• Published 12th Mar 2014
  • 1,017 Views, 52 Comments

New pony in Ponyville - The Metallic Dash



A New pony moves to Ponyville to start fresh and begin a new life.

  • ...
6
 52
 1,017

A Book in the Library

Chapter 3
A Book in the Library

I made it to the library and was astounded at the big tree in front of me. How somepony could live in there? I asked myself. I walked up to the door and right I as I was about to knock, somepony opened it and I accidentally hit a purple unicorn mare in the face.

“Oh my gosh! Are you okay?” I asked the purple mare with concern.

“Yes, I’m alright. Why’d you hit me, though?” she asked.

I looked at her face just in case she was hurt, and I noticed that she was an Alicorn! I stared at her for a while then she looked to me.

“Why are you staring at me like that?” she asked agian.

I was too lost in thought to hear her. ‘Is she a princess?’ I thought. ‘Did I hit a princess in the face? Am I gonna be thrown into the Ponyville Jail if they even have one. Wow I feel horri-’ My thoughts were cut short with a whack. “Ow, what was that for.” Whatever hit me got me out of my thought.

She looked at me with a big smile on her face. “My name is Princess Twilight Sparkle, sorry that I just hit you in the back of the head with a pan. You were kinda weirding me out with you staring at me. Why were you staring at me anyway? And who are you?” It took a minute for me to understand what she was asking.

“I was staring at you because I’ve never seen an alicorn before. I'm really sorry for hitting you in the face, though. And my name is Thunder Roller, Please don't throw me in jail.” She looked at me and began to laugh. Why is she laughing?

“Now what kind of welcome would that be to a new pony. And no I'm not going to do that.” she said.

Relief filled my body. “So what brings you to Ponyville?” she asked.

“Well I had just recently moved here to get away from all of the noise of Cloudsdale.”

She nodded her head in agreement. “So what brings you to the library, do you want to check out a certain book?”

I was supposed to ask her something Applejack was talking about… Urg I can’t seem to remem- Wait the Elements of Harmony. “Actually, I was going to ask about the Elements of Harmony.” I think I surprised her with that question.

“What do you mean? You’ve never heard of the Elements?”

Was everypony supposed to know about them? “No I haven’t.” Why won’t she just tell me already?

“What do you want to know?” she asked.

I didn't know how to actually answer her question. “How much can you tell me?”

With that she started explaining the Elements. It was starting to get dark when she was done explaining and I remembered that I had to go meet Vinyl at her house.

“Thank you for your time and telling me all you can about the Elements of Harmony.” I said.

She smiled at me and said, “Glad I could help.” With that I head to Vinyl’s place.



It took about 15 minutes to get from Twilight’s house to Vinyl’s. The light was on and so I knocked. But It wasn’t Vinyl who answered. Instead, it was a gray earth mare with purple eyes and a hairpin note cutie mark. “Who are you?” I asked the mare.

“Question is who are you?” she asked back.

I thought only Vinyl lived here. “My name is Thunder Roller. Now yours.”

She blinked. “My name is Octavia Melody.”

Weird, now where have I heard that name before. I thought for a minute and remembered that I once saw her at a symphony.

“You look familiar, have we met somewhere?” she asked. Wow she took the words right out of my mouth.

“Yeah we meet at a symphony a while back. I think it was in Canterlot during the Grand Galloping Gala.” I said.

A smile crept onto her face. “Did you like the performance.”

Honestly I didn’t like it, but I didn’t want to hurt her feelings. “Yes, I enjoyed the performance very much.” I’m glad I made somepony happy but I can’t believe I lied to somepony either.

“So Vinyl told me to come by the house tonight to make up for shooting me with her bass cannon.” She had a disappointed look on her face.

“I told her not to do it.” she said.

SANDWICH, I thought suddenly.

“Anyway come inside, Vinyl’s working on some new music.” she added.

‘I wonder what music she’s working on,’. I went inside and saw vinyl at a desk with a computer and headphones on. She looked up from her laptop and saw me.

“Hey, you made it. Also you left without telling me your name.” she said.

‘Why do I keep forgetting to say my name to everypony?’ I thought. “My name is Thunder Roller. Probably should have told you that when I met you.” I chuckled. “So whatcha working on Vinyl?” I added.

She waved me to her laptop and put some headphones over my ears. Then she clicked a button and music began to play. The song started out with soft beats, then a heavy beat dropped which made my entire body shake. When it was over I took off the headphones, and just sat there. Honestly I think I might gone deaf for a minute or two because it looked like when Vinyl was trying to talk to me, all I saw was her lips moving, so I point to my ears and shook my head. It looks like she understood me and left me there. I could tell the sound was coming back when I heard a sneeze in the other room. "Bless you," I yelled.

"Thank you," said Octavia.

I could hear my stomach growling. I wonder if I'm eating here or at home. Octavia calls for Vinyl and I for dinner. Whatever the food was it smelt good. “Something in here smells good, what is it?” I asked Octavia.

“It’s Hay-fries with grilled cheese and daffodil sandwich.” she replied.

Mmmm, I thought to myself. We waited for Vinyl to come downstairs.

“Whatcha make Tavi.” Vinyl asked.

Octavia, obviously not too happy about the nickname, grunted before saying again, “Hay-fries with a grilled cheese and Daffodil sandwich.”

“Mmm, sounds good.” Vinyl replied.

We ate the amazingly tasty food in peace. After dinner, Vinyl wanted to show me something on her computer. So I go to her room upstairs. I think her room was super soundproof because before I opened the door I heard nothing, Then once it was open, a blast of sound and bass filled the hallway. She turned down the music and gestured me inside. I closed the door so the music could resume quietly. I then look out the window and looked at the view. She also came over to the window.

“Beautiful view, isn’t it?” she asked me. I could only nod as I looked out at Ponyville. “Do you like it here in Ponyville,” she added, looking at me.

“Great ponies here, even Tavi. Though she does tend to be a little uptight.”

At first, I wanted to protest. But then I realized that Vinyl’s probably been a roommate of Octavia’s for a while, while I just came here yesterday. After a moment or two, I realized I was dead tired. So I said my goodbyes to Vinyl and Octavia, thanking them for having me as a guest. I then headed home. As soon as I entered the house, I fell asleep on the floor.