Promise? And what do you mean you’re not from Equestria.” I asked Ian.

He face-hoofed in an odd fashion, the bottom of his hoof meeting his face. He then explained the Pinkie Promise, and afterwards told me, “I’m from a different dimension where there are beings that can walk on two legs. They also have these things sticking out of the ends of their arms called fingers. They don’t have tails, they have a mixed diet that I don’t want to tell you, and most of all; their dimension is called Earth. These group of beings are called humans. I’m a human.”

I was staring at Ian as though he was crazy. “Yeah, sure you are. Ha ha, for a second there you sounded as though you were serious.” I said.

Ian sighed and stood up on his forelegs, leaving me wondering how he did that, as he took off his cargo vest. I saw a strange marking on his back, and a blue aura swirled around it. The aura continued to swirl, but it then moved all around his body. It engulfed him, and when the aura died out, he was an oddly shaped being standing on two legs. I stared at Ian with wide eyes. ‘How did he do that,’ I asked myself. Ian then began to turn back into his original form. “See I told you, I am a human,” Ian said.

“Yeah you did,” I said with surprise and defeat at what I have just seen. “We might as well continue working and help AJ get this done.” I said.

“I agree.” Ian replied

And with that, we got our buckets and began bucking again.

It was beginning to get late and we had finished about ½ of the orchard and everypony else finished the other half. I said my goodbyes to everypony and started my flight home. I stopped on a nearby tree to watch the sunset over the mountains and it was breath-taking. So after the sun went down, I was on my way home again and I had the eerie feeling that I was being watched from the ground. I got home about 5 minutes later, went inside, sore from applebucking, I went to sleep immediately.